Viewing last 25 versions of post by Princess Luna in topic Rating tags general

Princess Luna
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Economist -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <%Nebulon> Yeah, just fetch me a smaller anus, sweetie.
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
From the Night -

Senior Moderator
Site Developer
Tag Czar
"[@LightningBolt":](/tagging/rating-tags-general/post/4494438#post_4494438
)  
Thanks for adding to the discussion; I've changed the second one to Explicit. Do you agree on the image brought up with plots facing the viewer and then edited with Spike, by the way?

"

[
@Damaged":](/tagging/rating-tags-general/post/4494449#post_4494449
)  
Definitely...the hard part is that writing more words into the guidelines doesn't usually help, as it can just confuse people, but writing less makes for less distinguishment. I feel the current _*intent_* of the ratings is really good right now simply because there are very few cases where a bit of reasoning on specifics can't be used to arrive on a definitive rating (or at least two adjacent ones). Unfortunately, the actual text falls short, and I see no way to rewrite things to overcome that, so it does still need a lot of explanation.

Consistency is the main goal,; a lot of my current focus is on making sure we rate somewhat like e621 tags;: ignoring context.
No reason given
Edited by Princess Luna
Princess Luna
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Economist -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <%Nebulon> Yeah, just fetch me a smaller anus, sweetie.
From the Night -

Senior Moderator
Site Developer
Tag Czar
"@LightningBolt":/tagging/rating-tags-general/post/4494438#post_4494438
Thanks for adding to the discussion,; I've changed the second one to Explicit. Do you agree on the image brought up with plots facing the viewer and then edited with Spike, by the way?

"@Damaged":/tagging/rating-tags-general/post/4494449#post_4494449
Definitely...the hard part is that writing more words into the guidelines doesn't usually help, as it can just confuse people, but writing less makes for less distinguishment. I feel the current _intent_ of the ratings is really good right now simply because there are very few cases where a bit of reasoning on specifics can't be used to arrive on a definitive rating (or at least two adjacent ones). Unfortunately, the actual text falls short, and I see no way to rewrite things to overcome that, so it does still need a lot of explanation.
Consistency is the main goal, a lot of my current focus is on making sure we rate somewhat like e621 tags; ignoring context.
No reason given
Edited by Princess Luna
Princess Luna
Economist -
From the Night -

Senior Moderator
Site Developer
Tag Czar
"@LightningBolt":/tagging/rating-tags-general/post/4494438#post_4494438
Thanks for adding to the discussion, I've changed the second one to Explicit. Do you agree on the image brought up with plots facing the viewer and then edited with Spike, by the way?
No reason given
Edited by Princess Luna