Fanfic Writing General

And Brother I Hurt People
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
The 1% - Uploaded 1% or more of the site's images
Squirrel - "Is there a badge for being an oblivious fuck?"
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Thread Starter - /dis/the-cringe-thread
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

@PonyPon

I was rolling it around in my head; maybe when Apple Bloom gets onto the train and asks the conductor for Flim and Flam he looks at her with some disgust and points to her the far end of the train where the ponies who can barely afford tickets stay. And from there, hijinks ensue in which the brothers try to convince Apple Bloom that they’re actually rich.
AaronMk
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Sky funeral
So, inspired by comments from Crystal1986 pictures, I think I had in my mind a concept I aim to make comedic. The idea stems from a small discussion about there needing to be a story about murders being perpetuated somewhere and investigators end up delving into the Bronydom to figure it out.

In any case, I was thinking of taking this and spinning it into a crossover with Criminal Minds to satirize the day-time TV crime-drama. Pretty much, the FBI’s Behavioral Analysis Unit would be called to the scene of a series of murders to investigate and determine the unsubs motives and psychology. Each crime-scene would be connected via a series of Lovecraftian and MLP symbols.

Delving into the meaning of the symbols the group’s leading tech geek will create a GUI interface using visual basic to Google this shit via reverse-image search and ultimately discover a group of cultic bronies looking to summon the “Equis Mageía Rex” to purge the world of the unclean and to bring about an age of “burning love and tolerance” and “The Herd”.

Seeking more meaning they investigate the cult on their own grounds, inadvertently bringing them to the attention of the group who make contact with them in their demonic garb.

Ultimately the team gets teleported to Equestria where they end up confronting Princess Celestia as their pony selves and they manage to find and defeat this one-shot villain and get sent back to Earth where they then suffer convenient plot amnesia in Vegas and end up concluding that it all could have been a night of roofies and bad drinks before returning to work.

Crystals may or may not be involved.  
And Agent Hotchner’s eyes may or may not be described as the culmination of all of American hate and villainy trapped into deep, dark, deadlights. Kept shut behind his drill-sergeant emotionless demeanor.

All in all I’ll try to find out how to make fun of as many things as possible and seeing if the concept can’t be made fun of in-meta.
Lord WyrmSpawN
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Lingering Wyvern
I’ve received the first bit of criticism about one of my stories(this one, in case no one has read it yet) and I’m wondering what I should do. I could change up the story a bit, but I’m not so comfortable with how the story would progress.

Any assistance, ladies and gents?
And Brother I Hurt People
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
The 1% - Uploaded 1% or more of the site's images
Squirrel - "Is there a badge for being an oblivious fuck?"
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Thread Starter - /dis/the-cringe-thread
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

@PonyPon

It’s not really my type of thing, so I can’t help you. Sorry.

Just know this: while it’s true that you should listen to criticism, it doesn’t automatically mean the person behind it is “correct”. Admitting this to yourself drags you into a dangerous area, because if you take this idea too far, you’ll end up ignoring all criticism. If you ignore this fact, you might take the criticism so seriously you won’t want to post your work. Of course, both are extremes, but all in all, I guess what I’m trying to say is be open to criticism but don’t let it change your outlook toward your own work.
boz
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - The evil council continuation

@PonyPon  
I didn’t read it but I know something, when you have a story plan from the beginning to the end, don’t change part of the main action. You can act about the style criticisms, that just make a story more enjoyable without modifying it, but keep the pertinent story’s criticisms for your next one.
Random-Rambling
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

tinyurl.com/dymbb3a
“@PonyPon”[/bq]

I’m sorry if this is off-topic, but I can’t stop staring at your Homestuck(?) gif avatar. It’s hilarious!
gasmaskangel
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Artist -
Since the Beginning  -

So I’m starting a story now called Applejack the Galactic Hero. It starts with Applejack getting abducted by aliens, getting a human side kick (possibly someone totally inappropriate from history like Teddy Roosevelt or Caligula) and then getting involved in the most bizarre scifi adventures I can come up with while trying to get home.

Any ideas of where to take this would be greatly appreciated, I’m basically going to try to make this as insane and stupid as I can while still having it be funny.
boz
Thread Starter - The evil council continuation

@gasmaskangel  
Something like the hitchhiker guide with Applejack having constantly a friendly alien with a ship who promise to bring her back home but who always have a little stop to do on the road and it always goes wrong making Applejack stuck on another planet each time.
Random-Rambling
Non-Fungible Trixie -

tinyurl.com/dymbb3a
So I’m starting a story now called Applejack the Galactic Hero. It starts with Applejack getting abducted by aliens, getting a human side kick (possibly someone totally inappropriate from history like Teddy Roosevelt or Caligula) and then getting involved in the most bizarre scifi adventures I can come up with while trying to get home.
Any ideas of where to take this would be greatly appreciated, I’m basically going to try to make this as insane and stupid as I can while still having it be funny.

“So stupid it’s funny” is a very fine line to walk. More than one Pinkie Pie/Deadpool crossover has been cancelled or abandoned because it got too stupid with not enough funny.
Random-Rambling
Non-Fungible Trixie -

tinyurl.com/dymbb3a
Okay, crazy fanfic time.

The Mane 6 are having a picnic near Discord’s statue (this is pre-reformation). A rumble from a far-off Ursa Major causes a tremor that knocks over the statue, breaking it into pieces. This frees Discord, but once he finds out he’s now in pieces, he decides to subject the Mane 6 to the same fate, the difference being that Discord can easily reassemble himself at will.

So now their legs, torsos, horns and wings are scattered all over Ponyville, and the heads of the Mane 6 must roll (or something) all over town and rebuild themselves. Things get awkward when they find out that, even when/if they do manage to put themselves back together, they can be taken right off again, even things that didn’t come off the first time, like eyes and ears.
Lord WyrmSpawN
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Lingering Wyvern
@YetAnotherBrony  
I’m immediately reminded of the antics of the you-doo dolls in that Fairly Oddparents episode.

“Pinkie, will you please, be, quiet! You’re yakking right next to my severed ear!”

Yeah, I can see that being a worthwhile fic.
Random-Rambling
Non-Fungible Trixie -

tinyurl.com/dymbb3a
@YetAnotherBrony
I’m immediately reminded of the antics of the you-doo dolls in that Fairly Oddparents episode.
“Pinkie, will you please, be, quiet! You’re yakking right next to my severed ear!”
Yeah, I can see that being a worthwhile fic.

“Twi, have you seen mah leg? You know, Bucky McGillicuddy? I can’t applebuck with only one leg!”

“No, I can’t say that I have seen it…do you need help looking?”

“Nah, I’ll find it.”

later

“I found it! Propping up a table in Sugarcube Corner.”
Ore-O

Squidamouche
Here’s another one.

Twilight Sparkle stumbled into a secret section of the library in Canterlot. There, she found an ancient spell that once created spontaneous orgies to any adult living creature. The spell is very volatile and spreads very far. Naturally, it’s written in a code that Twilight doesn’t know, so she tries to decipher it. Then, Celestia took notice and orders the guards to stop her before Equestria goes out with a bang.
Random-Rambling
Non-Fungible Trixie -

tinyurl.com/dymbb3a
Here’s another one.
Twilight Sparkle stumbled into a secret section of the library in Canterlot. There, she found an ancient spell that once created spontaneous orgies to any adult living creature. The spell is very volatile and spreads very far. Naturally, it’s written in a code that Twilight doesn’t know, so she tries to decipher it. Then, Celestia took notice and orders the guards to stop her before Equestria goes out with a bang.

@Ore-O  
goes out with a bang.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide