Tail* tags

Tagging Discussion » Tail* tags Search Posts
Vauria
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

Went looking for what tag to apply for when a pony has their tail held up, stumbled into quite a mess.

tail holder - seems like the main tag for what I wanted  
tail tied - used sporadically for the same thing, as well as the two images were two characters had their tails tied together  
intertwined tails - a better fit for a few of tail tied, though I feel like there are far fewer images with it than their should be. Also please alias ‘tails intertwined’  
tied tail - just a mess  
tail bondage - same thing again, as well as instances where the tail is used to wrap someone up  
tail wrap - actually has a description, “A binding wrapped around the base of a character’s tail.”  
tailband - like the above  
tail cuff - like the above again but as a cuff?  
tail ring - like the above but jewellery  
tail accessory - could maybe become a catch all, basically empty at the moment  
tail bow - what a lot of the above would be better tagged as, has a description  
raised tail - well used, only comment being it implies tail which seems like a pointless tag given how many images are missing it  
tail lift - the above but active?  
tail hold - implies prehensile tail, but hardly half are tagged to match

and then not strictly related, but tail penetration and tail sex, tail mouth and tailmouth.

I cleaned up tied and bondage as they only had about 40 images each, moving most into holder, except the few where the tail was used as a restraint. Only after that did I realise tail wrap had a description, and it wasn’t what I thought it was. I assumed it was like hairbands, but in tails, like the band AJ uses to tie hers up. I moved a few in there myself, and some that fit it’s description into tail holder, but there’s far more than just what the description implies under that tag. tailband would better fit what I was looking for, but that tag is at only 20, and many of them fit tail wrap. Then I finally went and searched *tail*, which lead to the extensive list above…

So I think there’s definitely a lot of cleaning, retagging, merging, describing, aliasing and implies’ing to be done, but I don’t know the best way to reduce things. As a start at least for the descriptions and which to keep:

tailband: A hairband used on a tail, like seen on Applejack  
tail ring: Jewellery wrapped around a tail  
tail cuff: Like a collar or leather/metal cuff used on a tail  
tail wrap: As is  
tail bow: As is  
tail accessory: Implied by all the above

tail holder: When something is used to keep a character’s tail raised (this could be implied by tail wrap, as that almost always the effect of raising their tail, although the wrappings aren’t as intrinsically lewd).  
tail tied to collar: (this is a pretty common flavour of tail holding, and maybe deserves its own tag, implying tail holder)

and then there are creatures with non-hair tails like snakes and seaponies, which should be treated differently? Maybe? I’m so lost.
Princess Luna
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Economist -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <%Nebulon> Yeah, just fetch me a smaller anus, sweetie.
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
From the Night -

Senior Moderator
Site Developer
Tag Czar
I’m not sure exactly what you’re looking for here, there’s quite a difference between something holding a tail up, a bow on it, and a character raising their tail (note that “tail lift” is for someone else raising it).
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide