(NSFW) The Royal Air Force

Fleetfoot
Fleetfoot - For Patreon supporters
Perfect Fleetfoot Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ saucy Fleetfoot images with 350+ upvotes (Perfect Pony Plot Provider)
Woona - To my most special somepony~
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Tree of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Responsible Disclosure - Lessons from Furbi

Senior Moderator
Fletch the Enfield
The Royal Air Force.  
A MLP FiM fanfiction, main character; Rainbow Dashie. Advised age: 13+ (Adult Language, Sexual Interaction, Blood Display) by Bianca Louise von Blankenheim, Princess Trixie vi Equestria - Derpibooru

It was another of those days with a clear blue sky, surrounding Ponyville, not many clouds around except for the ones at the highest altitude. Just a few white ones way up and although the limited amount, it was more than needed for Rainbow Dash to make her daily speed practice. She organized them all like small floating rings, and made her way into them as they were all in straight line. When she reached extremely high speeds, the wind around her got cloudy and she could feel like she was nearly breaking the sound barrier again, her passion for the legendary sonic rainboom made her want to go that bit faster and perform it again, although the memories of how it hurts her body afterwards made her give up and slow down as the last ring was finally crossed.  
“Aw RD, why didn’t you do it? I saw how close you got to it this time…” Scootaloo asked from the ground as Rainbow Dash slowly flew to her sweating from her beautiful mane.  
“I promise I’ll do it next time, it’s just that I can’t afford to get hurt right now, the Equestria Drag Fly Race is in two days and that’s when I gotta do it. I’m sure that if I became the only pegasus there to do the sonic rainboom the Wolderbolts will have to hire me, so I’ll be able to finally leave my boring weather job.”  
“Still, you won’t forget about me right? You know I’ve always been your number one fan!”  
“How could I? Not to worry Scootaloo, if I’m sure of one thing, it’s that I won’t forget a single friend from Ponyville, and especially not my lil ‘sister.’”  
Rainbow Dash’s words made Scootaloo smile in joy, and soon both started going straight to the City Hall, Scootaloo offered a race even though she knew she couldn’t win but just to have one of finest joys in life, flying, or almost flying beside her only hero.  
“Ahaha! I won! Again…” Rainbow Dash yelled friendly to Scootaloo as they finally reached the City Hall, “But don’t get sad, I must admit you’re becoming faster and faster, I wouldn’t be surprised if my pupil actually performed her own sonic rainboom one day!”  
Every time Scootaloo heard a compliment from Rainbow, her eyes would shine…  
Finally inside the giant building, Rainbow Dash was the very first pegasus to sign up for the race. As she looked at the paper, with her name on it, she could only day-dream once again; her, wearing that lightning proof suit and would be part of the royal acrobatic team of Celestia, the amazing, the unique, the Wonderbolts.

The following two days went by roughly fast, and she trained every day. She was quite scared that she would fail; she was scared because losing this race could destroy her name and reputation forever, destroy her chances at being a Wonderbolt, and make her a failure as an athlete, who once was known to be the best… Her mind was beginning to turn to chaos, what caused her to miss a flap of wing, it could seem not big deal though she fall on a soft bush due to it, she stayed there with her eyes closed and just deep breathing, suddenly she felt a friendly touch over her wings, she looked around a bit surprised. It was her friend, Twilight, with a shy smile and cute eyes, whose had trot from the main path all the way through the grassed field to see if her friend was alright, telling her in such a softly tone,  
“Worrying too much never helped, look at me it’s a pony saying to another one, you are the best flier Equestria ever had, you know it better than myself! You go out there and do exactly what you’re born to do.”  
Rainbow Dash, looked up and saw Rarity and Fluttershy also there with smiles on their faces, they were there for her, to support her as they’ve always done.  
“Where’s Pinkie? And AJ? Or even Spike?” RD asked trying to hold her emotions of joy.  
“They’re already there holding our seats, along with Scootaloo.” Twilight answered.  
“Awesome! So off we go!” Rainbow said loudly, taking off to the coliseum at Cloudsdale with all her friends.  
Soon enough, Rainbow Dash was right on the start line with eight other pegasi, waiting for the last one to join the line so they could take off, she looked at her opponents, and with a sarcastic laugh she said to herself, while loudly enough to the others also hear it:  
“Gonna be such a piece of cake…”  
Her opponents looked up at her though they quickly lined up again, trying to resist her tease. She was still laughing gently when she faltered. She closed her eyes and opened them again, wishing she saw it wrong but unfortunately she didn’t. It was Spitfire, the leader and fastest pegasus in the Wonderbolts. She was still hesitating when in a sigh, she looked up and thought to herself that no one, no one would defeat her, not that day. Looking to her left, she saw all her friends cheering her on, Fluttershy’s “Yay!” was even louder than usual, and looking to the right she saw a huge crowd cheering and shouting in excitement. Everything was perfect, this had to be her day, on this day she’d finally be given the honor of being part of the Wonderbolts!  
Everything was set up, she was there, wings opened wide, the sun was hitting her feathers and her fur, the light cyan shining. Her tail alone gave off a small reflection of a rainbow as the sunlight bounced off it. BOOM! The lighting went off, all 10 competitors took off, and as expected very soon Ace Swiff and Rainbow Dash were taking some distance from the rest of the group, both were switching the first position and going through the rings, but Rainbow Dash wasn’t doing her best. She knew she could easily go faster, but she was saving her strength for the ending. She felt Ace Swiff going a little faster already, but she knew she could overcome him in the last straight line. Another ring and Ace got solid in the first position, although he couldn’t take advantage of her for more than a second. They made the turn and went through one more ring, and now it was the big time, Rainbow opened her wings widely and started going faster and faster, she passed Ace Swiff in one fluid motion, glancing at his surprised face and smiling before zooming farther forward, now going extremely faster than anypony in the crowd expected to see anypony go. She was almost a lighting bolt, her wings were being abused and she could feel them ache a bit already, but she wouldn’t lose this once in a lifetime chance! She kept attempting to go faster and faster, the clouds she passed going by so fast she couldn’t even see a blur, and in a blink it happened. That familiar explosion. What she was known for. She had broken the sound barrier once again, and there it was, another Sonic Rainboom. Her speed was impossible to calculate, and the crowd went insane over that beautiful rainbow making its way to the finish line, RD was going beyond her body’s limitations but she didn’t care, she just wanted to win, win, WIN… And that was when she heard that light crack, that indistinguishable sound of her wing bone splitting, so different from all the other sounds and the growing pain went all over her right wing where once she had had surgery on it due to a fall. It didn’t manage to hold the speed, and she wasn’t even able to see where she was going, she just started to fall, while the crowd could just see was a rainbow going down, and down, and down. Rainbow Dash had no control and started falling at that amazing speed, the effects still boosting her. She did a straight line to a lake way down on the ground, the entire colosseum in silence.  
Twilight didn’t waste time, she teleported Rarity, Pinkie, AJ and herself to closest possible point of the lake to where she thought Rainbow Dash landed, while Scootaloo and Fluttershy made their way by flying. They ran inside the lake and rescued RD from the water, setting her down on the grass they all tried to make her get back to her own, RD opened her eyes slowly with tears spreading her face, coughing a small amount of blood she stands up and asked:  
“Who… who… won…?”  
Twilight replied with a smile: “You did.”  
AppleJack also stated, “You betcha sugarcube, should’ve seen how ‘mazin’ was when ya crossed the line while fallin’!”  
Rainbow Dash smiled, she barely even felt the her pain anymore as the happiness took over her entire body.  
“Alright then, perhaps now it’s time you see a medic Dash, you really don’t look well.” Advised Twilight, but Rainbow Dash replied sharply,  
“A winner not going to take her prize? Hell to the no! Just help me up, I’m going back to the colosseum right now.”  
“Oh Rainbow Dash… Ok, but please promise you’ll see a doctor right after you get your award, please, for your own good…” begged Fluttershy hiding her face behind her own mane.  
“Fine.”  

“And here we deliver the silver medal to Ace Swiff, congratulations to the Canterlot Representative, and now we might not able to give the gold medal… Oh wait, look! There’s our champion! The winner of the Drag Speed Race! The one and only Rainbow Dash from PonyVille that has not only won but also stabled a new record! That’s right, folks! Welcome our champion everypony!”  
Those words hit Rainbow Dash’s heart, her happiness was beyond word could explain, as they put that golden medal around her neck she could only smile, the pain of her injury melting away, nothing mattering in that one moment. She was forced to hold her tears of joy back in that special moment.  
This was it, she’d finally have to be accepted in the Wonderbolts, she had defeated the ‘all legendary’ Ace Swiff, and she knew that her moment had finally reached her.  
As the event ended, everypony was taking off the colosseum. It was then she saw another two Wonderbolts in their uniforms huddling around Ace Swiff, she didn’t waste time, walking closer to the three she could hear words that made her heart get as hard as a stone…  
“No, she is not ready.” Ace Swiff warned the other two uniformed pegasi.  
“What!? What is this!?” She yelled by accident, but Spitfire barely reacted, turning around and facing Rainbow Dash she continued.  
“Your skills are remarkable, we can not deny that, for your abilities are superior to nearly any pegasus or even pony I’ve seen, but you lack experience and responsibility. You see, it isn’t all about being the fastest, but being able to control such speed. Your failure here to contain the force and speed created by yourself has shown me that you’re still too young to take place as a Wonderbolt.”  
Rainbow Dash’s head was spinning… She could barely breath, as she was getting dizzier and dizzier by such words, how chance, how great day, how? How could that be possible? How could that be fair? She couldn’t take that answer, she couldn’t accept it, she screamed in anger.  
“How can you say these word to me? I’m the fastest pegasus in all Equestria! You’re just afraid I’ll take all of your fame to myself! This isn’t fair! I proved myself, my flying skills, my loyalty, to even Princess Celestia… She even awarded me as most efficient flier in Cloudsdale!”  
“We aren’t discussing your talents. We do know that you have a gift for flying, but as Ace said and you just proved it, you lack responsibility and furthermore you need to learn to talk to your superiors. The Wonderbolts are more than just a group of stunt fliers, we’re a tactical defense team for matters in all of Equestria. We’re in charge of saving other ponies lives! Can you deal with it?” Spitfire said strongly.  
“I’ve saved more lives than you can imagine!” Insisted Rainbow Dash.  
“Perhaps your ‘team’ did manage amazing results, although your names shall only be remembered in the history books to those who even bother wasting their time opening them. Admit it, the Elements of Harmony are a forgotten force already,” replied a second pegasus in the Wonderbolts uniform.  
“But… but… I have the wing power record…”  
Sighing, Spitfire said, ”Your day will come eventually… Just not today.” Spitfire said, somehow relating to Rainbow Dash’s pain.  
All of them took off together, and she just watched, until they were out of sight, then fell over once they were gone.  
Dash’s pinky eyes couldn’t contain the tears, she didn’t understand where she failed, after so much hard work, after everything… Every single thing she did to become who she is, and her day might never come. So many questions kept hitting her mind, she couldn’t control her thoughts any longer, and the want to scream grew inside of her. Twilight approached her to ask how it all went, and all Rainbow Dash managed to do was turn her head around with her mane blocking the sobbing eyes to Twilight, sniff, then get up and just fly away, Twilight looking after her, able to tell what happened. She just wanted to disappear…  
Before anypony could react to that scene, Twilight ordered with a sweet tone, “Don’t try to follow her, or find her. She really needs some time for herself.”  
“Oh my…” whispered Fluttershy taking her hoof to the face, “Was she… rejected?”  
“I’m afraid she was, Fluttershy.”  
And Applejack said, “Darn it! How can all them fancy Wonderbolt guys think they’re any better than RD?”  
“I can’t tell Applejack, I wish she didn’t react so badly, gosh, I feel so sorry for her…”  
“I suppose all we can do for now is go back home, right, darling?” Asked Rarity in a collective sigh.  
“Yes we should be going…” As Twilight said it, all of them took off Cloudsdale back to Ponyville, with their hearts broken, sharing part of the pain Rainbow Dash was feeling at that moment.  
Scoots didn’t waste a single second after reading the telegram, she flew to Twilight’s house and knocked at the door repeatedly until she opened it,  
“Scootaloo, what’s wrong!? What’s with all this fuss? Did something wrong happen?”  
“Yes! C’mon Twilight, It’s Rainbow Dash, she needs us two, we’ve to go there and meet her!”  
“Meet her where?”  
“At her house, she seemed extremely vulnerable, I think we should go there as soon as possible, so come on let’s go!”  
“Okay, okay, calm down Scoots, we’re going right away! Spike! Take care of the house, I’m leaving to do something of important matter!”  
“Sure, Twilight.”  
Twilight followed Scootaloo’s quick moves through ponyville, leaving the town and heading through the farms places, getting to the entrance of the EverFree Forest, where Rainbow Dash’s self made home was. The whole structure was much darker and gloomier than usual, the clouds gray instead of white, and the rainbow falls’ flows stopped.  
Twilight teleported herself to the entry up in the sky, Scootaloo, with some difficulty, made her way up by flying. Both stared the door for a short while before knocking on it.  
“It’s open guys… Come inside.” A sobbing voice said.  
Both ente red the house, and went straight to the main bedroom, and it’s door was open. There they had a first look of her, crying softly with her head between the pillows. The whole bedroom was considerably messy, her bed a bit damp from so many tears. Some of her feathers had dropped from her wings and were between the sheets. As Twilight noticed those few feathers on the bed, she asked with a shy voice, afraid of causing Rainbow Dash any bad reaction:  
“How’s your right wing? Did you get it checked out?”  
“It’s healed already, I made a bandage myself. It’s working just fine and it’s painless.”  
“I see a bruise here… though it doesn’t seem like anything problematic…” She was interrupted by Rainbow Dash,  
“That’s not from the fall, I bit myself, and it caused a few feathers to drop, plus it made this little mark, but very soon it’ll be gone.”  
“You bit yourself!? Oh my! Dash!” Scootaloo said it weeping, with great fear on her face. Those words also shocked Twilight even though she managed to keep her expressions in low profile.  
“I know… It was just something of the moment, I’m not gonna do it again.”  
“We know it, you were under a lot of stress.” Twilight said in a strong tone, holding Scoots back, and shaking her head to her as a signal to ignore what Rainbow Dash had just said. Even though Scoots accepted Twilight’s decision, something in her was demanding to dig deeper into that story. She knew how devastated Dash was, but enough to cause pain to herself? Scootaloo’s head was burning with so many thoughts. Suddenly Rainbow left the bed and made herself stand in front of the two, and started to tell them with an honest voice,  
“I asked you two to come here because out of all my friends, you’re the ones i trust the most. I’m not putting doubt in my trust to anyone else, I know I can trust the world to Fluttershy, and Applejack, and Rarity, and so on… but it is you two I feel the most comfortable with. Twilight, you’re the most intelligent and experienced pony i know, and Scootaloo, you’re my little sister, haha, you give me the strength i need to keep on… even when everything else has turned dark. And that is why I will need you guys’ help and support to get back up, and be the best once again.  
“You’re still the best Dashie, sis, you’ll always be the best regardless of what some dumb wonderbolt officers say…”  
“I know that, it’s just that they had a point. I lack seriousness, I know I do. That’s why I’ve asked you to come here Twilight. I need you to teach me how to be responsible for my actions, so next time i won’t screw up, so next time i’ll be fully responsible, and so next time i’ll be ready for real.  
“You sure never gave up on hope Dash, and neither did we. We’ll help you like any good friends would,” claimed Twilight excitedly.  
“Thank you guys, you’re awesome”.  
“So let’s go!” Scootaloo yelled.  

Rainbow Dash kept performing her usual flight training side by side with her weather work, Scootaloo was there with her almost every time, cheering her up, and sometimes Fluttershy, Applebloom and Sweetie Bell would also appear all together, giving Rainbow Dash enough motivation to keep going. The more she trained the more her body asked her to give up, but she knew she couldn’t fail her friends, she couldn’t fail her dreams. Not again.  
She was also training her discipline, Twilight was giving her lectures nearly everyday at the library. Rainbow attended all of them, read books, studied the honor code, Cloudsdale history, everything that might become handy to her.  
Three weeks had passed since the incident, and Rainbow Dash was the same as always. She had her lazy moments, she still read her adventure novels at night, but she was already feeling much more mature, her speech had changed, her flight was different, her hard working was starting to show results, and even if she didn’t notice it completely, Twilight and Scootaloo surely did.  
“Scoots, what training is it today? Fortify wings?” Dash’s asked to Scootaloo, by the farms for her daily practice.  
“Uhh, actually sis, it’s speeding today. In fact it’s speeding resistance. You’re supposed to performance a Sonic Rainbow and stay on the right speed for one minute. Your best is 48 seconds.”  
“Can’t we skip it? You know, it’s so hard to do it…”  
“Dashie, this is your gift, no one else can do it like you. Remember that Wonderbolt that tried it? He managed to break the sound barrier but his rainbow lasted no longer than a second, his wings broke in seven different places, and it took him four years to recover. Only you and your “legendary” wings can do it.”  
“I know… Okay, let’s do it then. One minute… surely I can make it for one minute this time…”  
Rainbow Dash flew the highest she could, looked down, aimed the big river she knew was deep enough in case of emergencies, took a deep breath, and started falling. She sped toward the ground extremely fast, and soon that indistinguishable white cone was surrounding her, her body stretching, and finally the boom, that loud sound followed by a colourful explosion and there she was, performing the Sonic Rainboom once again, faster than even sound itself. Dash kept it stable and started to pull up so she wouldn’t crash into the water. She was stabilizing herself when the wind began striking heavily against her. She had flown 31 seconds already when her wings started to fail and that heavy wind blowing against her defeated her. She lost speed, exiting the Sonic Rainbow form, and with a lot of trouble she managed to land on the ground without injury, though her left back leg was hurting a bit from the way she hit the ground.  
Scoots didn’t take long to reach her, but before she could ask Rainbow if she was ok, Dash walked away angry, saying to herself there was no use, she couldn’t keep this training up and get the results she wanted. She was whining with anger on her words, and Scoots couldn’t even understand her clearly, so she just followed her quietly.  
They didn’t go too far, for the river was still in sight when Rainbow stopped walking and turned to Scootaloo, demanding her to leave. At first Scoots refused, but after the second request from her “mentor” she left Rainbow Dash alone.  
As they took separate paths, Rainbow Dash started walking by the river now, looking at her own eyes and seeing the tears that wanted to come out, but she kept strong. Her faith was dying but she would not give up. She took a deep breath followed by a sigh, and took her eyes from the water to look across the river and only then she noticed a dark green pony with a brown robe staring at her. He looked older than her, with tired dark eyes were looking directly at her. She felt awkward, and decided to do something about it.  
“May i help you sir?” She asked with a sharp tone.  
“Perhaps young one…” The dark green pony said in a tired voice.  
“Hey dude, I don’t know what’s your deal, but don’t call me young one, besides, you’re starting to creep me out.”  
“Sincerely sorry, miss…?”  
“Dash.”  
“Very well, miss Dash, don’t feel afraid, I was just walking by when I noticed your outstanding performance. You make performing the famous Sonic Rainboom seem as easy as baking a cake.”  
“Say that to the Wonderbolts… I’ve done so much to join them, yet there’s always a reason they don’t let me in. I’m starting to feel like they’re avoiding me just so i won’t steal their fame.”  
Rainbow became interested in talking to the elder pony for some reason, so she walked side by side with him, following him somewhere.  
“You see miss Dash, the Wonderbolts is the only current flying force, they’re only here thanks to Commander Skyrius Blue, who constantly asked for approval from the Princess Celestia. He pointed out that having not even one flying force would be bad to Cloudsdale image, therefore she created the Wonderbolts.”  
“But she’s against them?”  
“Indeed Miss Dash, in fact the HQ is actually in Cloudsdale, not in Canterlot. The Princess wanted Equestria to have only one military force, the Royal Guard, which is her “personal protection” team, and before that change, the old Equestria had 3 military forces, the Ground Army made up of earth ponies, the Royal Air Force made up of pegasi and finally the Magical Division made up of the unicorns, but she ended it all, and made the Royal Guard that has all three races in it.”  
“But why did she do that?” Rainbow Dash asked, getting more and more interested.  
“To preserve the peace. You see, the lack of military in a country increases the freedom, and the feeling of peace. Since we don’t have any border problems or anything that actually requires a large army she decided that this was the right way to go.”  
“How’d you know all of this?”  
“I’m a former military myself, from before the disband of the Royal Air Force. But that isn’t important right now. What I need to do is ask you something.”  
“Huh? Ask away.”  
“Rainbow Dash, I know who you are, i’ve been watching your trainings for a while already, and I’m aware of your skills, I wish you to join me in something that goes way beyond the Wonderbolts, and all of your dreams might become true through this opportunity i offer you.”  
Rainbow Dash gasped deeply. She couldn’t measure the amount of surprise with that statement, could he be speaking the truth? Could any of that make any sense? He seemed to be a serious pony, but it was all too “fantastic”. She couldn’t believe those words.  
“You’re insane! I’m not going anywhere further with you, I mean, seriously… How can any of this be the truth?”  
“I guarantee you I’m serious Miss Dash.”  
“No way friend… I’m not going further with this, you’re just mocking with me.”  
With that last statement, Rainbow took some steps away from the dark-green pony, looking at him with a disapproving sight. Only then she looked around and realized that she was on the northern gate of Ponyville, a place she rarely went in town. Why, even Cloudsdale was up in the southern part of the city, the place she’s used to stay.  
“Where did you take me?” She asked to the dark green pony, her wings sharply opening.  
“To the place I intend to teach you how to fly.”  
She observed the field more and realized a camp, but not any camp. A military one. Before she could say anything two Royal Guards on a patrol said in strong voice to them.  
“Step aside you two, this is a military camp of Celestia’s Royal Guard.”  
“Deeply sorry officers, don’t mind us.”  
Rainbow Dash and him took a step to the other side, giving the patrol space to guards.  
“What was that? You want to train me and make me ready for something amazing, but you’re not even respected by a simple patrol? You’re a failure…”  
“I’m old, not a failure, besides, the fact they don’t know who I am shouldn’t be enough for you to judge who i really am. In fact, so far now you haven’t answered my last question which was, do you desire to join me or you rather keep with your normal life, eternally running after a chance to join the Wonderbolts?”  
These words hurt Dash’s feelings. She felt like her whole life was a meanless chase after a silly dream. That shock stunned her for a bit, but after a gasp she said affirmatively:  
“Very well, I’ll go with you, just don’t waste my time.”  
“Wouldn’t dream to…”  
Both ponies started walking slowly towards the camp gate, where there was a large group of guards guarding it. Equestrian flags could be seen everywhere around the main gate. The old pony stepped forward to the guard. Rainbow stood behind him hoping he wouldn’t be crazy or just a failed earth pony retired from the Royal Guard.  
“Sir, this is a military camp of the Royal Guard. Only authorized personnel can enter, so please, if you can just step aside,” the guard said in strong voice.  
The old pony took the brown cape away slowly, puffed out his chest and opened his large wings. He wasn’t an earth pony but a pegasus, and now Rainbow was speechless. He was strong, had both mane and tail colored with a dark black, whereas his fur was dark green, and his wings had a mix between black and dark-green feathers. Rainbow Dash noticed his green eyes only just now. They were shining, and she felt awkwardly attracted to that look.  
“Air-General Coldy Breeze from the Royal Air Force,” he said loudly enough for a unicorn from inside to hear, and he came out.  
“Coldy… My friend.” Said another old looking white pony.  
Every guard stepped away and made a reverence to the two ponies. Rainbow Dash was amazed with such scene.  
“Commander! It’s been so long.”  
“Too long my old friend, have you finally decided to take your rightful place at the Royal Guard as Commander? Has Celestia transferred you to my brigade?”  
“Negative, I’m loyal to my oath. I’m loyal to the Cloudsdale Equestria Royal Air Force.”  
“So, Air-General, why have you stopped here? Just passing by?  
“The Royal Air Force will be restored, but that’s something to be discussed about later, right now I wonder if I could use your training camp. I’m here to train my new pupil,” he said, pointing out Rainbow Dash with his left wing.  
Rainbow Dash also puffs out her chest, opening her wings to make presence, walking once again to Coldy’s side.  
“I know her, she’s won many important races already, she’s amazing Coldy, you have a good taste of the ones you have at your side.”  
Dash felt a bit offended with the insinuation but pretended not to care. In fact she really didn’t care, everything happening around her was what she dreamed it would be in the Wonderbolts, but she wasn’t in the Wonderbolts, she was at the Royal Guard.  
“Alright, follow me please.” The Commander instructed, looking at the two pegasi who followed his steps straight inside the camp. Coldy was looking straight ahead, ignoring the surroundings, while Dash was amazed by everything that came to her sight. She also realized that inside the Royal Guard there was still a notable separation between the races, Earth Ponies were training together next to the gate, Unicorns in the center, doing magic while most of the pegasi was at another camp side. The higher patent officers were all divided, no race had more leaders than the other, but that surely wasn’t what Celestia envisioned when she created the Royal Guard.  
“This should do it.” Coldy said to the Commander as he showed the training ground.  
“You two can have the old co-commander room to sleep. He’s off-duty and the room is clear to use.”  
“I couldn’t thank you enough Commander.”  
“You’ll have to thank me even more Air-General, I’ve decided to vote in favor of your appetition. I believe in you.”  
Curiosity struck Rainbow Dash, and she turned to Coldy and whisper in his ear,  
“What is he talking about?”  
“I’ve entered an appetition to remake the three forces, and reorganize Equestria’s military force.”  
“But why would you need to reorganize the entire force?” Dash asked in a weak tone, thinking the worst already.  
“I will explain to you when time is right. For now you should only worry about training. Now you’ll learn not only flying moves. In fact you do not need that kind of training anymore, for you’re the most skilled pegasus I’ve seen. Right now we must focus only on your discipline training and your combat training.”  
“Combat training? Like, fighting?” Dash asked even though she already knew the answer.  
“Indeed. Now go to the room and try sleeping or at least resting for a bit. Everything will be even more exhaustive from now on.”  
Responsibility! She couldn’t believe it, a day ago she was nothing but a weather patrol in the southern district of ponyville, she could have done whatever she wanted whenever she wanted, but now, she was on Celestia’s Royal Guard and her mentor was none other than the Air-General. She didn’t need to know how the hierarchy worked in the Royal Air Force to be able to tell that the Air-General was the most important one. She stepped inside the room and looked around. It was a considerably large wooden cottage, inside was some old candles on the walls. The room had two parts, a living room with an old sofa by a well looking wooden table, and some boxes stockpiled. The place looked a little like a warehouse. She entered the room and opened the door to the second part. It was a bedroom with a large bed in the middle with green-military sheets. There was an office table to the left to take notes, with a well looking chair, suspended in the wall behind the desk. On the wall above the desk hung an Equestrian flag, while above the bed a Royal Guard flag. She was amazed with those flags there, and the whole place looked amazing, though old. She sat at the bed, and her body chilled in surprise of how soft it was. She truly was tired from the Sonic Rainboom she had done in the early afternoon, and it was pretty much dark outside. She lied down with her head against the pillow, too tired to even blow out the candles, and covering her eyes with her mane, she fell into a deep and peaceful sleep.  
Her eyes opened in a fraction of second, and she jumped out of bed ready to fight, her heart beating as fast as possible. Wondering where she was, she walked over to the door and opened it to see Coldy standing there, and only then did she remember what happened the day before. She became a little confused, then looked around and realized it was just the old cottage. Relief flooded through her, and she let a smile go to the Air-General staring at her, also smiling.  
“Good morning miss Dash. I’ve been waiting for you.”  
“Have you slept at all?” she asked in a concerned tone.  
“I’ve been sleeping for years, now it’s time to be awaken. Please miss Dash, have this breakfast, and once you’re finished, meet me outside. Today’s your first day of battle training.”  
“Yes sir.” Dash said in an excited tone now, her heart beating quickly once again. She really wanted to be part of all of that. She ate her breakfast, a delicious sandwich with milk and even an apple. She laughed at the apple.  
she thought. Still, there was something about that meal. She knew that kind of meal wasn’t what the Guards usually ate. Coldy had brought her something special. She smiled even more, finding someone else cared for her like her friends. She felt protected and up to do anything he asked, because something tells her it’d be right thing to do.  
As she finished the breakfast, she took her way outside the cottage. The sun had recently been risen and all the earth ponies and unicorns were training.  
“The pegasi only train in the afternoon, so we can use the place just for ourselves the whole morning.”  
“I’m ready.”  
“No, you’re not. Something’s missing.” Coldy said, surprising her. Did she do something wrong? “You’re missing these…” He took out a Royal Guard uniform, the helmet, armor, and everything else and dressed Rainbow with it gently. “It isn’t the official Royal Air Force uniform, but this will do for now. You see, if you’ll be a legend one day, better if you’re respected by the other ones in here already, no?” Finishing putting the armor on her, he put her rainbow tail in the right place.  
Once the uniform was all set on her she looked over herself again with amazed eyes.  
“Now this is the important part, you won’t be any soldier at the Royal Air Force, you’ll be my special agent for the most important missions, and this is your weapon, the hoof blade. You see, it works like a glove in your main hoof, but if you impulse it like this a sharp blade comes out, now be careful this can easily cut your skin so no playing with it, it was designed to cut through Iron armors.”  
Rainbow Dash put her glove on, and used it revealing the blade. “Why is it blue?” She asked staring at it.  
“Because it’s made out of a blue gem called Crystanil not from the usual knives metal.”Dash first saw Coldy flying on his great wings, “You use your agility and speed to overcome any ground unit, always aim right in the neck,” He perfomance the move with a doll in the ground, “And if you face another flying opponent, you aim for it’s belly, right on the stomach, because it’s proven the place of greatest pain is in there, such pain will block his wings move causing him to faint instantly.  
“Will I’ve to do this to other ponies?” Rainbow asked not feeling exactly comfortable with what she just learned.  
“I strongly doubt since our duty is to protect every Equestrian Pony from harm. But remember miss Dash, before them than you.”  
“Got it.” Rainbow Dash made herself in the air, and began to practice the assassination moves she just saw, over and over, and then practice with flying dolls, courtesy from the unicorns, the fighting move she was showed to.  
Cold Breeze was amazed with her strength and definitely with her agility. She was learning how to kill even though he did want her not to ever need… he knew the feeling of dirtying the hoofs with blood… He could never wish Dash to go through such feeling.  
“Keep it up Dash, you’re doing a remarkable work, I need to visit someone to get ready the rest of your training”  
“Yes Sir!” She said in an impulse, the joy of that moment was making her so excited she just wanted to keep training, harder and harder, hardly seen Coldy leave the camp.

It was four in the afternoon, Rainbow Dash didn’t eat anything for lunch, just kept her practicing going. By that time, her sweaty mane, her heavy breathing was interrupted only with Coldy voice by the far, he hadn’t spoken to her directly, but her ears weren’t wrong, he was really coming through the gates with someone, RD flew towards to him, and with a gasp she realized who Coldy was talking to, it was Twilight.  
She flew to their side, doubt could be seen on her face.  
“Miss Dash, look who i found, your friend.”  
“I can see that i just wonder what is she doing in here?” Dash claimed in a surprised tone.  
“I needed to teach you not only the fighting classes but also the Royal Air Force history, her library is in fact the best library in all Ponyville and surroundings, in matter of facts I believe that she isn’t any inferior to the big Canterlot and Cloudsdale libraries.”  
“I was reading deeper on Cloudsdale history when i started studying about this Royal Air Force and i was amazed about how organized this force was, the Wonderbolts aren’t even half of what the RAF was.” Twilight stated with a smile.  
“When she told me that you two are friends i had no doubts that i should bring her together, not only the required books. So we all can learn about the RAF.”  
Twilight and Cold Breeze entered in the coat, Rainbow Dash now eating a apple muffin stayed outside, she wondered if it was really a good idea have Twilight in there, still better a familiar face than someone else.  
With books opened in the table, Coldy were there been Twilight’s and RD’s teacher, he explained how the RAF was created, the victories it had on every place of Equestria and outside of it. The stories were amazing, Twilight had her eyes shining she was amazed by so much rich history Cloudsdale had and how so much few people still remembered these happenings, it had been 12 years since RAF was broken by decret of Princess Celestia, for the very first time Twilight had her doubts on an action her mentor had taken.  
Those shining eyes… Rainbow Dash noticed it even more than in the explanations coming from Coldy… She kept looking at Twilight’s face… She was trying to be discreet, since if Twilight notice it, it’d be a awkward situation. Still why was Rainbow feeling annoyed by Twilight presence, why whenever she noticed that Coldy and Twilight’s eyes exchanged views her mind felt stressed. She didn’t want that, she wanted to be alone with him, that the Air-General would teach only her, no one else.  
“Very well that’s all for today, Twilight do you mind if we keep these books in here, so it won’t be a burden to you to take em back every day.” Coldy said with his usual “tired” voice.  
“Oh absolutely sir. I’ll leave them in here. Ohh… The time it’s late already i should go back home before Spike start worrying, I’ll see you later on Air-General Sir. And Dash, great seeing you again, today was funny I couldn’t be happier to be here with you.” The purple unicorn said hugging Rainbow Dash who even though was trying to appear a bit cold, also hugged the friend.  
“Bye-bye you two.” Twilight left the coat going straight to the gates.

“Such a lovely pony, she has a lot of potential with magic, i would not be surprised if she become the second in succession.  
“Excuse-me?”  
“Twilight is the Princess Celestia only pupil nowadays, and her magical power is extremely great, so if both Princess Celestia and Princess Luna disappear for any reason, I’m sure that Twilight would raise as the new queen.”  
“I never thought of that but you surely make sense.” Rainbow Dash said with a sigh.  
“Why’d you sigh? Isn’t her your best friend?” That question hit RD like an arrow on her soul, what should her say, she really was happy for her friend but she felt something weird, perhaps jealousy? But it wasn’t jealousy because of the succession thing, was it because of Coldy? So many thoughts, and questions though none answer.  
“I’m tired, that’s all, i think i’ll head to bed.” She answered now in a very shy tone trying not to sound so insecure.  
“Oh remarkable idea, you’ve done too much today i’m sure a good night of rest will make you some good.”  
Rainbow Dash got in the room, slowly closed the door, and lied down her head on the bed. but with the rest of the body still standing up. A chill came by her all body… She stand up and left the room getting back to the living room where Coldy was sitting on the old co-commander’s chair.  
“Excuse me… breeez…” Rainbow dying of shame said in a shy voice moving towards to Coldy in a very slow gallop.  
Cold Breeze looked up to her pink shining eyes, she seemed distant although the shine on her eyes indicates the opposite, she was softly shaking in shame when in sweet voice asked him:  
“Please don’t stay up another day, the bed’s large enough to both of us, I don’t see anything wrong with that given the fact we’re roommates right?” Rainbow Dash’s heart was beating faster and her shaking was even more intense.  
Coldy looked at the cyan pegasus with rose pink eyes trying to give a cute smile even though it isn’t what she’s used to do. He knew something was different on Dash, but he couldn’t tell what could it be, but he wasn’t complaining, something on Rainbow always made him feel more comfortable, he knew he liked her.  
“Miss Dash are you asking me to join you to bed?” He asked on his usual voice looking at her, now visualizing her cyan fur, her colorful mane, her perfect straight tail soft as a cloud. What was he thinking…  
“I’m asking you not to tire yourself staying awakened when you can easily sleep with me, nothing much right? I mean friends can sleep together at the same bed without problems.”  
“Since you put this way Miss Dash, I’ve to accept your invitation.”  
Both of them went to the bedroom together, Rainbow Dash was feeling nervous whereas Coldy was feeling more relaxed than usual, as a short rain started to fall the whole place was looking a lot more charming, both lied down, as Dash stared her left, Coldy stared his right, both of them trying to prevent eye contact as the situation was already odd enough. The sound of the rain was the only thing breaking the silence, when the Air-General said in a formal voice, slightly turning to Dash:  
“Good night miss Dash.”  
“We’re at the same bed Coldy, you don’t need to be formal even though nothing much is happening.”  
Cold Breeze smiled to himself and changed his tone to something sweeter: “Sleep well dashie.”  
“Sleep well coldy…” Rainbow Dash wasn’t in the clouds, but that was by far her best night of sleep…

Two weeks have passed, the days were all alike, morning flying and fighting practice, a good pause for some lunch, studying, sometimes with Twilight, others Rainbow and Coldy were alone, and at the dawn of the day, the free time was usually a not rigid speed contest between Coldy and Rainbow, a good practice he believed to be, RD nearly always win given the fact his wings weren’t any young anymore.  
The days were passing fast for Rainbow, she was living a hard working season something not really common to her, but until now she had only appreciated all of what was happening, especially those nights sleeping closer and closer to Coldy, for some reason the warm of him always made her feel more comfortable than in any other bed she had ever been in.  
Dash was doing speed assassinations training while Coldy was talking to Commander, in this afternoon, cloudy nearly raining day, when the Air-General requested his pupil presence.  
“Yes Coldy? What happened?” Rainbow, always at alert to please him answered.  
“Here, Twilight just left it in here so you’d use now, it’s big time, Princess Celestia will be here shortly for the meeting.” Coldy handed Rainbow Dash’s ruby necklace that contains her power as Element of Loyalty.  
“Why are you holding it? Besides I thought we weren’t allowed to have them in hoofs unless it was required in a crisis.”  
“You see miss Dash, this is yours to be used anytime you desire, even why the odds of all 6 of you use the power for something evil are mean less, so there are no reasons to prevent you from having it anytime you desire to wear it.”  
“Still why would I wear my necklace? To go to this whatever is going to happen?”  
“Perhaps Celestia never told you to prevent some complications but the truth is that the title of an Element is officially a nobility title in Equestria, one of the highest titles.”  
“Like a Princess?”  
“Lower, the title of Element is same ranked as Marquis, between duke and baron.”  
“Duke’s almost a princess right?”  
“Indeed so you see you’re able to join the council for votations if you desire to. And that’s the time to you vote in favor for something.”  
Rainbow Dash took the necklace and placed it on her neck. “Okay let’s do it.”  
Both pegassi entered the main cottage in the camp, the main room had a large table, flags on top, place had guards in all four walls, it was greatly illuminated, Princess Celestia was sitting alone in the point of the table, two royal guards on her sides. The remaining places both sides of the table were occupied with some well dressed ponies, RD knew some of them; the Chief Commander of the Royal Guard Shining Armor, Princess Luna, Ponyville mayor, Cloudsdale commander, some noble ponies… The room was so full that Dash didn’t even know what was she supposed to do, the place started to spin, when the Air-General holded her with his hoof and leaded her to the remaining two seats in the large table.  
“Are you feeling alright dashie?” He asked in low profile.  
“Yes, I am. Sorry I just had a little moment of dizziness.”  
Coldy nodded with his head.  
“We are entering a dark moment in Equestria history. The rumors are true and we must find a solution, even though I seek a diplomatic solution to our matters I’m afraid we can’t deny the fact a military force must be raised again.” Princess Celestia opening statement echoed. “So i was given a formal request to reactivate the three forces, Ground Army, Magic Division and Royal Air Force, I took it in consideration and because of it we’re reunited here to a parliamentary vote given the fact I alone can not decide as for I can not see it fair if it remains singularly to my opinion either Break Royal Guard into the three forces or not.” A brief pause on her voice and she continued; “Please state your name your nobility occupation and your vote.” another brief pause and finally her final words; “Princess Celestia vi Equestria, Queen of Equestria I vote for no.”  
“Princess Luna vi Equestria, Princess of Equestria I vote for yes”  
“Commander Iron, Baron of Cloudsdale I vote for yes”  
“Mayor(Baron) of Ponyville, I vote for no”  
“Shining Armor Supreme Commander of the Royal Guard, I vote for yes and Speaking in behalf of my wife, Princess Mi Amore Cadenza queen of the Crystal Kingdom, count as two yes..”  
So the votation continued to every single noble pony present, with Princess Celestia herself keeping the count, despite the need for the army reactivation many of them feared that would be a delay in society advancement, since the more powerful would be the army the higher could fear spread, therefore they voted no. The poll was losing by one vote, when it reached the last two ponies, one of them stand up and in strong voice said their votes sealing the votation.  
“Air-General Cold Breeze, Former General and Tactical Leader of The Royal Air Force, currently vice-Commander out of duty of the Royal Guard and Rainbow Dash, Element of Loyalty from the Mystical Magic Elements of Harmony our votes are yes.”  
“Is that allowed? I don’t believe the title of an Element suffices!” One of the ponies shouted angry with the fact Yes won. Still Celestia said it was official, her title gave her the right to vote as for she would be representing the vote and wish of all other five elements as one.  
The reunion continued, now every responsible pony should reorganize the forces in their respective lands and cities.  
As it ended, everyone left the place, some were happy with the new measures, others were sure that it was all a mistake, Coldy and Dash left the place together walk side by side slowly, the Air-General was content, caring a smile, he kept looking at the starts now appearing on the sky as night came. Rainbow Dash didn’t share the smile, she looked both worried and sad, staring the ground been guided by Coldy’s moving.  
Didn’t took longer to him to see her down face, with a warm touch on the shoulder he cheered her, asking what was the matter.  
“Is just that… Celestia vote was no… And you see she’s also some kind of mentor to me, I feel bad having voted against her ideals… Why is it so important to remake the army forces?”  
Coldy looked around searching for anyone who could become an inconvenience. There were quite many people walking by that field, so he got close to Dash…”  
“Follow me, I’ll tell you the reason.” With that he opened his wings and began to fly straight up, not too quickly, given the fact he’s still rusty, Rainbow surprised took off shortly after, they didn’t flew too fast, Coldy wanted it that way so they wouldn’t call any attention, no rainbows leading to their position…  
They stopped at a very high cloud, where the wet could be felt in their faces, seems like about to rain, but that wouldn’t matter they’re on the raining clouds either way. Coldy seated, Dash also seated front to him. Both were staring each other as Coldy began his explanations.  
“I’ll be extremely honest with you now, all I ask is that you’ll know how to keep such secrets.”  
“Absolutely Coldy you can tell me anything if anything I am the voice of loyalty…”  
He took a long breath before continuing. “There is a threat in Equestria, we’re not sure what’s going on but Celestia and Luna have felt a disturbance on the harmony, something big is about to happen and the army reorganization was a move to make us ready for whatever is to happen.”  
“Do you mean there is the possibility of war…? A war?” Rainbow eyes were full of fear and surprise. “What is it? How? Why…?” She was staring at the cloudy ground, the grey cloud she was, few tears coming from her pinky eyes dropping in there, together with her tears the clouds beneath them started the rain, her tears were between the water drops, she looked up as she felt Coldy hoof touching her back gently, she saw him with a smile, trying to give her the feeling of safeness.  
“I know what a war means, it means pain, suffering, the loss of those who are important to you! I should’ve just joined the Wonderbolts, I’m not a fighter, i’m not a soldier, why do you want me in the Royal Air Force than…” She looked down again more tears coming from her eyes, Coldy walked closer to her nearly hugging her with his wings.  
“Dashie… I know those are hard words to be heard. Like you I’m also fearful for the future of our nation although someone and by that i mean us, we must take the responsibility to protect Equestria.”  
“But why me? There must be at least a dozen more qualified pegasi…”  
“No there isn’t a single better pegasus. Rainbow you are the best pegasus alive, as a flier you’re superior than me no doubts. I needed you not just for the vote, i needed you for your skills your passion your superiority…. no one else.” He hugged her even tighter. “I promise you that everything will be fine.”  
Dash was confused with her feelings, She felt warm and comfortable, she sighed and then whispered to Coldy.  
“I will do my best for our country, for you.”  
“I know you will.”  
Both kept sitting together looking at the moon, magical night of some kind, while the rain kept running beneath them, Coldy kept hugging and stroking her mane gently. they have never been so close, so together, Rainbow slowly closed her eyes, lying her head down on Coldy’s neck. He continued to stroke her back and softly kiss her face between her red, orange, yellow mane. She responded by also hugging him tighter relaxing for once her body against his.  
They stayed that way for a lot of time, just feeling the cold breeze… It was a night no one needed to say a single word in that special moment.

“Dashie, will you go do the things i need you to do? While I go after the first recruitments, beginning with Cloudsdale.” Coldy asked the cyan pony. It’s been 6 days after that night.  
“Yes Sir Air-General, I’ve gotten a to-do list, everything shall be ready this day.”  
“Okay I will leave you with your duties”  
Rainbow Dash took off back to ponyville, it has been over 6 days after that night, she couldn’t take it off her head, no matter what she did, nothing special happened that night even though she couldn’t take it off her head. She had to go to ponyville as a colonel of the Royal Air Force, she was meant to go there organize some required needs for the force. While Coldy would be starting the recruiting, the supposed war was closer and closer and she wanted everything to be at the best organization for Coldy, though she also wanted it to assist her friends of somehow, sparing them from any danger.  
It was when she had the brilliant idea of include somehow all of her friends.  
AppleJack was the first pony she went to see, she informed her that the government of Equestria, would be buying her full apple production, the amount of money was huge, but Princess Celestia paid it all. AppleJack had her biggest sell, with Rainbow Dash. Once Rainbow had all the apples as main food source, she visited Pinkie Pie and made a encomend of canned food for all those apples, Pinkie Pie agreed to make em.  
With food problem solved, given the fact she managed to have a long lasting apple food based in cans, there was only one small lasting thing to go after before calling it for a day. The gala uniforms, that’s right, Coldy had requested her to find out some gala based military suits, for both of them, well Coldy and Rainbow were the leaders of the entire air force in Equestria, that included the Wonderbolts. They really required a greatly made gala military suits.  
Rainbow didn’t had a doubt, she went to Rarity boutique where she would definitely get her best quality products.  
“Hey Rarity, so long since the last time we met.”  
“Indeed darling, It’s been too long, still i recall you’re busy with your new career.  
“But I haven’t forget about all of you!”  
“Of course you didn’t, friends are forever no matter how long you stay without seen them.” Those words made Rainbow happier, yet she did felt guilty of not spending so much time with her friends anymore.  
“So what can i do for you darling?”  
“I’m here because i need to order the new uniforms for the RAF, I know you’re not into this kind of dressing but the paying is good and I’m sure It’d help you financially.  
“You mean the military uniform for combat? Of the entire Royal Air Force?”  
“That’s about right.”  
“Well sure I can do that, I’ll have Sweetie Bell and her friends, plus some other assistants but I’ll manage to have this order complete in no time!”  
“That’s so awesome! Thanks a lot Rarity I’m sure these couldn’t be in any better hands.”  
“Aren’t you forgetting anything Rainbow Dash?” A strong voice came from the door, as the both ponies looked up to it, the Air-General camed inside. “Perhaps our gala Suits?”  
Rainbow Dash cheeks were red, she gave a shy smile and agreed with her head saying:  
“Yeah, Rarity I’d like to also call you a favor… Two gala suits for highest officers, you know, one for him and one for me.”  
“Nothing too much fancy…” Rarity didn’t allowed Coldy to complete his sentence telling him not to worry; “I got this, don’t you worry mister general, I know exactly what to do.” With a smile she went back to her work, Rainbow and Coldy took their ways to the main door, both left the boutique together. Rainbow was hugging Coldy, her left wing was on top of his back, she was happy rubbing gently on him, he also hugged her responding to her rubbing slowly.  
“The meeting will be tomorrow already, are you ready for it?” Coldy warned Dash while they were walking straight ahead.  
“I know it. I’ve taken all the necessary things going on already, the supplies the clothing, how about the recruitment office?”  
“I’ve it done already in both Cloudsdale and Canterlot, two Royal Guards are heading Fillydelphia. Manehattan and the other cities of the west are also ready to recruitment, although the amount of pegasi in those areas is really small.”  
“Well so I suppose we’re ready for tomorrow without a doubt.”  
As both kept walking straight to the camps, Rainbow looked up in the sky and an idea came to her mind.  
“Coldy, there isn’t the need to us to go back to the camps right now.”  
“I suppose you’re right but aren’t you tired already? I see how much work you had organizing all of that, It was wrong of me to give you such a long duty list.”  
“Oh please…” Rainbow with a bad smile tried change the subject; “It wasn’t long at all, in fact the hardworking will come from my friends, all I did was request and pay with Celestia’s money haha…” She looked down and took enough courage to do the first question she had in mind; “You see, my house is just over there, up in there, been a long time since the last time I was indoors of my own house.”  
“Oh I see, of course Ms Dash, you may spend the night at home, just don’t forget the time tomorrow.” Dash gasp, not sure what to say next she insisted again:  
“I was wondering at myself, why won’t you join me for the night? A sleepover if I must say.  
Coldy looked at her slightly confused but answered quickly; “Alright, let’s go there then” With a shining smile on his face; “It should be fun.”  
They took off the ground, flying in soft moves, both catch em selves looking at eachother every time. The longer Dash could stay at his side the happier she felt, it’s has been so long since the first time they have first met, that her dream was partially realized, now his dream has also been accomplished. Didn’t that mean both had space for a new one? A shared dream… Dash isn’t silly at all, she definitely knew how feelings somehow become stronger and stronger for that older pegasus, she knew those weird chills, the beat of her heart, the tickling in her wings going to the point of her feathers wasn’t natural.  
They reached RD’s home, Dash opened the door of the cloud fortress, her rainbow fountains no longer were there, yet the clouds remained pure white.  
Both of them got inside the house, Dash showed him a seat in the living room, and asked whether he’d like something to drink or eat, she wanted to take her chances at making a nice though quick dinner, still what if he didn’t want to eat anything? She couldn’t afford to have a ruined mood over anything.  
“I suppose we could drink something Ms Dash.”  
She tried not to display her smile, looking rather indifferent but in the inside she was literally all rainbows of joy with the positive answer; “Oh yes, anything in special?” She asked him trying to do a seductive eye look, but hardly managing as her face wanted to keep smiling.  
“It’s all up to you.” He answered with a positive nod.  
Rainbow, ran to the kitchen, picked up two glasses and a bottle of cider, came back to the living room as quick as she could. Bringing along with here the both mugs and the cider, she put them at the center table and serve the muggles, completely unsure of what she was doing, or, attempting to do she offered it to Coldy. They sat at the balcony, watching the full moon far away, Dash took long sips in her mug, avoiding eye contact with Coldy for a moment, only aiming for the outside, she kept staring the breaking clouds further in the horizont, she kept looking at the infinite of starts involving the full moon, it wasn’t dark, the clouds had a blue colour that started to amaze Rainbow, the more time pass by the more she stared the outside, she came back to herself with Coldy’s softly calling her name.  
Dash looked quickly at the Air-General with surprised eyes, her pinky eyes went small in surprisingness, it was like she had fallen asleep somehow with her staring to the outside, she looked down to her mug, it was empty already, not only the mug but the whole bottle. Unsure of what had happen and for how long it happened she started now looking at Coldy, giving him a positive nod.  
“Ms Dash…”  
“Coldy…” Her heart exploded in emotion, she was feeling a chill all the way through her spine. climbing slowly moving her head towards him, as he also looked right into her eyes, they got closer, but Dash shame got the best of her, she turned her head around, and ended up hugging Coldy. She soon got fearful that she might have done something very wrong, though as she felt Coldy hugging her tighter and covering her with his wings she felt so protected and comfortable she closed the eyes, both lied down together in the balcony and slept for the rest of the night together hugged with wings.  
In the morning, the cold and wet breeze was gently blowing on Dash’s mane, her yellow, orange and red strands of hair in the top were all messy, softly moving along with the wind. Her eyes slowly opened to the first rays of sun, she looked around without moving an inch of her body, only her bright pink eyes. She gave a silent sigh and made herself more comfortable as she was still lying down with Coldy hugging her. Before she could think of what to do or what to say in that moment, Coldy himself greeted her with a good morning with a very soft and gentle voice.  
“How did you know I was up?” She asked with a calm tone though she was really surprised.  
“I’m awake for over a hour already, and I felt your muscles tense and then soften again, which means that you had just woken up.” The answer made Rainbow feel a bit bad, did that mean she had taken too much time sleeping? Was he mad somehow…?  
“I’m sorry I never wanted to waste your time if that’s what you meant…” She said not in a aggressive way as costume but in a disappointed way.  
“I’m not the type who sleeps much, though I’m definitely the kind who enjoys good company especially in such a comfortable way.” He poked her with his feathers.  
“Well, I have my lazy moments for that matter but I do agree, having the right company excludes any need for something else in moments like this one.” Rainbow stated as she also cuddled with him. They said together at RD’s place and had lunch in there leaving only by the time to get in the meeting on time.  

It was already afternoon, around 2 o’clock by the time the two pegasi were standing by the door, Rainbow Dash couldn’t stop to stare the old Air-General, meaning she hardly realized Rarity coming over next to her.  
“My Darling, I’ve just finished your suits, I’ve to say this work seems to be my very best! One thing is design some fashion cloths, but in here I had to make something both beautiful! Glamorous! And serious!”  
“Less details Ms Rarity, we’re unfortunately almost late so if we could change as quick as possible…”  
“But of course, pardon me.”  
Rarity, stepped aside from the both pegasi, opened her both backpacks and took their suits off it with her magic, heading each suit to its owner.  
Rainbow Dash took it with her main hoof, her eyes shined for a moment, the suit was gorgeous and yet extremely professional. Her admiration to the official dress was only interrupted by the touch of Coldy hoof in her back mane, remembering her of their upcoming duty in just a few minutes. Coldy told her he’d meet her at the front door to huge conference tend. So RD ran to the closest smaller tend, puted her outfit on, made sure she was good looking, though she was enough sure she’d definitely be since it was another masterpiece by Rarity.  
The Air-General was already dressed up with his formal suit, by the door, awaiting for Dash, when with coldest of all breezes softly stroked his face and mane, he looked up and saw with all the glamour he could think of, the image of that beautiful cyan pegasus coming toward him with a classical yet elegant royal air force uniform from Cloudsdale grand officers times. As she came next to him, he looked her face, not like he usually does, as a master, as a teacher, as a commander, he looked deep into her pinky, now shining with a small tear dropping, and with a silent gasp he has for once broken his own curse. Perhaps there was more in life than the Royal Air Force of Cloudsdale. He had felt so much in so little time, what he was seen in front of him was indeed another reason to be there. Before he had the opportunity to say anything regarding that awkward feeling of warm in his heart, before he could explain himself, about the look he had on her, Rainbow got closer and ignoring anything around, she kissed him, he in surprise ness was only able to respond kissing her back, both hugged with wings and continued to kiss right there, as if nothing else existed for a moment.  
The scene was clear enough for both sides, there wasn’t the need to say any words, what was to happen, happened. After it, it was Rainbow who took a step backwards, she looked straight down staring at her hoofs shining from the golden shoes of the outfit, a bit like the ones in her gala dress but less detailed. When she looked up again, there he was, still in front of her staring far far away in the sky. She was about to open her mouth trying to say something to break the ice in what became an awkward situation but Coldy was quicker than her.  
“We’re late…” He said in a failing voice without looking at the cyan pegasus in front of him, holding somehow her heart through the cloths with one hoof.  
He turned around and moved towards the door, finally opening it and joining the huge meeting tend, RD gasped in frustration, she looked down, she tried to close her wings, but her lack of will was superior, she went inside of the tend with her wings down, she was both extremely happy, excited, yet something had happened, something that made her feel down as well, but she took a long breath, looked up and got back in form, she had to look professional now, she knew every single important figure in the world would be in the next room. She took another deep breath and entered the meeting room.  
The meeting room was gorgeous looking, the royal flags of every country, the huge square table with the representants of each governments and military forces, she gasped with the scene, it was a lot more than she were actually expecting to see, that was probably the most important meeting in the history for many years, only the most important ponies were in there, she felt some enormous pleasure in the situation, she had the wish to show the entire Wolderbolts team how far she managed to get, her pride had reached its limit…  
She didn’t do ugly, walking step by step in an elegant gallop she reached her part in the huge table, sitting beside the Air-General in the small portion for Equestria Military forces bench, beside Cold there was both Princess Celestia and Princess Luna, at her other side by her most notorious surprise Queen Chrysalis and her assistant, some random changeling she did not knew. The table cut in the shape of an L to both sides, in the left one she saw an old griffin with a brown royal cape that seemed to be as old as its user. on the right side of the there was two zebras with military uniforms, carrying tons of medals in the chest. in the center of the table there was this free space,she gave a look on the military bench of Zebra’s Kingdom part of the table, another two male officers with tons of medals in the chest, the Griffin’s Highlands part of the table had the old very old griffin with his very old cape, sitting beside him paradoxically a very young griffin also wearing a brown cape, still it was also new looking. the military part only had the primary officer without his assistant. Rainbow Dash had to stop her thoughts as she heard Princess Celestia starting her opening speech, seen everyone was in there already.  
“Welcome every leader. We are here together to discuss one of the most important matters of our world, as you all know, our nations are going through hard times, it is also from awareness of us all that we must find a solution to our differences and problems, seeking what is best for all of us. With my words I ask who wants speak first to rise up and do so.”  
King Zephyrus from the Zebras Kingdom was the first one to rise, followed by his assistant, and the other two army officers, two Field Marshals.  
“Princess Celestia, I have the most remarkable respect for both of you and your sister.” He said giving a cordial salutation addressed to Princess Luna. “Although we may have reached an impasse with our diplomatic relations, for many years our Kingdom lived in the shadow of Equestria, we are aware that you, your Highness.” This time addressed to Celestia. “Have often offered your assistance and I would be lying if I said it was not helpful. Still my people have reached a point we can no longer stay in this shadow. Our lands are bad for farming, our forests lacks of wood or any value for that matter, and we are facing more nighttime than daytime for quite a long, long time so you can give Equestria the full synchronized 12 hours of day ness and 12 hours nightness. I dare to say we will not continue living this reality, not when there is hunger in my cities.” He paused and right after looking at his fellows gave a nod so everyone would sit again.  
“King Zephyrus, I try bringing the sun on its best moment for the entire world, I don’t abuse my power to bring benefits only to Equestria, if your nation is suffering from hunger with the bad farming, we would be more than offering food free of charge.”  
“It’s not about the food only, Celestia, we have seen this episode before, we have had our similar problems in the pass and you did helped as you could, but now I see how you were only preventing us from rising up against you, you want to prevent a conflict yet you allow your own citizens to discriminate our race, most of your “ponies empire” see themselves superior to any other race.” He said now staying sit.  
“We are a disciplined nation your Majesty.” Luna said in her royal strong speech.  
“I am not here to doubt on the qualities you all possess, I am here to refrain what we do not possess, and that is freedom.” he stopped his line by nodding at his Main Marshall.  
“Zebras Kingdom request territories, all of them below the line 37 in official world map, the territories should be given to our government free of their current residents, we are also declaring that any ponies independent of their race is now forbidden to cross the border, and we request any Zebra resident in Equestria to return to the Kingdom.”  
“Those lands are territory of Equestria for almost 1500 years, and I can not take away ponies homes, Zephyrus you make your proposal impossible to attend, and I believe you done in purpose.” Celestia replied with sadness in her eyes but a confident face.  
“We’ll never know.” He replied quietly.  
“So Equestria denies the Zebras Kingdom demands.” Luna vi Equestria affirmed.  
“We are keeping the border line where it belongs, and now we have officially closed it to any Zebra, regardless if it’s a political prisoner in a runaway.” Cold Breeze affirmed following Luna’s line.  
“Ms Dash, take an official note please.” he said in a light voice only she could hear.  
“By decret of the Ministry of National Guard any Zebra that possess no diplomatic immunity is now enemy of the state and it should be immediately arrested, also by decret our border with Zebras Kingdom is officially closed. Assigned by the Royal Air Force commander, Air-General Cold Breeze.” with a pause he continued. “delivery it immediately to Shinning Armor.”  
She nodded as she had already finished writing down what he commanded. She standed up and discretely walked towards one of the Royal Guard, now Magical Division once again, officers that was in charge of this of this kind of delivery thing. As she approached him, she called him.  
“Captain please, send this immediately to Canterlot main fort, to Commander Shining Armor of the Magical Division.” she said giving him the sealed letter.  
“Right away Colonel Dash.” And so he left in a hurry.  
Rainbow went back to her sit feeling even more excitement, she didn’t know exactly until now but it was right, she was the first colonel, only one position downer to Air-General in the rank, it made sense given the fact she was Cold’s right hand.  
As Rainbow Dash sat once again on her seat. Exactly in the same moment she heard King Zephyrus replying to Luna’s response.  
“I see, your highness. So I believe there are nothing else we can solve through diplomatic ways.” He handed himself a piece of paper, containing the war declaration, to Princess Luna.  
“Shall we hear from the remaining represents now? Queen Chrysalis I look forward to know your standing, perhaps the wish of revenge would be satisfied through a guaranteed victory?”  
“I believe I’m staying neutral in this plan of yours, Zephyrus. I’d hate to be a rock on your plans but I also have too much respect for the ponies.” She told to all to hear looking directly in King Zephyrus eyes, ignoring both Celestia and Luna reactions.  
“We’d love to remain neutral with the Changelings, we’ve also decided to open our markets and borders.” Celestia declared giving a positive nod to Chrysalis.  
“Emperor. Your opinion on this?”  
“I am against the thoughts of war…” his line was stopped by dry coughs that echoed in the entire room. “But I do what’s required to our people, I’m sorry i can not continue I’ll be leaving the decisions to my son, he’ll be my voice in this meeting.” The old griffin explained leaving the room with his guards, the younger griffin sat in his father chair, and the other one was taken by the military one, whose chair went to a new officer, it was someone Dash knew better than anyone, amazingly Gilda came and sat, both of them, Dash and Gilda exchanged a quick and sharp look.  
“We share the same interests of the great Zebras Kingdom, Griffins cities in the highlands and mountains are more and more full of citizens and as result hunger, overcrowding, lack of provisions are becoming more and more noticeable. We believe that this could be solved easily if the Pegasi race would give out the secret of clouds restructuring, so we could build cities like the great Cloudsdale ourselves, yet as our requests have been ignored for years, we’ll conquer Cloudsdale for ourselves now.  
“Is that the desire of your father? The Emperor? Or your young blood is just boiling hotter than it should?” Air-General Breeze rumbled in his usual strong yet calm voice.  
“It’s not a desire, I don’t fancy a war nor does my people, but we have to act in order to archive what is best for the nation.” Replied in a vacillating voice, but standing a firm posture as he stared Coldy with judging eyes.  
“I ask you to reconsider your declarations, you may be buying a bigger fight than you can possibly win.” The Changelings Queen advised.  
“Griffins aren’t a cheap race, we are the elite soldiers.” Still in his arrogant way, he answered provoking the Queen.  
Celestia face was tired, she wanted to solve their problems in a peaceful way as she have been doing for the last centuries, she knew the Emperor for almost 150 years, Griffins live nearly as the double as ponies. And she knew he was in the edge of his death, that was something that kept bugging and scaring her for quite a long time already, his son was known to be violent and a war wisher, what she have never expected was King Zephyrus reaction, he was king for not more than 27 years, unlike the Emperor who was ruling for 140 years already. Zephyrus first years of government were a lot in favor to Equestria, Celestia and him manage to open a lot their diplomatic, and when Zecora was named peace diplomat in PonyVille 10 years ago everything seemed to be walking to another thousand years of peace.  
“Where have i failed…” that thought kept bugging her mind on and on as the meeting was heading its end.  
“There’ll be a two weeks cease-fire window starting from now, We believe that is more than fair, We’ll remain the diplomatic rights in our capital, we ask you to mainten the same stand you highness.”  
“Consider it already done.” Luna answered before Celestia had the chance.  
“We are not savages, the military laws are going to applied to both sides, no civilians deaths, and no abuses from any of the forces.” Zephyrus continued.  
“Absolutely…” Celestia was faster at answering now.  
“For that matter, our borders are now also closed, we’ll also keeping the same diplomatic rights as Zebras Kingdom have just done.” Emperor’s son replied, standing up right after followed by his commission. in that moment Rainbow’s heart beat faster again, another sharp look by the both ex-best friends.  
“If you’d excuse us, we’ll be heading back to the Highlands now, there is nothing else to be discussed.” The griffins commission left the main meeting room, Rainbow Dash couldn’t hold her affliction and decided to follow Gilda, the last one in the line what leaded her to the other room.  
“Gilda! What are you doing in here!?” Dash’s nearly yelled with her heart beating even faster.  
As Gilda looked around and spot the cyan pegasus on black and white suit standing in there with her pinky eyes showing somehow fear the athletic griffin turned back to the Emperor’s Son now staring the scene and requested some time to discuss with her.  
“Well, Well, Well, the so awesome and cool Rainbow Dash’s now a colonel? you sure never had the blood of a loser old fella.”  
“And you…?”  
“Major of Griffins Elite Squad, best air force in the world, after our last seen in that denigrating city of PonyVille, I joined some new groups of cool people, and eventually with all my hard work i managed my way up in here.”  
“That’s great! Now we can find out a way how to…”  
“No, Dash… Dash… Dash…” Nodding her head negatively. “You betrayed me, you decided to stay beside some failed ponies that can’t even stand for themselves.”  
“Gilda what are you saying? Are you nuts!?”  
The griffin approached the pegasus, softly rubbing the sharp claws around her neck, making a line in her cyan fur.  
“I won’t let you get away that easily, you will regret for you have done to me. The humiliation, the pain….”  
Dash stayed still, her wings opened slowly, the formally known to be the best, the stronger, the tougher wings in all Equestria. RD’s move did worked, her beautiful strong cyan wings wide open caused the griffin to hesitate for a moment though she kept close to her.  
“Gilda, you’re sounding like an insaniac! I never done such things! Listen to yourself.”  
“I am as insane as you were when you dump me like if i was a failure, now look at me, am I a failure still? Am I? But now, I will overcome you finally, I won’t be on your shadow like in flight school, not any longer, NOT ANYMORE!” Gildas screamed in hate, moving away right after the scene.  
“You completely lost it Gilda! You aren’t the one who used to be my friend once! Your obsession for success got the best of you, your sanity was defeated by your craziness.” Rainbow took a second to breath, she looked down in almost despair. “Can’t you see it? You have a problem.”  
“You are a hypocrite Rainbow Dash, who else has problems with failure? Real problems? At least I fight for victory, if I lose, I try harder, what about you? If you lose you get depressed and almost kills yourself, don’t come at me talking about insanity!”  
RD’s mind went straight to the episode of her last failure at joining the Wonderbolts, she really was depressed but she never considered anything in the same magnitude as a suicide. Or did she…? Argh those thoughts, Rainbow’s head began to ache so hard, she couldn’t keep that line of thought.  
“AAHH Leave me alone!” She closed her eyes with force, and when she opened them again, Gilda was by the front door.  
“Goodbye Rainbow Dash, the next time we meet, will be our last meeting, trust me, i will be waiting for it.” And then left the building.  
For a moment she didn’t know how to react, then as her mind was getting back to her full control she walked back to the meeting room. She joined it right when Zephyrus and his commission were leaving, it was all official, Equestria was at war with Zebras Kingdom and Griffins Highlands, she ignored King Zephyrus and his marshals, though the last on in the line holded her shoulder tight.  
“Colonel, only problematic living beings have a desire for war, our King hasn’t been the same lately, he used to make me believe we were as good as ponies race, now I see we’re really no better than savages under high trainament.”  
“Why…?”  
“We all need to have contacts, colonel.”  
“Isn’t that treason?”  
“Depends on the stand of view, I know you’re aware of what to do.”  
“It was a pleasure, Marshal Zephen” She last replied looking at his name in the cloths.  
“Same Colonel.”  
She went back to her sit, Coldy was still there on his big chair, with the cider cup besides him, he had his eyes in some new documents, that weren’t there before, she sat beside him, he didn’t show any reaction regarding Dash’s rejoining him, she on the other hand reacted to his cold with a holded sigh only perceptive by the Queen who got interested by the love bubble she could feel in there, who seemed rather interested on them than what the Two Sisters had to say.  
“Chrysalis please, listen to reason, if you declare support to us, perhaps Zephyrus will reconsider! And I’m sure we can reach the Emperor together, Chrysalis if you help us we can maintence the peace!” Princess Luna insisted as the Queen would, with a remarkable disappointing face, only refuse to take any action.  
“I can not help Equestria, that wouldn’t have a good rumor in Czinukth, I can’t stand revolting citizens in my own country right now because I decided to help old enemies.”  
“You’d be doing something good for your people, your magical powers, all your citizen magic power comes from love, and there is no love in a war, actually it’ll only make the borders of your empire a battle camp, full of despair, not even a night race such as changelings should allow themselves such destiny, you can do something regarding to it!” Celestia emphasized.  
“There’s love everywhere you’d imagine Celestia, even in this very room, there are all kinds of love. As a changeling I’d say your love here for Luna as sister or for the others as a good ruler is far from been the stronger present, teases observing Rainbow’s expression, who feeling how Coldy act cold simply sipping his glass again decided to ignore the Queen, holding any display of blush.”  
Celestia had already lost faith that Chrysalis would eventually offer the help they needed, well she had her motives, and Celestia herself also didn’t fancy the idea of having the Queen’s assistance, even though it wouldn’t definitely prove to be helpful.  
Luna gave a silent whisper, accepting her defeatedness towards all of her insists of changing Chrysalis point of view, Luna had argued and worked on the bureaucratic parts of the entire meeting, specially when Dash was outside, she was exhausted sweating stress by that time she stood up with all the documents and giving a respectful reverence to the Queen she left the room followed by her personal guard, and the shadowbolts captain. She didn’t bother saying more than a few words to her sister, and didn’t addressed any farewell to either Coldy or Rainbow.  
Celestia took her papers and organized them in a backpack that given to one of her guards, requesting it to be placed at her main office at the Canterlot Castle of Two Sisters, then turned to stare at the Queen again, Celestia worried eyes could be reflect in Chrysalis emerald-green eyes. Don’t you fear the Zebras? was her question breaking the silence.  
“I don’t fear them any more than your Air-General, I do not scorn them, I’m aware of how capable are Changelings to fight in wars. Military service was always an obligation in Czinukth unlike in Equestria.”  
“What about the griffins?” celestia asked wandering, unsure how to proceed.  
Chrysalis had a small wavering, before she answer to the Princess question, in a not so much stronger voice anymore, seeming to flinch a bit:  
“They are remarkable creatures, not the most smart and intelligent of the races, but extremely skilled fliers and combatants, I am sure Pegasi nowadays, under such a suitable training can equal their forces, and honestly I wouldn’t doubt if you’re superior. But changelings, we are a magical race, though we can fly well, our strength is stored in magic, some battles where the speed of their melee attacks is too high, our magic may become useless.”  
“They’re remarkable fliers, I won’t deny, yet they may lack too much organization, between so many reasons, the arrogancy, common in the griffins race, its a main flaw that slows them to achieve success.” Coldy emphasized drinking the last of his distilled cider.  
“I agree, sigh, Celestia I will remain neutral for the war, but you have my assistance, in fact I might make available for your use my special operation team, with the best and most powerful changelings in the army, that can sustain fake images longer the few minutes limit usual in the most of us, they’re nearly as good as I at the mirroring.”  
Celestia was taken by surprise, and though she was filled with joy seen that she managed to make Chrysalis almost an ally, she didn’t wanted to discuss about the battles, she stood up like Luna did before, and with a shining smile she thanked the Queen, saying that the border would be wide open for Changelings as longer the alliance chances kept the high stands.  
“For now I’ll be leaving the reunion, your highness may discuss things regarding the military and intelligence proposals with my air forces commander, Air-General Cold Breeze is one of my most faithful officers which I have complete trust, he will be my voice for now on.” As she finished the line, she looked at both Coldy and Dash still showing that warmful smile, she thanked both her officers and left followed by the Royal Guard.  
Coldy, now with serene eyes, gazed at the Queen, and with a small smile he began,  
“I intend to end this war as soon as possible. I have lived an unusual life, gathered a set of skills that will allow me to do what it takes to find the ending of this war, and I believe it will be sooner than our new enemies could ever expect.”  
Queen Chrysalis wasn’t surprised. She had seen the Air-General in action in a considerably distant past.  
“And what exactly are you planning to do?” She asked with a smirk.  
“I may not have the answer to this mess yet, but I’m sure to find the solution, and when I do, I hope to be able to count on your help.”  
The Queen looked down, for an instant, before replying to Cold’s last sentence.  
“In the name of our old friendship, I suppose i can help you with some of my agents for any special plan you come up with. but for that matter I’d rather talk about it privately in the future. You see, I’m already quite exhausted from this reunion.” She stood up, followed by all of her commission, walking straight to Coldy.  
“Always an honor, your highness.” Coldy finished by kissing her hoof in a signal reverence. That done, all the changelings left the room, leaving only Coldy and Rainbow Dash, as he requested the Equestria major to leave with the changelings embassy.  
Rainbow Dash felt extremely uncomfortable with the last scene she had seen, stacking with the fact Breeze seemed to be acting a lot cold with her, that didn’t pleased her although she tried keeping in mind the whole situation and how he probably was trying only to be most professional possible, and fearing she’d distract him during the meeting he rathered not to look at her frequently. “Its a good explanation”. She kept thinking already torturing herself with such thoughts, such thoughts that have never really been on her mind before.  
“Pack everything up, I will need those papers in our new HQ at Cloudsdale by this night, I have a lot to work on, and a lot to people to meet with, in fact send a telegram to Shining Armor, requesting his presence at Cloudsdale RAF HQ after tomorrow in the afternoon, explain to the Magic Division commander how important is to him to meet me.”  
“Right away.” She answered to her superior command with a slightly disappointed voice.  
As she began to write the telegram to commander Shining Armor, and all the thoughts she had in mind were troubling her almost at extreme points, she felt a soft touch in her mane, right where her cold strips were she could feel Coldy give her a gentle stroke that was in fact alleviating her stress. He wasn’t even looking at her, but he knew that’d help her, and she definitely knew that was helping her get back in focus.  
So much had happened in that day, she was finally over with the telegram and now, picking up the papers and storing them into her backpack, she was once getting lost in middle of her thoughts, in that day she had felt everything she could feel, she saw one of dearest friends, at first what filled her heart with the joy of company, by the small time Rarity was with them, and later, the kiss, Ah the kiss, she closed her eyes in shame, what did it mean!? Why had her done such thing, she was stupidly happy and worried, until now she still felt the same way about it when she had just kissed him. There was also Gilda, her once best friend now had her as an enemy, and all the officers, all the informations, she stood up and walked by the middle of the room, unsure where she was going to, she kept her gallop staggering.  
“Its alright, everybody have already left, put it out.” The Air-General advised looking at her from a distance now.  
She didn’t understood him at first but then when her head started hurting more and she felt like dropping in the ground she realized what he meant. She took a hard cough followed by a throw up. Nothing but some liquids left her mouth, still trying to keep her class she quickly got back to herself and stood in a formal position.  
“It wasn’t anything more than stress, you will be fine now.” A quick pause. “Your brain had too much information all at once, as he wasn’t managing to process everything together he requested you a break, I imagine that whatever you were thinking, or trying to think at least have left your head in those moments.”  
“In fact you’re right, I had a lot in my mind, when you told me to throw up I just did it and by that I quitted thinking making me feel slightly better.” She speaks with a rougher voice now.  
“Rainbow, do what i asked you to and then go take a break from your duty. I don’t want to see you in the HQ or the training camp for the following 3 days.”  
“But…! I am your assistant, your field helper, that’s what my title as colonel stands for!”  
“You’ll be of better help if you’re rested and with a clean mind, besides…” He stopped suddenly.  
“Besides…?”  
“I want to see you alright, please just take a break, do it for your own good, and for me if you must.”  
Rainbow Dash couldn’t argue with those caring, almost begging words coming from a pegasus who was winning her heart. She accepted his terms and left the meeting room, leaving him to go fulfill her last obligations given by him in Cloudsdale before going back home for her rest.

The sunlight began to touch Rainbow’s eyes, that comforting feeling of warmness spreading through her body, she slowly opened her eyes, the sunlights were cutting through the cloud walls and windows, she went from one side of the bed to the other, daydreaming with her thoughts, she couldn’t avoid it, so much to wonder, so much to decide, so much to do, she felt like keeping in there on her bed, wandering with her feelings and thoughts the entire day, Coldy would appreciate if she stayed and rest likely, still she had what to do, she had who to see, she couldn’t waste anymore time, it was official the nation was in war, and there weren’t any international conflicts in over 25 years, that’s only slightly more time than RD was around in this world.  
Moving on bed to a side to another, Who’d she meet first? She forced a fake smile to herself, her long no seen parents? “Naahh” She thought, she had rough childhood at home, and when she was placed at flight school away from home she had promised herself she wouldn’t live with them again, ever since she left the school she was managing her life in PonyVille and well she managed to grow big, now with a more natural smile she glanced at her high officer suit.  
It was way after lunch time already,as she joined the bathroom and placed her face on the cold water, heart starting to beat faster as bad thoughts came to her… all at once, she still hasn’t have the will to leave home. She was at the first time thinking the worse… That pain, loss, death… A war could only bring despero and hurt… But she was so determined in doing the right thing… She knew she’d not fail Coldy…. or were she?, if she failed it wouldn’t matter, she had accepted a term where failing was the same as losing it all.  
Her depression seemed to strike her even deeper as she kept without lunch… roaming alone in her own house lost in thoughts that would either be desperating or saddening, she kept that vague wonder… closing eyes for a second, deep breaths along with even deeper sighs while trotting to her kitchen, interrupted by a cold shiver down her spine caused by the cold breeze, she quickly open the both pink pearl eyes and sees she’s at the balcony of her room just one hoof step to fall from it… she glances the fall with a sarcastic smile, so what if I had fallen I am Equestria’s number one flier was the thought she tried sticking on her mind. Also an important piece on Royal Air Force… Haha! she started to laugh. “I am beyond the expectations for any pegasi… That’s what I need… a quick flight then I can get to eat something…” Deep breath, gets ready and set to jump off the balcony… when she…. hesitates.  
There was no use, Rainbow had never hesitated to just fly, knowing the skill of flight better than any other pegasus her heart would beat as fast as ever she was completely frighten she couldn’t move a centimeter of her wings, looking worse than a child learning, she was angry, scared, frustrated she couldn’t move her wings she couldn’t jump she could not move, her hooves and wings, everything failed her, and so was her eyes as everything seemed getting darker.  
“AHHHH!!!!!!!!” She screams screams all her lungs out, trying to get back to self, shouting “I have the wing power record of the history!!! MY WINGS ARE THE HEALTHIEST THE BEST THE STRONGER!!!! SO WHY WON’T THEY MOVE…..!!” She yelled losing force though… shaking her four hooves…. slowly getting down until she’d lie down on her own belly weeping silently…. her thoughts would repeat over and over the same question, “why?” “why?” “why?” Without a single answer coming to her, nothing but shivers.

It was one of those deep and dark nights, with so many clouds there would be no light outside if not by the burning lamppost of the calm Canterlot, the glorious and huge capital of the greatest nation on the world was in deep silence, most ponies were leaving the capital afraid of the upcoming conflict, Celestia herself payed efforts to help citizens to move to more isolated areas so the Ground Army could start fortifying the city, the Government HQ the Two Sisters Castle was already a true fortress and there would be only political or military ponies around that central area of Canterlot.  
In one of those windows of the castle complex, located at the Royal Guard Intelligence offices now the Magical Division HQ the white unicorn was reading the last reports of troops organizations, both Ground Army and Magical Division worked side by side with most of the old Royal Guard protocols.  
Shining Armor’s candle by the table was burning alone, sitting lonely at his office, often he’d stare out the window by his side between the solid rock walls pretty by the long silk flags, he had the face of whom’s feeling lonely and the cold wet night would only worsen it.  
It has being only two days after the war declaration, Shining Armor was back to the capital against will, his thoughts were to focus on his wife back at the Crystal Kingdom, left alone to rule the small Kingdom by herself in such period did worry him regardless of how capable he believed in her, Still he could not pretend he had no oath of loyalty with Princess Celestia he would always serve to her need, specially for the safety of other ponies.  
“Ahhhhh….” He allows to sigh whilst thinking how much of a hard times were to come. He wished there was an easier way to solve it, then he thought who didn’t… another sigh… murbling… “why couldn’t Celestia try to negotiate more with the Zebra’s king” and he still didn’t accept the idea that the Emperor wasn’t at the meeting, he bite the lips using magic to move a couple of reports away when by sudden his eyes meets the sealed telegram, picking it and smelling it….. ah…. he smiles when realizes the Royal Air Force seal and the smell could only be from Rainbow, Shining Armor grow great interest in all of his little sister friends and he had an extra care for the multicolored pony.  
Opening the letter and reading Cold Breeze’s request he bites lips and scratches hoof on mane, he knew that the Air-General had a plan, Royal Air Force always was the special force to these secretive missions, and Cold Breeze had a curriculum of successful missions, picking his glass of distilled cider and drinking in large gulps. After a deep thought he concluded that the old officer should be the next step for him to go, he raised up from the chair and trott to his backpack picking up couple of material and head straight to his room back at the two sisters castle in order to have a long deep bath and sleep for the next day he would departure to Cloudsdale.  
||

At that same cold night, the Princess had her glorious eyes on Cold Breeze, the story between those two was short but she was no stranger to his accomplishments ever since she returned he was her intelligence officer on ShadowBolts, where he stayed behind the scene just waiting the time to return on action. Coldy was drinking slowly, he would stare constantly at the documents placed in front of him on the small coffee table in middle of the living room, the big cloudy like room in the top of one of the many towers on the cloudsdale government fortress, it had a night theme and it was darker than other rooms, the only light would be either from Luna’s own magic or the fireplace front of them. The two were on what you could call “a meeting that never happened” Luna had asked her loyal servant to end the war before it would even start and so had him come up with the most logical plan to attend his highness wish.  
He had thought of that entire speech to give Luna, the plan the date the location, it was all there on those papers besides his drink but the true is that all of those ponies were rather tired the stress had overtaken the holy land and he would explain it slowly making sure the Princess understood every sentence been really .  
Coldy’s deep thoughts were terminated when Luna in a very understanding and trusting voice mentioned to him gently, paradoxing to her usual speech, “General, We ask whether thou believes it shall work? if we’re caught doing something of such proportion during the war recess we’ll lose everything we build so far, that is their trust on us, though if you entrust me that this can work in the benefit of Equestria I Shall Hoof you my approval.”  
Those were every single word Coldy needed to hear, he could do his plan finally, he had her trust and mostly he had trust in his plan, he had trust all the agents he’d used…. when he gasped cold, Luna didn’t notice anything as he quickly quit the thoughts of having Rainbow at action at last, regardless all the hard working he had his worries. “You have my word your highness, it will work.” Both ponies exchanged eyes of trust, Princess Luna took all the documents of the plan taking’m to somewhere safe.  
Coldy left the room in silence, trotting at a calm pace, through the long stairways reaching the main hallway and guiding to the front of the fortress, deep breathing as the evening breeze would move his mane, looking up and stretching wings… About to set off when a running officer comes calling for Coldy carrying a telegram for him.  
“Good thing I managed to get your attention just in time mate, this one has a Royal Seal on it, its urgent as well.” The guard hooves the telegram to Coldy’s wing, opening it with the feather blades, and staring at the letter, deeply breathing as throwing the Changelings Royalty seal away, looks at the guard with a smile: “Good thing indeed, with this I believe we should be alright, fancy yourself a good night of rest, and pray to that the intelligence doesn’t fail.” Ends taking his way off the fortress flying off inside the cold night.”  
||

“Rainbow! Rainbow Wake up!” The worried voice followed by the hoof pats awoken the pegasus, who stared right back the friendly unicorn in front of her.  
“Twi….” Rubbing hooves on eyes, “What happened… looking at the bright sun, I think I naped…. some… what time is it?”  
“8:20(AM), I decided to come over to see on you, when then you were laying down in here.”  
“Darn it, I slept the entire day…. its morning already…. sigh…” Rainbow showed how tired she was, at least her mind was no where near of any of yesterday thoughts, she gazed at Twilight and then smiled for the first time in so long saying on a better tone now:  
“I was worried, I think I stayed too much far from my dear friends” leaving a short gag, “I wish you and I could do something fun today Twilight, if you’re not busy, since, you see, I have the entire day off…”  
Twilight found odd, that was the first time she’s seen Rainbow off duty since the whole political tension has taken place, although she soon realized given how stressed her friend was that she could really do a day off.  
The unicorn finally agreed with her friend, coming closer to her and giving a warming hug, having both going indoors where she would convince Dash to take a long bath whilst she would prepare some breakfast for her, a breakfast that sure made Dashie glad to see on the table as soon as she left her bathroom all washed up, with a cute smile she thanked her friend having both sitting on the table of their meals, while talking about how important the upcoming events on Equestria would be, their main concern were at their friends back in Ponyville specially hers besties, Twi tried thanking Dash for finding such important tasks and jobs to all of her friends using their main skills in order to aid in the battle, Rainbow refused it saying she was just been thoughtful for those she cared at.  
The dinner and living room sure looked way brighter than the last day, Twilight was a caring and thoughtful pony herself and made sure to organize the place, adding pretty red flowers to the table, bringing fruits and preparing Dash a juicy sandwich with coffee, both sit front to each other in the white table on center, Rainbow didn’t hesitate into feasting at it as soon as both were done talking, making Twilight proud of her efforts.  
Rainbow finished her plate before Twilight as expected, getting up from her chair holding the empty mug and plate with wings taking it to the kitchen, Twilight still trying to be helpful and sweet to her immediately offered to wash the dishes but rainbow was in a better mood already and she wanted to play with the soap and water one of her mysterious enjoyable things to do, as she turns on the water, and starts rubbing her soapy hooves on the dishes as long as Twilight would bring hers to her.  
“So how about an enjoyable girly day for us Dashie, you deserve some softness after all the pain you had to endure my sweety.” Ms Sparkle says in a motivating tone as soon as Rainbow was done with her washing. what made it impossible to Rainbow to decline such invitation, both ponies left Rainbow’s sky house.  
As they reached a cute restaurant where Pinkie Pie once worked at without much effectiveness, Rainbow felt once again hungry, requested Twilight to have a meal there, whom accepted immediately.  
The Pegasus and Unicorn entered the restaurant in slow pace, as they pass by the white snow wood building heading to a cute metallic and glassed coffee table sitting down on fluffy chairs, the lighten walls with motivating paintings spread all over, cheerful place of which possesed a great waitress service as one came to their table hoofing them the menu, Twilight with a gentle smile asked only for a cold coffee while Rainbow wanted to eat more solids choosing a big sandwich.  
As Rainbow looked to Twilight eyes, in a distracted manner wondering what to say next, then she stares to the arounds, starting to think on escape routes and possible targets…. sighing closing eyes as Twilight finally spoken.  
-Rainbow, I might not understand all fully what is happening although I know when a friend of mine is in trouble, I can see your stress, please if you can’t do everything Air Force needs you to we could speak to Princess Celestia and…  
~~Twilight stop… How can you aim to be princess if you won’t open your eyes to the war we’re facing… if what I do fails…. ponies will die… friendships will be dissolved… I can not let such happen… ~~ Shakes hooves constantly closing eyes….  
Twilight sighs in defeat, patting hooves on her head, Looks away…  
-We shall see…

END OF FIRST ACT

START OF SECOND ACT

Several weeks has passed  
Once again the sunny day, with blue cyan skies shining so bright, down on the green ground you could see Rainbow trotting on solid pace through the the park at the high hills of Canterlot, She had a renewed trust on herself, her spirit was back onto her. Although her confidence on herself been back she yet seemed annoyed, going without stop thinking of her last argue.  
She sighed, the memories of Twilight and her once again fighting over the plans they’re supposed to execute weren’t pleasing. She stop at a small lake and looked for the Canterlot Castle that could be seen far on the downing horizon, her heart had betrayed her, she wanted to go and check on her friend out of an understanding of loyalty to………. (unfinished got the wish to finish it now with the derpi badge~)
Fleetfoot
Fleetfoot - For Patreon supporters
Perfect Fleetfoot Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ saucy Fleetfoot images with 350+ upvotes (Perfect Pony Plot Provider)
Woona - To my most special somepony~
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Tree of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Responsible Disclosure - Lessons from Furbi

Senior Moderator
Fletch the Enfield
@ArmadilloEater  
Will do my best, my boyfriend also thinks I should totally get back at writing, I have been on such a better moment in my life right now with every thing working I feel I can do a great contribution to the fandom yet, I just got my first commissioned draw today, all is roses so far! xD
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide