Fanfic Writing General

Random-Rambling
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

tinyurl.com/dymbb3a
Ever since the release of the demo of Starswirl Academy, I’ve been thinking back to the only other Visual Novel I’ve played, Katawa Shoujo. This, naturally, led me to think about crossing FiM over with KS, but then several other questions struck me:

Ponies have such huge eyes in relation to the rest of their bodies, how would a blind pony function?

How would a deaf/mute pony communicate with no hands (or other appendages other than their legs)

If a pony is missing 2 or more limbs, they are effectively unable to move….
AaronMk
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Sky funeral
@YetAnotherBrony

Whenever I had to figure out what a blind pone would at least look like (all of once) I always sort of imagined bandages. Provided it isn’t Snowdrop-tier natural born blindness. Otherwise, if it’s damage to the eye like getting them cut, stabbed, or punctured then the details of the damage would be as dramatic as their size no doubt.

Hence bandaging.

Per deaf/mute ponies, they could always write on paper or a chalkboard.
Random-Rambling
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

tinyurl.com/dymbb3a
Whenever I had to figure out what a blind pone would at least look like (all of once) I always sort of imagined bandages. Provided it isn’t Snowdrop-tier natural born blindness. Otherwise, if it’s damage to the eye like getting them cut, stabbed, or punctured then the details of the damage would be as dramatic as their size no doubt.
Hence bandaging.
Per deaf/mute ponies, they could always write on paper or a chalkboard.

@PonyPon  
@AaronMk
Or maybe do some kind of hoof-based morse code.

I wondered about whether pegasi could use their wings as a substitute for hands, as seen here >>43527
Lord WyrmSpawN
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Lingering Wyvern
So, I’m formulating ideas for that LunaBlue surprise incest story, and I need something for the ending, when Luna is basking in the afterglow after she takes advantage of a drunk Blueblood in a Pony Dracula Costume, having returned to Canterlot from her first Nightmare Night, and I need some kind of punchline to end the story with.
Random-Rambling
Non-Fungible Trixie -

tinyurl.com/dymbb3a
So, I’m formulating ideas for that LunaBlue surprise incest story, and I need something for the ending, when Luna is basking in the afterglow after she takes advantage of a drunk Blueblood in a Pony Dracula Costume, having returned to Canterlot from her first Nightmare Night, and I need some kind of punchline to end the story with.

Erm, maybe something where Blueblood screams “Uncle! Uncle!” and Luna whispers “No, I’m your aunt.”
And Brother I Hurt People
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
The 1% - Uploaded 1% or more of the site's images
Squirrel - "Is there a badge for being an oblivious fuck?"
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Thread Starter - /dis/the-cringe-thread
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

@WolfmotherFan

Try writing random crap on a age until something clicks.

Read an actual book; a writer should read and write once a day daily.

Listen to music and try to write.

Or stop trying so hard to come up with an idea; that’s how many writers confuse themselves.

Though the last point might not help you; I’ve found that “inspiration” cannot be relied on, so you just have to keep working without it until its sorry ass pops up.
Random-Rambling
Non-Fungible Trixie -

tinyurl.com/dymbb3a
I can’t get myself to write a damn fanfic…

Mahatma Gandhi once said “You must be the change you wish to see in the world.”

Follow his advice and write the story you want to read! I’m sure you won’t be the only one who wants to read it.
Lord WyrmSpawN
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Lingering Wyvern
@YetAnotherBrony  
This.

And I thought of something. Screwball, in humanland, can’t do her chaotic magic at first, but finds she can once Sunset starts warming up to her as a friend. Plausible, or non-sensical?

and how do you guys feel about interconnectivity between stories?
Lord WyrmSpawN
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Lingering Wyvern
@And Brother I Hurt People  
In order, your different stories all having some kind of canon shared between them all.

And her ability to float, switch objects with different materials, and utilize the hammerspace in her hat. Her ability to defy the rules of reality, basically. I’m trying to imply that she gets to use them again through the power of friendship.
And Brother I Hurt People
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
The 1% - Uploaded 1% or more of the site's images
Squirrel - "Is there a badge for being an oblivious fuck?"
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Thread Starter - /dis/the-cringe-thread
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

Alrighty, I’m setting up the plotline for my Slave Zecora fic. Tell me if you see any holes, if anything isn’t going to work, the like. By the way, this is barely even half the story I’m preparing here; it’s pretty long.

1. The story begins with the end of the story; Fancy Pants stands in the room that was once his mother’s and stares at a box on his bed. It won’t be revealed what the box has until the actual end of the story. We then flash back to the past where Fancy is just a filly.

2. Fancy and his mum - I still need to figure out who she is; the MLP Wiki is being an ass and won’t load so I can’t look at obscure background ponies, though it’ll probably end up being Royal Ribbon - are sitting in a carriage on the way to an unnamed country. All we know is that land is selling “for cheap” there, and apparently, according to the sellers, it comes with workers.

3. Cart is stuck in patch of mud; it’s a short scene but it’ll be the first time Fancy sees zebras in his life; they’re watching from the distance, and his mother insists that they don’t make eye contact. He’s confused, being a kid and all. It’s freed by the chauffeurs, they go on their merry way to the house his mom commissioned for their arrival.

4. They arrive at the house, and find these so-called workers under the control of Lyrica Lilac (I’m sticking to the idea that mares are the predominate gender in Equestria; colts actually have little say in affairs, which’ll be more important when Fancy’s an adult). She apologizes for their incompetency, though they haven’t actually done anything yet. Fancy makes his way to his room, and catches a glimpse of a tiny mare in an apron - young Zecora.

Meanwhile, we learn that Fancy’s mother wants her young son to “grow up” so he’ll be prepared for a married life hen he comes of age, even though that day is far from fruition. He’s been holding onto a plush rabbit for some time, which will act as a symbol of his youth, and the mum wants to get rid of it, perhaps mentioning some sort of trade off for its desertion.

5. We’ll speed through the month they stay there, as it isn’t very important. it will be mentioned that the zebras aren’t allowed to interact with the unicorns without being spoken to first, and perhaps how they’re treated. The last day at the house arrives, and Fancy is about to leave, rabbit in hoof, when his mother suddenly grabs it from him. He’s about to argue the gesture when the figure of a young zebra comes into his view, its tail being pulled by the mouth of a guard working at the house. He is introduced to Zecora, whose actually name is…well, I actually haven’t decided yet, but it’ll probably be Adaeze - something hard to pronounce, giving the unicorns a reason to “ponify” her name. She will now be Fancy’s personal servant - think of it almost as like doubling as a lady-in-waiting and slave.

Any suggestions for what happens after?
Lord WyrmSpawN
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Lingering Wyvern
I’d say you have a pretty solid start there, and I suppose what follows could be Fancy prying a bit to get more information on the alien creature that’s expected to wait on him, as long as his mother isn’t around.

And I’m on chap 2 of LunaBlue, and do you think it would be mishandling of me to have her act like the Fluttershy-like and scared characterization we first made for her in the fandom. It takes place the very day after she’s been cleansed.
gasmaskangel
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Artist -
Since the Beginning  -

@WolfmotherFan  
Don’t be afraid to write crap, you can always go back and change it later.

Something I find helpful sometimes is to envision the scene you really, really want to write, and start work on it. Once you’ve got that down, work backwards towards the beginning.

If you’re stuck, try completely shifting gears for a moment. Writing something serious? Get just insanely silly for a paragraph or two. Something silly? Reality ensues in the most depressing way you can think of and so on. Even if you’re just going to go back and excise the diversion its a good way to get the creative juices flowing.

Do you have any idea of what exactly you want to write?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide