Fanfic Writing General

Mr100dragon100
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

reformation is the best
@Wiimeiser
i hear that ancient cradilamorphs or idk were warm blooded here is a link
so since the swamp ponies are crocodilians (but are more like alligators) they are the only one’s left that is warm-blooded, they can survive the cold but prefer warm places to live, they lay eggs (up to 3) and they can use tools, talk, think like a mammal due to them caring for their young and others if need be and even become friends with others of their kind and other species, they are still though and can get territorial when it comes to their houses and males can get defensive when it comes to mating season, also they hunt alone most of the time but would share food with their mats and children and to unrelated individuals if the game is too big for one to handle
but i wonder since alligators eggs can hatch to either males or females depending on temperature since swamp ponies are warm-blooded should it still be like this or can the gender of the hatchling should be like how birds and mammals are (as in not dependent on temperature)
Winter-Moon
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

The Lost Sisters
@Background Pony #D3AD
When Twilight and her friends head to Canterlot for the Summer Sun Celebration, a villain named Time Wizard ruins the party and sends all of the creatures including the rulers, and many different buildings in Equestrian lands, throughout different points in time.
Now it’s up to Spike to find his friends, travel throughout time, and defeat the Time Wizard
Mr100dragon100
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

reformation is the best
i have creatures that eat meat
wolf ponies (werewolf-like creatures)
swamp ponies (warm-blooded alligator-like creatures)
i need advice for vampires though
https://strawpoll.com/h8q9es8fj/r
since they eat meat (but they are omnivorous or herbivorous in pony form) what animals should they have that does not talk
i got is
deer or any deer type creature (popular option). (not reindeer for reasons)
pronghorn
rabbits (because is implied that wolves do eat rabbits in Equestria)
pigs
seafood
chicken
wild foul
controversial/ would NEVER eat
they do not eat bison or yak for obvious reasons
mice
wild boar
racoons
goats
cow/bull
so what should i do is this ok enough or what other ideas do you have
Mr100dragon100
Artist -

reformation is the best
ok, i’m writing a fight scene how should it start?
should a thug character just jump out?
should a thug character use a smoke bomb?
should a thug character just attack a character while the other attacks the thug?
should a thug character just try to talk and look threatening?
or do you have a better idea so the fight scene does not come out of anywhere?
Mr100dragon100
Artist -

reformation is the best
i want to make a land that’s an island continent but i want it to be like it’s apart of the MLP FIM show ao i want to add mystical creatures in it too but i don’t want to feel like I’m pushing it, like it would be neat if i add flutter ponies from gen 1 just like the show put breezies because i would not mind adding things from European culture since most of the creatures of the night are European (the others are Egyptian) maybe something like fairies it a faun type creature would be cool idk what do you think?
Background Pony #DEA3
had to rework an idea (and charater) for a big (non-pony) Fic but hit a major wall or two.
the fic is…
Not nice and so far all the regualr sites I use have rules, regulations such that one way or another would consider it blocked to banned material due to its Politics.
so looking for a site where I wont get banned or lynched for having a fic where certain groups are the bad guys
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
I would like an alternate AU where Fluttershy was a superhero. Not just a superhero but like a cross between Captain America and Superman.
She starts out as shy and afraid, but she becomes a hero and a leader.
And as a new hero she declares war on a dying and selfish world of poverty and apathy.
The more I watch her, the more I feel like she is the hero the world needs.
Of course she would be joined by other heroes like the more by-the-book orthodox Twilight, the somewhat mad genius ex villian Starlight Glimmer and others.
Mr100dragon100
Artist -

reformation is the best
hello, since i plan to make a world (or island content) with classic spooky creatures i have a problem
i read the phrase everycreature is cringy or offensive but it seemed to be used fine in the show. but when naysay call the leaders of the dragon, changeling etc. creatures ember got upset (i think) i was thinking that the creatures in my AU call themselves creatures of the night due to sounding better than calling themselves monsters like how media such as monster high or gravedale high (if you know that show) does but now to think about it, it might seem a bit weird so idk what they should call themselves i know they can call themselves something that is based on the land that they live in like how Americans call them selfs…Americans,
but what about what they call each other i know they can use evreypony but even though they are ponies in shape and or origin they are still different races heck even one is a different species altogether (like mummies, wolfponies, swamp ponies etc.) and i don’t want them to think saying every creature is offensive when it does make sense due to certain things so idk what to do
should they still say evreypony because most are still technically ponies no matter what (the swamp ponies are alligators but convergently evolved to look like ponies) or should they say every creature?
and if ponies say every creature why did ember get offended was it just the usage of the word that naysay used that made her upset?
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
should they still say evreypony because most are still technically ponies no matter what (the swamp ponies are alligators but convergently evolved to look like ponies) or should they say every creature?
Probably “Everypony” would be the correct term since they’re still ponies.
and if ponies say every creature why did ember get offended was it just the usage of the word that naysay used that made her upset?
Probably just the way they said it. The term “Creature” seems to be non derisive and neutral. Ponies are probably also considered creatures amongst themselves.
And like you said “Monsters” is probably considered to be offensive and derisive.
Mr100dragon100
Artist -

reformation is the best
@Cosmas-the-Explorer
ya because idk what ponies would call the creatures if they knew about them or think that they call themselves creatures of the night as a whole but maybe they call themselves in the same way as how Americans call themselves
(i got to do a poll one day once i get to the founding of the land but that is in the future)
and in a way yes they are all ponies but one is more related to alligators them ponies but still have a pony body plan so i say they are still ponies anyways so maybe they won’t be offended and would not mind the term creature since that is what you would call a group with many different races (yes they are ponies (or just by body plan) as a whole but separately they are different races like normal (immortal, not immortal or witch) vampire, wolfpony, swamp pony, mummy and ghosts.
so maybe they would know that ponies would say “what a cool creature” or they know by common sense that groups of different species would be called creatures and/or is just the general term to refer to a living thing that either they don’t know or well what i been saying before
but ya they would be upset to be called monsters
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Explorer in Training
What if Fluttershy joined S5 Starlight because Fluttershy wanted to change the world to be a better place?
And even after they reformed Fluttershy and Statlight have a special bond. And they both want to use their talents to make Equestria and beyond Equestria a better place.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide