'Rarity looking at food' tag?

SGMayo

What is it? Is it a well-known meme? Is it a fetish? Does it have any reason to exist? Sorry, but the idea of any image of Rarity and food randomly being tagged with this is seriously bugging me.
kleptomage
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

I don’t know why it should bug you, but to answer your question, someone noticed that Rarity frequently looks at food on the show and it took off from there. You may consider it a meme like Rarity fighting a giant crab or Trixie eating pinecones.
SGMayo

So…every picture of Rarity and food is directly referencing this so called ‘meme’? The artist specifically implied they are referencing this ‘meme’?
SGMayo

@kleptomage  
Well, I want to filter it because I think this ‘meme’ is dumb and forced and not funny, but I feel like I can’t, because artwork that doesn’t even purposely reference this meme is getting tagged with it. So I just want to propose that only art intentionally referencing this ‘meme’ gets this tag.
ArmadilloEater

Administrator
French Taunter
The tag is a little random yes. It seems to be tagged on anything that has Rarity anywhere near food.

@Solitude  
Thirded, though I don’t want the selection to be too drastic, we might benefit from having the people that actually use this tag in the discussion.
Zharkaer
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Best Artist - Providing quality, Derpibooru-exclusive artwork
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Artist -

Devoted Shimmerfag
@SGMayo  
Regardless of his intentions I think this would be the way to go. Remove the tag from artwork not specifically referencing it, keep it on screencaps from the show and art that references it.
ArmadilloEater

Administrator
French Taunter
@Post-it  
Right now we are trying to narrow the tag down to make it more relevant, not remove it completely. Art that was done for it, or screenshots that fit the theme are tagged, images that only have Rarity and food near each other are getting detagged. Does that seem fair?

If you have images that were detagged link them here if you want me to look at them, to make sure the detagging is not too broad.
Post-it
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Lord of Paps
@Post-it
Wow, rude much? I literally haven’t touched any of your images, so I have no idea why you’re getting mad at me for anything.

Rude? I’ve been extremely civil.

full

I’m done replying to this.
SGMayo

@Post-it  
You called me a child and said I was wasting people’s time with my ‘antics’. How exactly is that being civil? And if I wasting the moderators time they would have declined my proposal, which they didn’t, so obviously they didn’t think I was wasting their time. Oh, and you also missed the part where I said I would have already filtered this tag if it didn’t have so many unrelated pictures under it. Now that I see the tag has been properly dealed with, I can now safely put it in my filters without missing out on good Rarity artwork(I watch her tag btw as she is my fave mane 6)  
But anyway, It’s just a tag. There’s no need for us to be mean to each other over a tag. No hard feelings and have a good day :)
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

This topic has been locked to new posts from non-moderators.

Lock reason: Done