Request Tag Change "Alternate Version"

Princess_Fluttershy
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Princess of Kindness
I have see it in my Uploads, the Tag “Alternate Version” is misunderstandable.  
It is not full understandable what are the Variation, so I request an Change.

For alternative Versions of an Artwork the Tag will be changed into “Artwork Variation”.  
Animations should not be Tagged alternate, because its still the same Picture.  
The Tag “Animated” should be enough for them.

For alternative Versions of an Character the Tag will be changed into “Alternate Character” or “Alternate Character Design or “Character Variation”.  
For Example, SciTwi and Evil Celestia (Mirror Universe, Comic) are alternate Character Designs of Twilight and Celestia from FiM.

Other Alternates for Things I have not mention should be added to the Pool of “Alternaxe ???” Tags too.
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
The tag alternate version has a very specific and specialized use on this site.

It is analogous to the ‘Edit’ tag, but is only used when the artist themselves have edited their own work to make a new version of an image.

This way, when an artist makes a series of images, each of which is edited to be slightly different from the original image, the edits are tagged “alternate version”. This way if people do not want to see multiple versions of the same image, they filter the ‘alternate version’ tag and then only see the original.

Periodically artists will make dozens of edits of their own work. With this tag, people can avoid seeing the edits if they choose.

This tag is already in use on nearly fifty thousand images, and is being used by more than a thousand differnt people to watch for, or to filter, images that are the artist’s edits of their own works.

So, the tag will not be changed.

It appears that you are using it for some other purpose, as the result of an entirely different problem.

It appears that the real source of the confusion on your uploads is that you are tagging your uploads both as an OC and as Fluttershy - they can’t be both. If you are truly uploading an OC, then you should not also be tagging the character with the name of the character your OC is based on. That your OC is an ‘alternate version of Fluttershy in an alternate universe’ who also has an entirely different name, then there’s no reason to tag her ‘history’ or the source of the inspiration for your OC - you should just tag your OC.

I’ll send you a PM to help figure out how your OC should be tagged to resolve the issues you’ve run into with your uploads. We don’t need to redefine tags, we just need to be using the correct tags that already exist.
Princess_Fluttershy
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Princess of Kindness
@Ciaran  
Well the Tag Fluttershy will come itself because of the name and after all it is still Fluttershy, like the Mirtor Universe Celestia is still Celestia, even her Character ald Look are different.  
Princess Fluttershy is an Au OC, but if the design is not OC enough, then I can tag her just after the differences.  
Alicorified I cant use, brcause she is not the Dhow Fluttershy.  
in the Fanfiction “The empty Room” are a Daybreaker Version of Celestia, but her Name is Nightmare Flare.  
So is it then a OC or Daybreaker or Celestia?  
My Char is similar.  
Its an different Universe but still the same Pony.  
I don’t tag ger History.  
I have a list of Standard Tags in a Txt and just tag the picture after the e621 Rule: Tag whst you see, nothing more.  
So if the Picture dont schow the Cutiemark, I will not tag “alternate cutiemark” even if I know she has it.  
I have use “alternate version” because I had unterstand it as general Tag vor everything that are different from the Original, not just an Variation of the Artwork.
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Princess_Fluttershy  
I think you should be tagging your OC as your OC:Princess Fluttershy.

She’s not an ‘alternative’ Fluttershy - she’s your OC.

She’s not ‘alicornized’ Fluttershy - she’s your OC.

Just tag your OC as your OC and stop trying to tag her as if she were Fluttershy. She’s your OC. Just tag her as that.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide