Stepfamily tags

Midday Shine

Protect Celestia!
I’m not going to beat around the bush – the stepfamily-related tags are a mess. So far, we have:  
Background Pony #D312
My 2 minutes of Google research indicates that no space/no hyphen is the proper way to write these terms.

So, organized for convenience:  
step-mother, step mother -> stepmother  
step-father (*), step father -> stepfather  
step-daughter, step daughter -> stepdaughter  
step-son, step son -> stepson  
step-brothers, step brothers (**) -> stepbrothers  
step-sisters, step sisters (***) -> stepsisters  
step-siblings, step siblings -> stepsiblings

*also fixed your typo in the link ;)  
**some of these appear to be referencing a movie called Step Brothers which, as a proper noun, would be exempt (probably move to step brothers (film))  
***there was also a movie titled Step Sisters but the tag isn’t (currently?) used for that. But also, the sole image with that exact tag is only relevant to via the description; nothing in the image itself indicates stepsisterhood…

Misc:  
stepfather and daughter  
step-parent and step-child  
step-mother and step daughter (whoever did this didn’t even make it consistent)  
There was also step-mother and step-son but all the images it was on were artist-request-deleted  
step daddy discord

@Midday Shine  
How many of them do we actually need?
That is definitely a question. These are all very low-use tags.
Midday Shine

Protect Celestia!
My 2 minutes of Google research indicates that no space/no hyphen is the proper way to write these terms.

I did look it up before posting, but thanks anyway for your thoughtfulness. :)

How many of them do we actually need?
That is definitely a question. These are all very low-use tags.

I was thinking more about the single-word tags, like “stepfather”. Do we really need them? It’s not like we can label a character as a stepfather without there being another character (a stepchild) in the picture; just like we don’t use such tags as “mother” or “son”.  
The low usage is important, too, though.

Misc:
stepfather and daughter
step-parent and step-child
step-mother and step daughter (whoever did this didn’t even make it consistent)
There was also step-mother and step-son but all the images it was on were artist-request-deleted
step daddy discord

Yeah… the lack of consistency is a pain.

I think it would be best to nuke the single-word tags (save for “stepbrothers”, “stepsisters” and “stepsiblings”), then set up the following implications:  
stepfather and daughter (renamed to stepfather and stepdaughter) → stepfather and stepchild  
stepfather and stepson (hypothetical) → stepfather and stepchild  
step-mother and step daughter (renamed to stepmother and stepdaughter) → stepmother and stepchild  
stepmother and stepson (hypothetical) → stepmother and stepchild  
stepsisters and stepbrothersstepsiblings  
stepfather and stepchild and stepmother and stepchildstep-parent and step-child (renamed to stepparent and stepchild)

Not sure what to do with step daddy discord, though.
Rainbow Dash
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Artistic Detective -

Maybe a little bit wolfy
@Midday Shine  
Someone will be handling it shortly. In the future if it goes a while with no updates then you can message a staff member or better yet come to our discord and hit us up in the site and tag discussion channel or the support channel. Thanks!
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide