Fanfic Writing General

Background Pony #DEA3
Fic idea: Gallus gets stuck on a destered islad with Silverstream, Smolder and Ocellus.
harem ensues.
Silent_Witness
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Chippin’ In
As embarrassing as this is going to sound, I’ve been using one of those websites where you can input text and it tries to continue it for help with some of my writing.
Mr100dragon100
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

reformation is the best
i’m a little worried about something
i have an OC whose backstory starts ok but then bad stuff happens in her life that made her take an occupation she is not happy about (she still made some friends though) but soon finds a boyfriend, there have been a few opticals but they both end up living happily ever after together
i worry because i read that is not good to make an OC with a sad backstory because we don’t want a “woe is me” character but what about if a sad backstory IS part of the character when it comes to a story your working on, their appearance or if you say they suffer from something like anxiety
is this how-to that i saw that made me worry
and just in the idea to keep a character interesting in general so idk if I’m doing something wrong because i need this kind of story for my oc so she can develop as a character and her getting a good life
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
@Mr100dragon100
You should feel free to write a character with a sad backstory. I thibk those rules in that link are personally too restrictive.
I think if you write her well then we will root for her to get over her obstacles.
Mr100dragon100
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

reformation is the best
@Cosmas-the-Explorer
ya, those rules are restrictive, a character has got to be interesting if you want you oc to be engaging or they might come off boring if your making a story or whatever, i want this character to be interesting too and i do home i write her well but this is why i like to ask people here because i can get feed back without spoiling the story on deveant art unless i have too but we’ll see i need a break a bit and when the time comes I’ll focus on that
Mr100dragon100
Artist -

reformation is the best
@Cosmas-the-Explorer
thanks, also i know the ponies in my story’s names are basically their original names but i prefer to have them, who knows some of their names can still fit the pony world anyways if you know the meaning but it is this person’s opinion and perhaps an outdated one
like saying a changeling who wants to make friends is not true or whatever, well we have thorax now but i choose what i choose and i think is ok
also i hope other answer too because i want to know what name gets more votes
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
In my AU, Twilight is a lot more reserved and composed even as a filly.
She would never say Sunshine Ladybugs Awake willingly at least not in public
She’s more dour and serious and is similar to Harshwinny in that she wants to compose herself and seem professional.
Mr100dragon100
Artist -

reformation is the best
hello, i still want to make a comic about derpy giving away muffins for hearths warming eve but how should it start i was thinking with derpy and miss. cake but what can be a good reason why miss. cake wants to give away muffins for hearth’s warming eve that makes sense
i want this to be a 2 parter with the reason for the giving away of muffins and that little song i came up with that is based on minty’s song about socks
Mr100dragon100
Artist -

reformation is the best
can anyone give me examples of a good title for a love story?
premise:
two ponies who experienced their hearts being broken years ago found love again with each other
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Explorer in Training
@Mr100dragon100
She wants to do muffin surprise? Most expect just cakes from Ms Cake but for Hearths Warming Eve, she will give the folks of Ponyville a new treat.
And Derpy is the best help. Maybe Ms Cake and Derpy make a muffin with cakelike elements. And Derpy wishes to sell them. Meanwhile maybe Pinkie Pie is on a mission from the Tree of Harmony
Mr100dragon100
Artist -

reformation is the best
what do you think about this
this is set in sugar cube corner
Mrs cake: oooh, what am I going to do?
The door rings and derpy opens the door.
Derpy: Good evening, Mrs. cake.
Mrs. cake: oh, hello derpy
Derpy: You need help delivering something, Pinkie told me. What can I send?
Mrs. cake:
Nothing.
Derpy:
What, did something happen?
Mrs cake: I completely forgot about the cupcakes while Pinke was on a map mission.
We usually love to give out festive treats for the season, and her cupcakes were everyponies favourite.
I don’t know what to do now.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide