Fallout Equestria Thread (NSFW)

AaronMk
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Sky funeral
@E-123
I read somewhere that a sapient species that doesn’t do war in the prehistoric era can only go so far. I don’t remember where, though…

If that were the case ants and several other species would have been competitors for Earth’s spot for civilization. Even chimpanzees occasionally go on the war path. But since we’re neither negotiating with the king of the ants of the Champanzee Mansa we can rule that out. But whether or not warfare is a determining factor for survival of a group is questionable at best. Having the capacity to carry out some defensive violence is a good thing, as there were tribal groups in North America who never engaged in offensive wars, but were capable defensive actors and able to engage and survive against outsiders for prolonged periods of intermittent fighting; the Ponca Tribe of South Dakota to name a case, said tribe becoming allies with settlers moving west because they knew how to fight and repel the more aggressive plains tribes.

Though on the other hand, if one considers defeat as being a loss of legacy then by this point there should be several historical legacies which couldn’t hold their own that do remain. Despite being fractious in most of their history and being conquered and occupied for thousands of years after Alexander I of Macedon, Greek still exists. When the modern Greek state was formed there was even debate over whether or not the ancient Attican Greek (the dialect of Greek belonging to Athens) should be the language spoken by modern unified Greeks or not; this motion was however defeated because no one got time for characteristics comparable to Chinese.

Like wise the Persians should have been resoundingly erased several times. But both times they were taken over by someone else they turned them Persian, the Hellenic Macedonians of Alexander the Great, the Bedouin Abbasids, the Mongols; they all became Persian. Not because they were stronger militarily or more capable of fighting so it’s not like there was any conditions placed on the occupiers that they should be Persian or else someone’s going to get their throats slit.

Arguably Nahuatl culture still exists and the Nahuatl language is still widely spoken in the Mexico City region as well as a number of other pre-Colombian languages including Mayan. The Catholic church in Mexico is also itself decidedly syncretic, incorporating Nahuatl belief into itself (Dia de las Muertos, to name the most major thing). So despite being resoundingly beaten militarily and politically, the Aztec and their former rivals still echo through history until today.

Egyptian from the Pharaoh’s time should also probably be dead but it isn’t. Coptic Egyptian is a direct descendant of old pre-Christian Egypt and still close enough to that spoken language that when hieroglyphs were and are being worked out Coptic speakers are referred to. It particularly helps the Egyptian case that they used three alphabets at the same time without regard, and at any one time it’s being used interchangeably: Hieroglyphic, demotic, and Coptic/Greek.

Military success of a group doesn’t generally effect the survival of the group is what I’m saying. Often it’s much more to do with the particular conditions said group finds them in. If that’s what you’re saying.
RogueBadnik
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

⌜Ω⌟
Okay, I had the idea to read some IDW comics if they could give me some ideas for an interesting reboot of Fallout Equestria. I am doing this just to see how FOE would be with content that goes beyond Season 1 and 2 of the show and comics, like having Twilicorn, way more creatures involved in the war (we already know that dragons are more than just big feral creatures), etc.

So I recently read issue #25 of Friends Forever, and I discovered that there is in fact an artificial alicorn spell that makes you and “artificial alicorn”, or how Twilight calls them: Pseudocorn. Its an interesting name for a mutant creature that should imitates a fully normal Alicorn, but not completely.
Wiimeiser
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
@E-123  
Would there be an alternate story to go with it? Would good crazy old “Comfy Bloom” rule the Enclave? What about the other “Big 5”? I was thinking of putting the Student 6 into Subterranean Pacifism, despite it still being the S1 version (Though that might be brought up…)
RogueBadnik
Non-Fungible Trixie -

⌜Ω⌟
@Wiimeiser  
Its more like an “What If…” AU thing, like, What if FOE still went after all the nine seasons and a plenty of material from the novels and comics.

Many things will be changed, and the war in general too. One must begin from the start if you want to explain the new things to the people.
Wiimeiser
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

(Foil Hat)
@E-123  
I still remember how I had the timeline split… How’s it gonna start, exactly? Or are you waiting for the series finale to figure that out?
RogueBadnik
Non-Fungible Trixie -

⌜Ω⌟
@Wiimeiser  
I have been think about this idea for literally the third season.

Princess Twilicorn is, in my opinion, like a “before-and-after” of the fanfic world of MLP. With the introduction of the Tree of Harmony, it was another “before-and-after” too. And with this new school setting and the movie, it could be yet another “before-and-after” stage for the fanfic community.

Yes, I have been waiting. A lot.  
I dont know whats gonna happen in S9. Maybe nothing important will happen and everyone will live happy ever after, so avoiding more heavy changes in the canon and people could calmly write fanfics.
Wiimeiser

(Foil Hat)
There was a thread in one of the FimFic groups that asked how people think the characters’ voices sound like. That gave me the idea to make a list. Here’s what I have so far:  
Littlepip- Just like how Nowacking does her  
Littlepip’s Mother- A female version of Scott Shelby’s Father  
Velvet Remedy- Has two. One is Brittany Church and the other is EileMonty. One would be her normal voice and the other her singing voice  
Steelhooves- Kinda like Darth Vader, I guess?  
Red Eye- Shadow the Hedgehog original  
Goddess- Kathleen Barr with the Darth Vader effect  
Blackjack- I think there was a PH trailer somewhere…  
Scotch Tape- Strangely enough, exactly the same as G3 Scootaloo  
Rampage- Depends on the personality  
Boing- Exactly like Lisa Simpson  
Dealer- I guess maybe the Dealer from Hand of Fate?  
Threnody- I dunno, I guess exactly like Heartshine?  
Puppysmiles- Like she is in ThePolishWarlord’s reading  
Mister Voice- Like in ThePolishWarlord’s reading  
Creepy Voice- The Dark Ranger from Warcraft III  
Nightmare Noob- Puppysmiles with the special effects from the above  
Hired Gun- Tami from Space Colony  
Serenity- For some reason I think Neptune from Hyperdimension Neptunia (English version), but with an Alabama accent  
Murky- Voiced by Jack Black?  
Glimmerlight- Kelly Sheridan’s normal speaking voice  
Sassy Lost- Lisa Simpson with an Australian accent  
Perfect Freeze- James Rolfe but slightly deeper  
Scuttlebug- A harsh Australian accent  
Trash Dove- Maurie from Ty the Tasmanian Tiger  
Fast Times- Male Sole Survivor  
Mort- Did Mort appear in any of the Discworld games? In particular, in the one that infamously had the “fuck” easter egg? If so, then that.  
Blossom- Probably somewhere between Bubbles and Buttercup  
Taint Fare- Clicks
RogueBadnik
Non-Fungible Trixie -

⌜Ω⌟
@Wiimeiser  
Wow, that is one of the most simple and plain covers I have ever seen from a book. Just a flat black color and the title in front.

Althought, it this legal? I mean, isnt the word “Fallout” copyrighted or something? I always had this questions with this kind of fan books.
AaronMk
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Sky funeral
@Wiimeiser
Wow, that is one of the most simple and plain covers I have ever seen from a book. Just a flat black color and the title in front.
Althought, it this legal? I mean, isnt the word “Fallout” copyrighted or something? I always had this questions with this kind of fan books.

No, Fallout isn’t copyrighted unless it has a number or sub-title. For a while that was the rationale the people making the FoE game were running under when they did checks in the copyright databases. Then they opted to play it safer and went with Ashes of Equestria and haven’t made progress since.
AaronMk
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Sky funeral
@AaronMk
Last I heard from Overmare was last year when their composer died IIRC… When did they last post game updates, again?

I think the last update I saw was “we’re still alive guys” or something.
RogueBadnik
Non-Fungible Trixie -

⌜Ω⌟
@AaronMk  
@Wiimeiser  
I literally forgot that a fanmade Fallout game was being made. Its been a while, but I wasnt aware about the decease of one of their members. I have seen some gameplays in pre-alpha, and while I am glad that was playable, I didnt like how the only race you could play was an unicorn, which pretty much removes many liberties if you want to creater a build, and I could image the main story was Littlepip’s.

Pretty much like a Bethesda’s Fallout.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide