Fallout Equestria Thread (NSFW)

RogueBadnik
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

⌜Ω⌟
You know what I haven’t seen in any fic yet? At least, as a reference? A villain character that have pure full 10 in every of its SPECIAL stats, like Frank Horrigan, Ulysses, Gaius and Royes.

Yes, this may be not a good idea for a fic like FOE, because “overpowered” “Villain Sue” shit, but invincible villains can be done well if they are written right.

I wonder who will be brave to create one.
Philweasel
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

Right About Everything
You know what I haven’t seen in any fic yet? At least, as a reference? A villain character that have pure full 10 in every of its SPECIAL stats, like Frank Horrigan, Ulysses, Gaius and Royes.
Yes, this may be not a good idea for a fic like FOE, because “overpowered” “Villain Sue” shit, but invincible villains can be done well if they are written right.
I wonder who will be brave to create one.

My ‘level 31’ villian didn’t quite have ten in ever stat, but she was level 31 and abused the trait system quite horribly by taking several that were clearly never supposed to be used together. In the story itself she was pretty much invincible, and plowed through entire armies. Fluttershy’s stare worked once but she made sure to prepare for it the next time, and detonating a crystal heart expy in her face only slowed her down.

She was pretty much an exercise in grand irony, as she was a hundred and sixty something years old, and her ultimate goal since she was a young woman was to activate the gardens of Equestria and save the world. Later she moved on to taking control of the SPP and saving the world.

She failed, of course, and some talentless, naïve, vault dweller fuck ended up doing what she could not within a year of setting foot in the wasteland. This gave her somewhat of a… complex.

Part of a excercise in the idea that power and talent alone doesn’t make a hero.
RogueBadnik
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

⌜Ω⌟
@Philweasel  
By how you describe her, I wonder why or who stopped her in doing her dream.

I mean, the SSP is only protected by the Enclave and a couple of superbots if I can remember.
Philweasel

Right About Everything
@E-123  
Celestia actually. She still couldn’t get past that unbreakable shield. She even acquired access codes, but Celestia blocked her.

Her abiding issue is that she was so cynical and abrasive, she never really acquired any true allies, and her selfishness and single mindedness often inadvertently sabotaged those who did end up trusting her.
RogueBadnik
Non-Fungible Trixie -

⌜Ω⌟
@Philweasel  
Oh, so she suffered the same problem like Storm King.

“I can fulfill my dreams without any friends”

Classic.

Its funny how having friends in the world of MLP is almost obligatory.
Philweasel

Right About Everything
@E-123  
Rather tragically she did understand the need for friendship, and often tried, but her friends all tended to die on her. Normally because she both emphasised with and attracted equally damaged souls, half of who became villains. (in fact Littlepip dropped a boxcar on one of her friends)

Funnily enough Celestia ended up becoming one of her oldest and closest friends, simply for how long they knew each other. Since they could actually talk to each other (and as pointed out, were both incredibly old, incredibly damaged individuals who had both given up hope but were too stubborn/afraid to die) they actually forged quite a bond over their decades together.

Friendship is magic is one of the major themes of my fic actually. Wouldn’t be MLP without it!

Ultimately, no one is strong, skilled and badass enough to save the world. The only thing that can, is to inspire others to join you in making it better, day by day, and by inspiring heroes after you to continue that work. Quite a few characters protest that they’re just as skilled as strong as one of the original heroes, completely missing the fact that they’re terrible people with a moral core of jelly, and therefore inspire no one to anything.
Coldfire the Bat
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Artist -

Floof batto
So with the introduction to all of these species and races we’ve had since the time in which FoE was written, how would they fit into the universe or even have some effect that could have been a bit different if FoE was written much later?
RogueBadnik
Non-Fungible Trixie -

⌜Ω⌟
So with the introduction to all of these species and races we’ve had since the time in which FoE was written, how would they fit into the universe or even have some effect that could have been a bit different if FoE was written much later?

We actually had a conversation about this pages ago. I mentioned how writers would apply all the other seven seasons in a FoE story, which includes new species, places and significant changes (Discord being good, Twilicorn, etc).

FoE became popular for three things: The timing (MLP was as its peek of popularity), the poorly made restrictions of Equestria Daily and its well written Season 1 world building. That last thing it was makes FoE really unique. Kkat made a “What If” universe that was very interesting to see, and today now people now sees this fic as a “Blast of the Past”, a classic, something that it shouldn’t be changed at all, and because of this, very few people will consider applying the changes in their fics.

Leaving it as it is probably does make more sense than trying to finagle it.

One would need to totally recreate the FoE universe to fit it in modern seasons, a thing that almost nobody is asking. But I wouldn’t mind reading a fic that fits all elements of the new seasons with this sub-fandom.

I dont think it would be hard to do it, you could even just replace some elements from new ones and there would be no difference at all. Some user here (I think its called Vrre) posted a synopsis from his future fic, and nailed it really good with new features from most recent seasons.
Wiimeiser
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
@E-123  
I figure since it depends in Shining Armor not existing (His existence was created so abruptly PonyPOV did an entire arc explaining that he shouldn’t exist and only hasn’t been erased because he’s married to Cadance) that a timeline split migh be necessary. In my case, Blossomforth misses breakfast on the day of the tryouts in Hurricane Fluttershy, which somehow leads to the events of Dragon Quest not happening or happening differently as such that Twilight’s wedding invitation isn’t destroyed, thus she thinks nothing of “Deceptive Cadence” and Shiny ends up marrying Chrysalis instead. Thus, the Crystal Empire never returns (makes sense for its princess being married to be what gets it unsealed, right?) and it just so happens what’s now Sunburst’s house is where Starswirl’s unfinished spell was located. Thus, Twilight never needed to fix her friends’ cutie marks, thus she never became an alicorn. Without the CMC being taught by self-duty-bound Twilight to suck up to, the CMC would never learn of Diamond Tiara’s good side, and thus, after she loses the election, the CMC ignore her out of spite. Thus, they never get their canon cutie marks, and Apple Bloom’s passion for building isn’t replaced with a passion for dancing as a result. Subsequently, she builds Luna’s school and its faulty turrets which proceed to cause the Littlehorn Massacre. Celestia resigns in shame, Luna takes over, and whatshisname from Project Horizons uses Luna’s promotion as an excuse to fuel a war against Equestria in response to Littlehorn, by exploiting the fact that zebras have an incurable congenital phobia of the stars in the night sky (Which explains why Zecora lives in the Everfree Forest) due to the fact zebras IRL have an incurable congenital phobia of humans, which went extinct eons ago.
RogueBadnik
Non-Fungible Trixie -

⌜Ω⌟
@Wiimeiser

I usually like to replace the Littlehorn School with the now School of Friendship from the cartoon. Different creatures study there, and we already seen how very delicate is about the well-being of their student. Heck, just because some of their students went missing, each leader of each kingdom was already screaming “WAR” at each another

Imagine if the massacre happens there. Each leader would start to blame each another.
Wiimeiser
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

(Foil Hat)
@E-123  
Makes sense, I went with the idea that Twilight never became a princess

Also, in The N-Team Ƥoni Puppysmiles exists in the main N-Verse where Twilight became a princess, and she’s named after pony Puppysmiles
Coldfire the Bat
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -

Floof batto
I’m browsing the Fallout Equestria tag on here and I seem to like the environment art and posters. Sort of sets the mood of the world, depending when it takes place.
Wiimeiser

(Foil Hat)
I wonder if I should write a “Fantastic Voyage” parody set inside Littlepip, called “Big Trouble in Littlepip”…
RogueBadnik
Non-Fungible Trixie -

⌜Ω⌟
Ugh, I think the Fallout fans are kinda right, the fact that almost every writer is now using way more darker elements in their fics is now getting tiresome.

The Fallout games where unique with their unique black touch of humor that shouldnt be taken seriously, but now in every recent FoE fic everything should be taken angstly serious.
Coldfire the Bat
Artist -

Floof batto
@E-123  
I mean I would say, what can you do to make it a dash of humor without it being so… blatant? I mean putting humor for the sake of putting humor off of a checklist isn’t going to cut it obviously.

Anyways, I do have some agreement that FoE fics at least the way I’ve heard and seen, have been angstly serious without any form of humor. I mean it’s fine if you want to put in some serious stuff but… a bit of lightening up can help as long as it’s within reason for that lightening up to exist and have some relief for both the characters and the reader themselves.
RogueBadnik
Non-Fungible Trixie -

⌜Ω⌟
@E-123
I mean I would say, what can you do to make it a dash of humor without it being so… blatant? I mean putting humor for the sake of putting humor off of a checklist isn’t going to cut it obviously.

One good example done right was in the original FOE fic, with that battle with the mutant alicorn.  
All the build up with “serious-looking” villain and only to get impaled with a skull seconds later cuz it forgot how broken Telekinesis is in the FOE universe
RogueBadnik
Non-Fungible Trixie -

⌜Ω⌟
@Coldfire the Bat  
That’s the kind of humor I am talking about, but people forgets about it and prefers to insert raw brutal rape scenes, suicide problems and existencial crisis.

Also speaking of telekinesis, its surprising that I haven’t read one time where destroying the horn of a unicorn/alicon makes it unable to use it at full control permanently.

Or an enemy getting rid of one character’s Pipbuck, considering such character depends so much of that Pipbuck. Is like being new into Fallout 3 and selecting Hardcore mode, not capable of using VATS and going around with no HUD at all.
Coldfire the Bat
Artist -

Floof batto
@E-123  
I’m not too sure what aspect they wanted to take it from but then again, I suppose those kinds of scenes speak louder than some humor being tossed in.

I was always wondering how it would affect their ability to do their magic or even telekinesis.

Yeah, considering that the Pipbuck is such a crutch for the user.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide