Viewing last 25 versions of post by Background Pony #1461 in topic Future of FIM fanfiction

Background Pony #1461
"[@CMC Scootaloo":](/writing/future-of-fim-fanfiction/post/4308873#post_4308873
)  
Wow, that much a day? That still seems like an incredible amount of work getting produced even after all this time. Certainly gives me hope. :)

The show ending is a bit of swings and roundabouts isn’t it?

And I take it that you’re hoping that gen 5 is more of gen 4.5? A sort of successor series rather than a full blown reboot? Personally, so am I. Especially because I think that there’s so much more left to explore i this setting.

However, it they simply must reboot it, I don’t want it done by half measures. Don’t take these characters we’ve grown to love over 9 years and remake them, starting back at square one. Give us all new characters then.

Also, I don’t want to derail the thread with details of my own story, but about the ship; it wasn’t so much a blimp or an airship...it was a literal flying ship...also, I never worked out if they built it themselves or refurbished an old hulk (that has hidden history), but regardless, it’s been infused with the magic of their friendship and camaraderie. So much so, that it is, for want of a better term, ‘_alive_’. It can move around by itself, refuse to do what’s told, get stroppy when insulted, and even heal itself. It’s like...Herby the love bug...or a non evil version of Christine...except that it’s a ship. XD

Basically it’s another mystical, magical artifact. This makes sense within the context of the show right?

Gutted to hear about that Omega story tbh. Not that sounds bad or anything...it’s just that once again I was beaten to the punch...and it’s just not as much of an original idea anymore. :(
No reason given
Edited by Background Pony #1461
Background Pony #1461
"@CMC Scootaloo":/writing/future-of-fim-fanfiction/post/4308873#post_4308873
Wow, that much a day? That still seems like an incredible amount of work getting produced even after all this time. Certainly gives me hope. :)

And I take it that you’re hoping that gen 5 is more of gen 4.5? A sort of successor series rather than a full blown reboot? Personally, so am I. Especially because I think that there’s so much more left to explore i this setting.

However, it they simply must reboot it, I don’t want it done by half measures. Don’t take these characters we’ve grown to love over 9 years and remake them, starting back at square one. Give us all new characters then.

Also, I don’t want to derail the thread with details of my own story, but about the ship; it wasn’t so much a blimp or an airship...it was a literal flying ship...also, I never worked out if they built it themselves or refurbished an old hulk (that has hidden history), but regardless, it’s been infused with the magic of their friendship and camaraderie. So much so, that it is, for want of a better term, ‘_alive_’. It can move around by itself, refuse to do what’s told, get stroppy when insulted, and even heal itself. It’s like...Herby the love bug...or a non evil version of Christine...except that it’s a ship. XD

Basically it’s another mystical, magical artifact. This makes sense within the context of the show right?__

Gutted to hear about that Omega story tbh. Not that sounds bad or anything...it’s just that once again I was beaten to the punch...and it’s just not as much of an original idea anymore. :(
No reason given
Background Pony #1461
"@CMC Scootaloo":/writing/future-of-fim-fanfiction/post/4308873#post_4308873

Basically it’s another mystical, magical artifact. This makes sense within the context of the show right?__
No reason given