Fanfic Writing General

Background Pony #E2FD
Thinking about writing a fic where Ambassador Spike is terrified of accidentally hurting somepony because he’s so big and strong.
Kind of like Superman.
Silent_Witness
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Chippin’ In
Once again, there’s an element in the story that I’m working on that I would like to get some outside input on.
One of the characters in my current story, named Edelweiss, is a Homunculus- at a point in the past, she transferred her soul into an artificial body and has been alive for several hundred years. This is pretty much set in stone, as one of the story’s arcs involves Edelweiss and the rest of the cast coming into conflict with an alchemist that she knew while she was still human, who managed to find a way to artificially extend his own life as well. What I’m trying to decide is if Edelweiss should be in the same artificial body for the whole time, or if she’s been through multiple bodies. Because depending on what option I choose, this changes elements of her backstory.
If Edelweiss has had multiple bodies, then she will have spent the last few centuries masquerading as her own descendants. This route would open its own decision: whether Edelweiss lived alone the whole time, or with a servant who’s also a Homunculus, but a very early prototype that’s basically non-sentient (though the servant would become increasingly sapient as it interacts with the rest of the cast).
If Edelweiss has had just one body, she’ll have spent the centuries disguised as a servant to her “descendants,” who are also homunculi she created, though ones that have become increasingly sophisticated with time, to the point of her newest model being effectively indistinguishable from an actual human.
Mr100dragon100
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

reformation is the best
you know since i’m planning for my characters to live on a land that is not a part of Equestria, i want there to be regular animals but also some unique animals like hydras and jackalopes for example
but i want to use creatures that are not used in mlp gen 4 so it can be still unique while probably still having creatures from equestria but only things like jackalopes
what creatures should i add (here are some environments i would add to the land)
environments:
swamp land
desert
grassland
forest
snowy mountains
towns
beaches
what friendly creatures should i add and what not so friendly creatures should i add that are from mythology
hint (it can be any creature that is not just from greek mythology but something that would of naturally inhabited those environments and would have somehow lived in the land for many years since this land is an island continent
also just for fun, i added at least 3 so far
2 mysterious creatures not from the world where Equestria is (to add a bit of mystery) and one rare creature that can fly over to the land which is the bugbear
Mr100dragon100
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

reformation is the best
the thing is that idk what animals to put in besides regular animals i like to use ones that were not used in the show like not cryptids but like actual mystical animals either from the sea or on land to make the land unique and interesting but still have some animals from equestria
Mr100dragon100
Artist -

reformation is the best
since i’m thinking of making a land for my AU idk if i should add a train or have the characters use cars for certain things
here is my idea
if i use a train:
it would be crystal powered (like some other tech) and it goes all over the land but my problem is that it would take a long time and i don’t want to add the idea of hard labour especially since the land is an independent continent separate from Equestria (and an island one in fact)
but it would fit more with equestria so idk
if i use cars: they will also be crystal powered but here is a twist, they are not used as often as pony drawn carriages but that is only when it comes to travelling to a nearby place yet when it comes to going to another town or just somewhere far away they have to use them it especially helps with wether and maybe they use magic in the future to make them hover above ground (but only in winter)
the only thing is that i don’t want it to look dumb so i would make them look retro-futuristic (maybe almost like a ford model t but the cars are wooden and mot metal)
but they work like a regular car and could hover for winter to avoid accidents
i would rather use this due to it being more unique and i like the land to be like gen 4 but with the nice and simple elements of gen 1 and the slice of life feel when it comes to town life like my little Tales
i still don’t know what sorts of mythical creatures i should put in if i even need too but again idk
Mr100dragon100
Artist -

reformation is the best
if any of you know about crocodilians or prehistoric crocodilians here is something about my characters who are based on alligators
i invitation them to be cold-blooded but active though i heard that ancient crocodilians (or a creature who are similar to them but not quite crocodilians yet) were warm-blooded
should these creatures be warm-blooded or can they still be cold-blooded but active because i like the idea of them having to go on to migrate to warmer areas for winter but idk what to do, can you help?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide