Future of FIM fanfiction

Background Pony #1461
So with the end of FIM approaching, do you guys think that the fanfiction will continue on in a big way?

I’ve had many ideas for stories over the years, but I couldn’t write them due to life being too busy. Ironically, just as I’ve started to make the time, the show’s over. I can’t really complain (it’s been nine years!) but still…

Will you guys continue to read and write FIM fanfiction for the foreseeable future?
MidnightLunaRunner

SUPER pervert
ill always continue to read FIM fictions, i love the fandom and the world too much to ever really abandon it. keep the words coming and there will always be someone to read them hugs
MidnightLunaRunner

SUPER pervert
@Applelight Limited  
That’s a really good way to look at it. As the main series ends it continues on in our hearts and in our creations, be they visual art or the written word, its legacy lives on. (yes i know i used too many commas in that but sue me i just got off of work lol)
CMC Scootaloo
Duck - Common sense 'n stuff
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Artist -

Scootaloo Fanclub Member
@Applelight Limited

It will always continue. First we are going to see what Generation 5 will bring. It could be a reboot, all things considered. But there is also still a chance that it’s a sequel to Generation 4 and that we will see Equestria and the ponies and creatures we love again in it. If that is the case, the fandom will continue with business as usual and keep trucking along in a longer-than-normal hiatus. And once the non-rebooted Generation 5 comes, we will experience a surge of activity and enter a renaissance era.

If Generation 5 is a reboot, then we have our dedicated creators. I’ve seen a couple of them, bronies who will never let go of Equestria and of G4 and who will keep creating for it no matter how many alternate universe reboots Hasbro should throw at us in future generations. I can’t tell how many of these brony creators are there, but even if they should turn out to be a minority compared to those who will jump at a Generation 5 reboot, they will still create sufficient G4 pony material for us to stay connected with Equestria. A minority can achieve great things with love, dedication, persistence and resilience.

And then there are, of course, creators like you. G4 Pony Creators who only start out now and who don’t care that Season 9 is going to be the last one, or, that Generation 5 might be a reboot. And these are the most important ones, the new blood who comes in and brings fresh ideas. As long as this new blood keeps coming in to create for Generation 4, we will always sustain our G4 community.  
The ride never ends.
judgedeadd
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters

Man, once G5 starts up, there’s gonna be this vast untapped market for G5 fanfiction. Write something halfway decent and your work will remain famous in the fandom for years to come, simply by virtue of being the first.
Background Pony #1461
You guys are right! I feel a lot better about the future of the FIM fandom now! :)

In addition to a few one off stories, I’ve had a long term plan to do a series of stories (and possibly comics) about a group of pony adventurers in an airship looking for an important lost treasure. Sort of like one piece meets FIM…sort of.

The roots of this go all the way back to season 2. I was getting ready to start it then life dragged me away from it. And just as I’m getting back to it, the show ends. I was quite down about that. :(
CMC Scootaloo
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Artist -

Scootaloo Fanclub Member
@Applelight Limited

I know that feeling. I started a multi-chapter fic for Applebloom, Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle during Season 4, right after “Twilight Time” aired. I have planned it to be a huge and long adventure fic with all sorts of epic stuff happening, including even several sequels by now, but something always happened when I sat down to continue it:

https://www.fimfiction.net/story/171780/journeys-and-destinations-a-friendship-for-eternity

Now it’s still sitting around at two chapters and hopelessly outdated, but I will still write it and make of it what it’s supposed to be and if it’s the last thing I’m doing.
Background Pony #1461
@Crystal Wishes  
I know that feeling!

Btw, quick question, since I haven’t seen seasons 7 or 8 yet. Changelings are reformed right? Can they still change into other beings or is that ability lost?
CMC Scootaloo
Artist -

Scootaloo Fanclub Member
@Applelight Limited

Nope, no cutie marks. Didn’t have any up until the events seen in the Season 6 Finale and still don’t have any.  
But they look very different now, very colorful similar to ponies, and they struggle to form their own society and to create their own culture and traditions.
Background Pony #1461
@CMC Scootaloo  
This sounds very interesting. Much interaction with the other races?

I fear I’m derailing my own thread here but I think that all this goes to show that there’s tonnes of potential left in gen 4.
CMC Scootaloo
Artist -

Scootaloo Fanclub Member
@Applelight Limited

We haven’t seen many so far. Thorax had a conversation with Ember during Season 7 and they exchanged a few advices about ruling their respective nations. And Thorax has sent Ocellus into Twilight’s friendship school at the start of Season 8. After which Ocellus has become friends with several other students from the school who came from different nations to attend the school as well.
Background Pony #1461
Things like this will keep the fandom going though. It’s something to be happy about. :)
Nebula Dusk

Crystal Sorceress
In addition to a few one off stories, I’ve had a long term plan to do a series of stories (and possibly comics) about a group of pony adventurers in an airship looking for an important lost treasure. Sort of like one piece meets FIM…sort of.

That is kind of like how a rp of mine is, ponies adventuring, searching for the guardians of Clover the clever’s artifacts, and the artifacts themselves. They were originally on a large floating ship with Xinarian technology, but they crashed it.
Background Pony #1461
@Nebula Dusk  
That sounds cool!

Had a thought; with FIM ending and the canon probably being set in concrete, would this help out with fan fiction?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ponies Online! - April 13-14

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide