Parent tags general

Litrojia
Cottonwood Kindle - For supporting the site
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Tree of Harmony -
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artistic Detective - For hunting down artist when their names have changed
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

@Melisareb  
@Background Pony #19CC  
Done.

At least for now, I only set those first four tags as implications though. Due to species swaps, I’m hesitant to assume that all offspring will be draconies, and for this reason, most tags for children of interspecies parents don’t imply species. This logic carries over to other types of tags as well, especially character tags. The “interspecies offspring” tag has a similar issue, but that’s an implication of pretty much all relevant parent tags, so I included that here. In short, it’s a mess that’ll need to be sorted out sometime.
Litrojia
Cottonwood Kindle - For supporting the site
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Tree of Harmony -
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artistic Detective - For hunting down artist when their names have changed
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

@Background Pony #19CC  
I know. However, most other interspecies parent tags do not. The site is inconsistent with how they’re handled, and I believe that adding those implications is inconsistent with tagging elsewhere on the site.
Background Pony #19CC
@Litrojia  
Again, I must protest. To my experience, the only interspecies offspring parent tags that don’t imply their parents hybrid species are Discord’s parent tags, I was never sure why myself, I assumed it was either and oversight or intentional due to Discord offspring being less consistent in terms of what they turn out as. Either that or it was because we never did settle on a universally accepted tag for draconequus-pony hybrid.

To bolster my position, check the “implied by” tags for changepony and yakony. I’m sure there’s more past that as well that I’m unable to think of.
Background Pony #19CC
@Litrojia  
I see what you’re saying, but the very fact that it was decided that interspecies offspring should be implied in the first place should indicate the parent tags were breaking from the site’s usual rule of not implying species.

I maintain that those tags that don’t imply a hybrid species tag are most likely either mistakes, or cases where there is no agreed upon hybrid tag, like draconequus-pony hybrids, dragonlings, and kirin-pony hybrids. (A small tangent to note, many of these do have tags made for them, but they’re relatively small and currently unrecognized as species tags)

At the very least, I would point out that all interpecies offspring parent tag that has implications set up imply hybrid, so at the very least that needs to implied.
catachromatic
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Best Artist - Providing quality, Derpibooru-exclusive artwork
Artist -

parents:sonicdash  
parent:sonic  
parent:rainbow dash  
crossover ship  
interspecies offspring  
offspring

parents:mordetwi  
parent:mordecai  
parent:twilight sparkle  
crossover ship  
interspecies offspring  
offspring

parents:pinkiepool  
parent:pinkie pie  
parent:deadpool  
crossover ship  
interspecies offspring  
offspring
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide