Viewing last 25 versions of post by CMC Scootaloo in topic Future of FIM fanfiction

CMC Scootaloo
Duck - Common sense 'n stuff
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Artist -

Scootaloo Fanclub Member
"[@Applelight Limited":](/writing/future-of-fim-fanfiction/post/4304724#post_4304724

)

It depends. On one hoof, it means no new information and events from Equestria are coming in to add never-ending inspiration fuel. On the other hoof, it means that certain fandom theories weaved into fics can never be proven wrong (but sadly not get proven right either anymore), so I will always be able to pretend that the events of my story about Flurry Heart's potential future ""Princess Flurry Heart, Destroyer of Worlds!"":[](https://www.fimfiction.net/story/327590/princess-flurry-heart-destroyer-of-worlds) are what will actually happen to Flurry Heart when she gets older. That goes for all fanfic writers whose theories haven't been confirmed or proven wrong by the show, so far, and won't get anymore in Season 9.

So, for the creative side, it has losses and opportunities at the same time.

Of course, all that goes only if Generation 5 does become the dreaded reboot. If not, things look of course very much different again.

I want to see a new series that shows us Flurry Heart's future. <3 I really hope that will happen.

[bq]

>
For example, one of the planned crew mates of the ship was an earth pony called Ragamuffin…Equestria Girls beat me to it.[/bq]

That doesn't need to bother you. What's seen in EQG and what's seen in My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic is separate. These are two different universes. You can still call a pony that and be the first one.

[bq]

>
The ship itself is a literal flying ship…both the mlp movie and that Pan movie beat me to the punch on getting it out.[/bq]

And about that, I hope it will soothe you that we got the confirmation that Equestria has airships in Season 2 already. It was in "Sweet and Elite" that we saw the first airship in the show. Then we saw another, albeit smaller, one in "Apple Family Reunion" in Season 3.

That's something we know for a long time already, so that's at least one thing the movie didn't beat us to.

I have a much harder story to tell there, about a fic called "Omega" that I started reading in 2013, which is about an airship crew of ponies getting thrown into an adventure that leads them outside of Equestria.

I was very excited for that prospect, seeing theories about what could be outside of Equestria, but never managed to read it further. Four years later, the movie came and, while I still want to read this fic, it feels less exciting to do so now than it did when I read the first chapter. :\

And thinking about that, that this story would have been way more exciting for me if I wouldn't have been too dumb to set aside time for what I love, this really hurts thinking about. One of the things that will haunt me for life.

[bq]

>
There’s still tonnes of fanfiction being produced, isn’t there? Even after all this time?[/bq]

There are about 30 - 40 new fanfics and about 150 new chapters for on-going stories getting released on FIMFiction each day. Not as much as it used to be, during Season 5 we got 60 new fics and 300 new chapters each day, but it's still a lot.

And it can rise again, if enough pony authors pick up the pen and start writing. The activity is never set in stone, it depends on how many decide to contribute, so the best thing you can do is start writing ponyfics yourself and encourage as many people as possible to do the same.

"

[
@Nebula Dusk":](/writing/future-of-fim-fanfiction/post/4306643#post_4306643

)

And if you developed the idea independently. If you write something that has already been written before, you might not be able to write on your banner that you did it first and not get fame for being the first one, but to you, the idea will still feel like your own achievement because you developed it without copying it from somewhere else.

That has a lot of importance for a writer and factors in tremendously.
No reason given
Edited by CMC Scootaloo
CMC Scootaloo
Duck - Common sense 'n stuff
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Artist -

Scootaloo Fanclub Member
"@Applelight Limited":/writing/future-of-fim-fanfiction/post/4304724#post_4304724

It depends. On one hoof, it means no new information and events from Equestria are coming in to add never-ending inspiration fuel. On the other hoof, it means that certain fandom theories weaved into fics can never be proven wrong (but sadly not get proven right either anymore), so I will always be able to pretend that the events of my story about Flurry Heart's potential future ""Princess Flurry Heart, Destroyer of Worlds!"":https://www.fimfiction.net/story/327590/princess-flurry-heart-destroyer-of-worlds are what will actually happen to Flurry Heart when she gets older. That goes for all fanfic writers whose theories haven't been confirmed or proven wrong by the show, so far, and won't get anymore in Season 9.
So, for the creative side, it has losses and opportunities at the same time.

Of course, all that goes only if Generation 5 does become the dreaded reboot. If not, things look of course very much different again.
I want to see a new series that shows us Flurry Heart's future. <3 I really hope that will happen.

[bq]For example, one of the planned crew mates of the ship was an earth pony called Ragamuffin…Equestria Girls beat me to it.[/bq]

That doesn't need to bother you. What's seen in EQG and what's seen in My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic is separate. These are two different universes. You can still call a pony that and be the first one.

[bq]The ship itself is a literal flying ship…both the mlp movie and that Pan movie beat me to the punch on getting it out.[/bq]

And about that, I hope it will soothe you that we got the confirmation that Equestria has airships in Season 2 already. It was in "Sweet and Elite" that we saw the first airship in the show. Then we saw another, albeit smaller, one in "Apple Family Reunion" in Season 3.
That's something we know for a long time already, so that's at least one thing the movie didn't beat us to.

I have a much harder story to tell there, about a fic called "Omega" that I started reading in 2013, which is about an airship crew of ponies getting thrown into an adventure that leads them outside of Equestria.
I was very excited for that prospect, seeing theories about what could be outside of Equestria, but never managed to read it further. Four years later, the movie came and, while I still want to read this fic, it feels less exciting to do so now than it did when I read the first chapter. :\
And thinking about that, that this story would have been way more exciting for me if I wouldn't have been too dumb to set aside time for what I love, this really hurts thinking about. One of the things that will haunt me for life.

[bq]There’s still tonnes of fanfiction being produced, isn’t there? Even after all this time?[/bq]

There are about 30 - 40 new fanfics and about 150 new chapters for on-going stories getting released on FIMFiction each day. Not as much as it used to be, during Season 5 we got 60 new fics and 300 new chapters each day, but it's still a lot.
And it can rise again, if enough pony authors pick up the pen and start writing. The activity is never set in stone, it depends on how many decide to contribute, so the best thing you can do is start writing ponyfics yourself and encourage as many people as possible to do the same.

"@Nebula Dusk":/writing/future-of-fim-fanfiction/post/4306643#post_4306643

And if you developed the idea independently. If you write something that has already been written before, you might not be able to write on your banner that you did it first and not get fame for being the first one, but to you, the idea will still feel like your own achievement because you developed it without copying it from somewhere else.
That has a lot of importance for a writer and factors in tremendously.
No reason given
Edited by CMC Scootaloo