Fanfic Writing General

♥♥Princess♥♥Celestia♥♥
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes
Artist -

The Bestia
Being on an alien binge at the minute, I’ve thought about doing a Mars Attacks MLP crossover. It would pretty much just be the martians being jerks to the ponies. Sweetie Belle eventually becoming the weapon against them. More comedic than serious.

And yes, I am totally aware of how stupid that is.
Lord WyrmSpawN
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Lingering Wyvern
I’ve been thinking two things:  
  1. Twilight needs to do something in that romantic comedy I’m writing. Maybe she calls a press conference to officially deny her being in a relationship with B and gets attacked by his craziest fan?

2. I want to make one of two stories about Sombra turning ponies into sheep.  
    i-He captures a resistance leader and turns him, and the fic deals with his declining will to fight.  
    ii-Twilight and company beat Sombra (and the fic starts out exactly like that) and they have to convince him to tell him where the dissapeared Luna is, even though he asserts he killed her. No points for guessing what he’s really done. Caution!: this one is heavy on the Lumbra.
And Brother I Hurt People
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
The 1% - Uploaded 1% or more of the site's images
Squirrel - "Is there a badge for being an oblivious fuck?"
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Thread Starter - /dis/the-cringe-thread
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

I have this really faint idea about how, depending on their sexuality, ponies can get different powers. It sounds stupid when I say it, but something about it makes me want to flesh it out…

@PonyPon

I enjoy the first idea.

As for 2, I enjoy ii.
Random-Rambling
Non-Fungible Trixie -

tinyurl.com/dymbb3a
I have this really faint idea about how, depending on their sexuality, ponies can get different powers. It sounds stupid when I say it, but something about it makes me want to flesh it out…

I had a similar idea where if two ponies are truly in love, they can “combine” their powers.
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

Here’s an idea I started to roll around in my head but ultimately abandoned, a story that’s AU up the ass.

Fancy Pants hails from a family of elites in a British-esque setting. It is a time where unicorns seek the expansion of their land, a time where the three races do not mingle (remember that in this AU, Hearth’s Warming Eve technically never happened). Though raised to be the perfect gentleman from birth, he is at his core only a filly, and tend to question his family’s outlook a bit more than his mother, Fleur de Lis, would like him to. On a trip to the Equestrian version of Africa, in which he and his mother will visit the plot of land the family has recently taken into possession, they discover that a tribe of zebras lives on their land, and in the buying of the land, they have also bought the zebras themselves. Ever since the arrival of the unicorns, the zebras have lost much of their food supply, which has been farmed by the unicorn’s slaves and traded for profit, so the zebras themselves are quite weak. Fleur is disgusted, and takes the only healthy looking zebra in as a slave, one around the same age as Fancy himself - Zecora.

The fic will follow Fancy and Zecora from their childhood to their old age. I need to flesh out what happens in-between: I have an idea where Zecora and Big Macintosh fall in love, ultimately resulting in an illegitimate child between the two and the lynching of Macintosh. Another involves the last days of Fancy’s mother, in which Zecora willingly tends to her every need while the mother calls her racist slurs and never once thanks her, even in the moment of her death.

The only major idea I think I’ll change is Fancy’s mother; I much more fancy (tee hee) Fleur being his arranged wife and going from there. Any ideas on who is mom would be, then? She’d have to be a unicorn.

@AaronMk

I was hoping to send some sort of underlying message with the last bit in the fic. :P

@PonyPon

Twinkleshine could work, but the name is so…well, let’s just say that while I doubt there are any menacing sounding names for BPs, Twinkleshine is just…
Lord WyrmSpawN
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Lingering Wyvern
Pretty soon, I’m going to finish up my Pinkie-Fluttershy centric story and I’m going to start on my Sunset-Screwball centric one. I may even submit it to EQD. But before I do, I want to know if the summary I have written up is too dramatic:

The girl known as Sunset Shimmer is dying.

She lives, she talks, and she greets the day and the people it brings to her with a sweet smile. But the crimes that earned her this new life will not be forgotten so easily. Not long after the Fall Formal, this former pony struggles to live in a world that would rather see her dead than redeemed.

She must return. Not only home, but to herself. And only one little chaotic pony can show her the way.

Here’s a shipfic I’ll probably never write but want to put down the idea for anyway: it would use RainbowSentry.

Hear me out. After the entire mirror incident, Twilight and friends have agreed to extent their stay in the Crystal Empire to see the mirror out into hiding, their elements at the ready. Meanwhile, Rainbow Dash, ever a good friend, wants to make sure that this Flash Sentry guy that Twilight’s been ogling is actually fit for the new Princess. She gets to know him, and learn he’s nothing like Twilight. In fact, he’s quite like Rainbow Dash: a Wonderbolts enthusiast (they remember the dates of the most glorious and tragic Wonderbolt track meets alike, both are into racing, both are very athletic, and it turns out that “egghead” is one of Sentry’s favorite insults as well). Rainbow finds herself falling in love, slowly.

Meanwhile, Sentry has little idea who Twilight even is. She hasn’t spoken a word to him since she bumped into that one time, and she’ll start to fight her jealousy as Rainbow and Flash start hanging out more and more. This will start a conflict as to how the Equestria Girls are much different from their pony counterparts personality-wise.

I just have the basic outline and a few ideas for it - the two go to a Wonderbolts show on Flash’s day off, and this is the day Twilight finally mustered the courage to talk to Flash, a few “girl” scenes between Rainbow and Twi in which Twilight squeals a la ten year old about Brad, the like.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide