Fanfic Writing General

Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
@Mr100dragon100  
I agree! Discord has a lot of potential to do good. I think one of the best things about Fluttershy is her relationship with Discord and how even though he screwed up so often Fluttershy did not give up on him. She saw his potential even when the others didn’t. I hope he learns more maturity as time goes on.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
I’m thinking of making my own retelling of the pilot of MLP.

I always felt like MLP’s pilot was fine but it could’ve better. I want to make the part where Twilight learns to make friends more emotionally involved and more complex. Twilight also will have reasons why she doesn’t want friends.

Basically the whole Twilight vs Nightmare Moon might be its own saga in my fanfic.

I will tweak the personalities a bit to my own liking.

For Twilight, she’s a lot more reserved and cold and not as friendly. She comes off as kind of as a bit condescending to her peers. So over time she has to learn to open up to others and to rely on others. But she has understandable reasons why she’s like this and her friends need to realize they need to be more sensitive to her emotional awkwardness to others.

But Rarity is probably the one I’m most interested in. I want to make her a little less uptight and focus more on her artistic side and her humanitarian side. In this one Rarity is still a bit snobbish but she’s also open minded and individualistic, more than the rest of the Mane Six. Rarity I want to make into a very complex character.

(I’ll be more specific later this is just me trying put my raw thoughts into writing. I’ll have to clarify and expand upon my thoughts later. But I couldn’t just leave these thoughts in my head forever.)
Mr100dragon100
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

reformation is the best
@Cosmas-the-Explorer  
Ya, I wish they would show more in the program, he can learn, he has good intentions, and he truly does want to help teach twilight and help too. Is just his nature is to be chaotic, he IS reformed and a good guy he just shows it in a different way.
DoctorWTF
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Mr100dragon100
I agree! Discord has a lot of potential to do good. I think one of the best things about Fluttershy is her relationship with Discord and how even though he screwed up so often Fluttershy did not give up on him. She saw his potential even when the others didn’t. I hope he learns more maturity as time goes on.

And some of his screwups can arguably be traced back to none of the other ponies treating him as a friend. Otherwise, be might not have felt the need to play sick to get attention. Or maybe he wouldn’t have caved to Tirek’s temptation.

I’m thinking of making my own retelling of the pilot of MLP.
I always felt like MLP’s pilot was fine but it could’ve better. I want to make the part where Twilight learns to make friends more emotionally involved and more complex. Twilight also will have reasons why she doesn’t want friends.

Twilight didn’t want friends because she was laser-focused on her studies to the point where she didn’t give a damn about socializing (not unheard of in real life). How is that not good enough?

Though I can think of one little change that would vastly improve Celestia’s character: When Twilight expresses her concerns over Nightmare Moon, have Celestia reassure her that she’ll properly deal with the matter (which she technically would be by sending Twilight to make friends who’d bear the Elements of Harmony) instead of casually dismissing the whole thing. Twilight would be free to enjoy herself and socialize naturally, and Celestia wouldn’t look like an irresponsible jerkwad.
Mr100dragon100
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

reformation is the best
@DoctorWTF  
ikr he is like a child (not a bad way) who needs attention and friends who trust him, not constantly be seen as up to no good when he’s done nothing wrong I wish there was an episode teaching the ponies not to treat discord this way or him learning to mature or both.
Mr100dragon100
Artist -

reformation is the best
In my AU I want to make a town but it has another dimension Similar to the breezes in that one episode or if you know the movie called Halloween town how should I go about it

Should I

Do a portal?

A magical cave?

An invisible barrier from crystals that is like a portal

And should I make this dimension

A whole new world?

Or

A world with everything, but has a limit. if you get far enough and if you go past it, you would be sent back to normal equestria?

What do you think is best because I want to do this for the town’s population in this AU
DoctorWTF
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Again, none of those are inherently better than the others - it’s all about which one would best support the specific story you want to tell.

And another idea: The end of “Power Ponies” basically established that there is at least one comic shop in Canterlot which specializes in selling comic books enchanted to suck the reader into the comic universe. Considering that Spike bought one thinking it was just a normal comic, they probably don’t even cost much more than normal comics. The idea here being to have Spike go back there, buy their comics on purpose, and invite his friends for a night of superhero fun. A skilled writer could have tons of fun with that, delving into what other superheroes Equestria’s comic artists might have come up with (optionally, poking fun at existing superheroes and/or overused superhero tropes). You could even get into NSFW territory with the Equestrian equivalent of dirty manga.
DoctorWTF
Non-Fungible Trixie -

What if Rarity were the Element of Beauty instead?

The Elements of Harmony are all related to qualities that facilitate healthy friendships. Beauty is of no real importance in that department (Rarity actually starred in an episode with pretty much that as the moral).
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Explorer in Training
@DoctorWTF  
I just watched that episode, and wow it’s pretty cool!

That being said one could say this episode was about how to express beauty. How Rarity could still be beautiful if you’re willing to open up your mind for new possibilities like with that punk outfit.

I was thinking of beauty and generosity (or more broadly humanitarianism) in a societal sense. Like beauty would mean like instead of their being factory workers mass producing cheap vases in terrible working conditions, that they could work on a few vases with passion and care and without being burdened by overwork.

It could be like a utopian idea of beauty where Rarity could unlock the secrets of the Beauty of Equestria itself. Also Rarity would see herself as someone who could change society into a better place aka a land of beauty.
Background Pony #DEA3
looing for an old fic or two.

in the first half? Rarity learns she’s pregnant- and Spike is the father.  
she gets the idea for a clothing line of ‘formal wear for the expectant mare’

in the second, Spike; in the dragon lands, learns by letter he’s going to be dad, and is a bit freaked out.  
he has.. dragon stir fry? (gems cooked in a wok) and chats up the chef who reveals hos Dracony daughter.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Explorer in Training
Fanfiction prompt:

Rainbow is going to be a mom! But she doesn’t know how to become a family mare. Applejack will have to teach Rainbow Dash her most dreaded and terrifying nightmare: home economics.

Applejack: “Are ya tough enough to cook, the laundry, and to take care younglings, sugarcube?”

or

Applejack: “Welcome to the true mare’s world, Dash.”
Khaki_Cap
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Artist -

Jean Thicc
I’m having an idea that I’m currently writing.  
And it might be kinda dumb or already taken/written.

It’s set in alternative universe/timeline, at unknown time, a war began among Equestria.  
Princess went missing and thrones were overtaken by the most loyal leaders and rouge militias. In last effort, before the military was overthrown at capital/Canterlot, cities and villages are creating their own nations with few on agreement to unify and save the princess. They build up military from the remains of the former army all over Equestria, manufacture planes, cars etc.  
It is the story about a bomber crew from one random Equestrian airdrome.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Explorer in Training
I wrote this art idea before:  
Season 1 episode 1 Twilight in Shrek’s position and with his lines in this scene of the Fairy Tale creatures getting into Shrek’s property. (minus the “broad” comment and less crude overall)
“I live in a tree, I put up signs, I’m a boring know-it-all egghead! What do I need to do to get a little privacy in this hick village!?”
“What are you doing in my treehouse?!”
Honestly I would like to see an alternate version of the pilot with Twilight sort of like Shrek albeit more polite and less gross.

I would like to see a fanfiction with a grumpier more cynical Twilight who is like Shrek or Squidward. She’s still idolizes Celestia to an unhealthy extent. And making friends would be done over the equivalent of a whole season not just two episodes.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide