Fanfic Writing General

Tr4p3z1um5
Artist -

Chilencio...
If anybody is still alive here, well hi xddd
You know, I’ve had this stupid story idea in mind for a long ass time, always daydreaming about it. Only recently have I managed to get over my laziness and write at least the plot :V
[Hyperdenser]
It’s an OC only story with some references to cannon characters here and there (no, it’s not a next gen story :VVV), and it’s set around 150 years after MLP:FIM’s last episode. The princesses no longer exist, as they dissapeared mysteriously 100 years ago.
There’s also a “chapter 1” in the document. Read it if you want, but it’s just a shitty draft for now. You might cringe a bit :V
Silent_Witness
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Chippin’ In
It’s been a while, but I had another idea that I’ve been wrestling with, and I wanted to get some outside input before committing one way or another.
Anyway, for the story I’m writing, one of the threads follows two characters that have a dynamic fairly similar to Simon and Kamina from Gurren Lagann. Early on, it’s discovered that one of the two is a hero chosen by the gods, but either one could fit the criteria. Most everyone is convinced that the Kamina analogue, Baligant, is the chosen one, while Baligant himself is convinced that the Simon analogue, Sai, is the chosen hero.
Now, just like Kamina, Baligant was supposed to die- that was something I established well before I’d fleshed either character out. But I started thinking of turning the scenario around, and having Sai, the Simon analogue, die instead. The scenario of the tall, confident character being assumed to be the hero, only for it to actually be the weaker, overlooked guy is a bit overdone, so I thought it would make a decent twist for everyone’s initial assumptions to have been right, and that the actual hero really was the big guy all along.
Tr4p3z1um5
Artist -

Chilencio...
@Zlat Design
“But I’m sure I’m no where near to be readable”.
Don’t worry. None of us start off being “readable”. My lazy ass hasn’t even finished a chapter one yet xDDD
Do you already have a defined plot for your story? I feel like that would help a lot to understand what’s happening in your draft xddd
Silent_Witness
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Chippin’ In
You know how in some media, a male character gets turned into a girl, and their love interest isn’t particularly bothered by it? Or a female character learns that someone they find attractive and thought was male is actually female, but it doesn’t damper their attraction? I know that its semi-unthinkable in the present day, but just like the trope of everyone assuming the swaggering barbarian is the hero that will save them when its actually the scrawny guy they don’t give a second thought about, I find “If Its You It’s Okay” a bit overdone, and wanted to defy (or at least play around with) it in my story. And I wanted to see what others might think about where I take that.
In the first instance (I haven’t actually decided what order these will play out in), due to an accident, the male lead ends up being turned into a girl for a while. It does eventually wear off, but until he turns back, one of his companions- a yandere type who’s otherwise completely obsessed with him- actually loses all interest in his female form, only coming around once he’s male again. Granted, another party member who’s into other women takes an interest in the male lead while he’s a girl, though she’s rather very hesitant at first, and it takes some serious coaxing from another character before she makes a move on him.
In the second instance, a minor character is a woman that has been living as a male for several years- she was the squire of a famed monster slayer, and after he was fatally wounded, she assumed his identity so that his legacy would live on. When circumstances force her to reveal her real identity, one of her comrades who had a crush on the male persona is actually repulsed to find out that the person she was attracted to was another girl.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ponies Online! - April 13-14

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide