Graphic Novel? Or Text Story?

Ponynstuff320 (Toon-n-crossover
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

I'm a shitty artist
Which one’s best? To be honest, each other’s own, I love Graphic Novel. Just because of how much it could be an artist and or writer doing the same thing is cool. Plus, it’s a bit easier to envision it, since it’s all up to the accurate imagination for text novels or things alike.
QuasarNova
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Thread Starter - Equestria Girls RPG
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

I personally like both for different reasons.

Graphic Novels get you in the mind of the writer and the images mix with the dialogue for you to see what he was thinking and how he saw this world

Text based allow your imagination to run rampant and see the scenarios with your own eyes as if you were witnessing it for yourself

The main difference being that in a Graphic Novel you see through the eyes of the creator while text based you get yourself in the story, at least, that’s how I see it.
redweasel
Duck - "someone befriended them, saved them, coaxed them out of their shell, and showed them that sex is nothing to be afraid of. I’m kind of envious of that rape victim"

Fuzzbutt
it depends. a text story will give us the best immersion. graphic novels display what you’re supposed to imagine, which then conflicts with what you actually imagine, and that makes the story seem less real. a graphic novel will give the fastest delivery of ideas, and the best composition. it’s much harder to leave facts up to interpretation with just text than it is with a picture.

basically text lets the reader decide how and a graphic novel lets the reader decide what.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide