Salty about the september 2016 update

Daneasaur
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)

It’s still new to me and it’s quite brutally a pain that anthro works with a short statured spike-or-similar-characters are flat out forbidden and it’s a pain.

Still, I’m thankful that my uploads that manage to be against the rule haven’t resulted in a punishment, but it’s somewhat hard to figure out. Especially with the grey area that is Spike.
Joey
Dawnsong - Derpi Supporter
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!

PM me your cute OCs
May I ask what update you’re talking about exactly? The site’s constantly being changed and updated, and it’s hard to remember what happened when.
Daneasaur
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)

@Joey  
Ah, well, it’s the ruling of anthro characters that if they are deemed ‘under aged”, the content is removed.

I had uploaded this: https://e621.net/post/show/1225528

though it was removed in less than 5 minutes due to a claim of Rule 5. I, at first, though it was just for the humanized versions of characters, like the CMC being three little girls or being little girls with the pony heads just stuck on them.

However, a few really well dome images, mainly with spike, have been removed/forbidden from being posted because he’s “too human” or something to that effect. Said image I tried to upload being removed was quite frustrating to me as the ruling still feels extremely cloudy to me. ESPECIALLY where Spike is concerned.
Joey
Dawnsong - Derpi Supporter
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!

PM me your cute OCs
@Daneasaur  
Generally the rule is if they’re human or anthro and appear to be under the age of eighteen, it’s not allowed. The laws are very murky on this content, and since we don’t wish to host illegal or potentially-illegal content, we decided to take a “better safe than sorry” approach.

The problem is, the laws don’t have a defined line between what is and isn’t considered human. Especially since having purple skin or a few non-human features could be considered to be “artistic style” instead of a “anthropomorphic non-human animal”.
Background Pony #3DF5
Eh, I don’t think that pic you linked to is a gray area. Just look at the way Spike is shaped in that picture, he has the shape of a little boy from the overall body shape to the hands and feet.  
Compare that to how he is usually portrayed in the show and you’ll notice there’s a big difference.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide