Older Gen Pony tag fixing (G*)

LightningBolt
Umbrella - For Patreon supporters
Lightning Dee - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
Everything crossed out if just kept for legacy, please see bottom of post for current info.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%~

My original post was in here and I will also paste it after this line and add to it afterwards.

Unrelated to everything, but I propose help in changing any older gen ponies tnatshare names with newer ponies, objects, etc, to either get their name changes to X (g1) or X (character) or X (pony) depending on which one is best suited to them or a way to unify them all to one, or if the object/other is lower in count compared to the pony, add a descriptor to it and allow the pony to take precedence. For examples of a few of these, we have Butterscotch which can apply to either male Fluttershy, OR a G1 AND G3 pony, plus probably some food in there, that’s a big mess. Also ones like Cotton Candy which is mostly food but some pone, or Bowtie which is mostly clothes and some pone (is it bowtie or bow tie? either or) also I did Bubbles (character) last year when bubbles was merged into bubble. This is a low priority project for sure, but it bugs me to have so many inconsistencies, and not all of these are just third tier pones who no one cares about, but some more popular G1 and G3 pones even, tho G1 suffers most from ‘ponies with generic names’ compared to later gens.

-To add to this, I’m not proposing this be done for very older gen pony, that would take forever, just the ones that share names with common objects or what not, and to decide if (pony) (g*) or (character) should be used, or in some cases, if the pony should take the name first and leave the object with (object) added instead.  
A couple more small things, baby ponies in G1 all had the prefix ‘baby’ in front of their name, so the correct formatting for them should be like “baby firefly” and not “baby, firefly”. I marked all babies with name tags here yesterday, so it should be easy to tell from what we have here. Also, Moondancer of g4 and g1 don’t need to be differentiated, because they are all but identical imo. It’s easy enough to search for “Rainbow Dash, g3” to find what you are looking for, so I don’t know if we need to separate, say Butterscotch from G1 and Butterscotch from G3 with separate tags, or if the marker is enough, so I am undecided. I simply wish to unify this all and make it easier on everyone.-

Since a suffix has been decided on (G*) this post will now be periodically edited with characters that need tag fixing so anyone who doesn’t know where to start can just look here.

Some ponies that need done:

Bowtie (G1)  
Bow Tie (G3)  
Butterscotch (G1)  
Butterscotch (G3)  
Cotton Candy (G1)  
Cotton Candy (G3)  
Confetti (G1)  
Sprinkles (G1)  
Sunlight (G1)  
Windy (G1)  
Night Light (G1)  
Patch (G1)  
Water Lily (G1)  
Cupcake (G1)  
Cupcake (G2)  
Cupcake (G3)  
Cupcake (G4) (She has the name Sugarcup in EUR and Cupcake elsewhere, should have Cupcake (G4) added too and cupcake removed, there’s more images of her, but this helps you know what she looks like.)  
Seashell (G1)  
Galaxy (G1)  
Milky Way (G1)  
Night Glider (G1)  
Bouquet (G1)  
Beach Ball (G1)  
Bangles (G1)  
Buttons (G1) (Two ponies with this name, if you wanna separate them, the green one is “Twice As Fancy Buttons”)  
Creamsicle (G1) (Yes, a giraffe)  
Hollywood (G1)  
Clover (G1)  
Cherry Pie (G1)

Should be easy to figure out which pony looks like what, but if you struggle, the My Little Wiki can help.

Possible separating G1 G3 and G4 Moondancer, Spike and Applejack, G1 and G4 Parasol, G3 and G3.5 Rainbow Dash, Scootaloo, Rarity, Sweetie Belle, Cheerilee, Pinkie Pie, G1 and G3 Minty, making sure all G1 Medley don’t have Sprinkle Medley added? Checking over any baby G1 ponies to see if they are actually Baby * or just a baby *?

Also, PPG Bubbles needs to be cleared out of the Bubbles (G1) tag.

Edit: Alt direction, since Gingerbread the pony has more images tagged, Gingerbread the food should be renamed Gingerbread (food) or Gingerbread (cookie).

Baby ponies from previous gens need to be fixed if Baby was a prefix to their name, again, check My Little Wiki for official names if you are unsure.
DragonMaus
Bronze Bit -
Sapphire -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <DragonWraith> fish are not for sexual
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Bronze Supporter -
Happy Derpy! -

Vote Support.

I think going with (gX) would be best, as that includes all of the information that (pony) or (character) would, as well as specific information about what generation the character is from. This would be especially important for multi-generational characters.
patec
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Already stated my support in the old thread.

Intuition wise I would go with (pony) as suffix. it’s the first thing I would search when i find that ‘Cotton Candy’ doesn’t show me pictures of the pony I’d like to see.

Of course (gx) carries more information, but it’s also a bit harder to guess.
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@patec  
Patec makes a point that I like a lot.

Sometimes I’m looking for a “before Faust” pony, and I have to troll through all the possible pre-4 gens to find it.

I can’t think of what would make that easier though - I don’t like the idea of some sort of “BeforeLauren” tag … but some sort of “gen < 4” would be really nice. Ideally, I would love to be able to do “gen.lt.4”, but having a Gen = # variable that can be searched on like “gen.gte.2” is … messy.

“Pre-FiM”? “BeforeFaust”? I don’t like any of the things going through my head right now, but I really want something that makes the X in the gX easier than “&& (g1 || g2 || g3)” (although, having typed that, it’s not that much of a problem, I guess)
LightningBolt
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
@patec  
Guess? That’s all I’m confusing about in your comment, I don’t see why people would have to ‘guess’ what gen a pony was from, is it not obvious?

Well I suppose what’s obvious to me might not be for others…
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@LightningBolt  
Yeah, I’m in the “I only know it existed before” boat. Sorry.

I like earlier gens, but only got into the show with this one, so … I have no idea how many gens AppleJack has been in, or which ones she missed.
LightningBolt

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
@patec  
The only problem (pony) brings is non-pony characters, like animals or pets, so that is my only struggle in just making it be (pony) and done for.
Mildgyth
Best Pink Pony - For being the first person to reach 50k uploads, managing the site's featured images, and countless other contributions to the site.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Senior Moderator
Humata, Hukhta, Hvarshta
As i said there, it sounds like a good idea, and i also support DragonWraith’s suggestion.
LightningBolt

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
I brought this to general tagging so the various people that mentioned older gen pony name tags can contribute their feedback!
Zebasiz
Bronze Bit -
Friendly Griffon - For helping others attend the fifth anniversary party
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <Zeb> That's why yer female partner can use a trapon
Artist -

I’m in support of the idea in general.

As for the specific tag to use: Not sure. I think adding (g#) to the names that have multiple meanings would be best. Since it carries all the needed information,is fast to type, and accounts for non-pony characters.
Jarkes
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Transformers Thread

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
@LightningBolt

Well, as you already know, we’ve got 3 characters named Starlight: Starlight from My Little Pony Tales, Starlight Glimmer, and the EQG background human Starlight.

My suggestion: keep the Starlight Glimmer tag as it is, but make the Tales Starlight “starlight (g1)” (since Tales is still part of G1) and the EQG Starlight “starlight (eqg)”.
Soarinjack
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
The 1% - Uploaded 1% or more of the site's images
Perfect Pony Plot Provider -
Derpibooru Premium - Learn about the benefits of subscribing to Derpibooru Premium membership at https://derpibo
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

@LightningBolt  
“Just be sure to list any new tags in the proper thread so they can be colorized! “

Will do. Unfortunately I only spotted this thread after I had seperated G1 Bon Bon from the main tag.
LightningBolt

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
Some ponies that need done:

Cotton Candy (G1)  
Bowtie (G1)  
Bow Tie (G3)  
Butterscotch (G1)  
Butterscotch (G3)  
Cotton Candy (G1)  
Cotton Candy (G3)  
Confetti (G1)  
Sprinkles (G1)  
Sunight (G1)  
Windy (G1)  
Sunlight (G1)

Should be easy to figure out which pony looks like what, but if you struggle, the My Little Wiki can help.

Possible separating G1 G3 and G4 Moondancer, Spike and Applejack, G1 and G4 Parasol, G3 and G3.5 Rainbow Dash, Scootaloo, Rarity, Sweetie Belle, Cheerilee, Pinkie Pie, G1 and G3 Minty, making sure all G1 Medley don’t have Sprinkle Medley added? Checking over any baby G1 ponies to see if they are actually Baby * or just a baby *?

Also, PPG Bubbles needs to be cleared out of the Bubbles (G1) tag.

Edit: Alt direction, since Gingerbread the pony has more images tagged, Gingerbread the food should be renamed Gingerbread (food) or Gingerbread (cookie).
Solitude
Element of Generosity -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

I’m in support of the idea in general.
As for the specific tag to use: Not sure. I think adding (g#) to the names that have multiple meanings would be best. Since it carries all the needed information,is fast to type, and accounts for non-pony characters.

Seconded.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide