Story Wars

And Brother I Hurt People
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
The 1% - Uploaded 1% or more of the site's images
Squirrel - "Is there a badge for being an oblivious fuck?"
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Thread Starter - /dis/the-cringe-thread
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

Need to get over your writer’s block? Want to get your fingers moving? Then I have the best cure in the world. Enter “Story Wars.”

Story Wars is a website that flourishes on chain messages. People post the beginning of a story. It is your job to write the second part of that story, competing with whomever else decides to write one as well. After a certain time period, people will vote on the best part. The one with the most votes gets posted as the official second part, and the cycle begins anew.

There are two cool things about this - A, that you response can be as long and short as you want it to be, meaning that you have a lot of creative freedom with how you want to respond, and B, there’s a ton of varied stories out there to build upon. Additionally, the site has a fanfiction section, meaning that you can actually write MLP chains if you want to continue the spirit of the forum (I’d certainly participate!).

In this thread, you can tell us your username (it takes about ten seconds to make an account)* and link us to your stories. The site is a lot more fun when you use it with friends, and I think we should really make a little club out of this. Happy writing!

Users -

Toxicrystal

romantiCaveman

Dave33333

ŽidovskiKrižar

*The site is very much in beta, and tends to spaz a bit on the sign-up section in particular. The first time you make an account, the site is going to tell you that your “username is already taken”, no matter how unique it is. In all probability, it isn’t. Check your email and verify your account to get past this.
Cromanti Cheer
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

I’m signed up! As “romantiCaveman,” surprise surprise.

I’ve already submitted a few drafts. I have a worry that this site might be kind of addictive for me.
Cromanti Cheer

@And Brother I Hurt People  
It doesn’t seem to showcase draft additions to stories on your user page, which is kind of disappointing, as that’s pretty much what I’m doing right now: just adding onto a bunch of random people’s stories.

I’m actually using RANDOM.org to come up with a random number (1-3000) to plug into the URL for the story ID. It’s quite fun to see what comes up. I found one story that kinda devolved into a troll post and then a response to a troll post, and I tried to “continue” what little story was left. XD
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

@romantiCaveman

That’s…brilliant. I’m going to try that.

Oh, I misunderstood. I thought you meant that YOU were posting drafts; I wanted to add on. I can actually understand why they wouldn’t want your drafts public. Then people could vote for your draft based on you as a person, and not the skill of your writing. Which destroys the entire purpose of drafts.

Personally, I like filling out ones that clearly come from children. I like following their absolutely erratic train of thought. Never thought I’d be writing a serious story about a purple-haired anime protagonist who’s being haunted by possessed fruit.

I have discovered my new favorite habit on this website (because I am a terrible person).

Take some innocent, simple story and turn it horrible really quick.

Take this one, for example. I wrote about a response about how the protagonist’s perfect date would be watching her boyfriend die a slow death of hypothermia, all the while toturing him with mentions of heat and comfort. I love it.
Cromanti Cheer

DIS GON’ BE GUD.

I sent you both invites to the two stories I found with RANDOM.org. You don’t have to write anything for them, but I’m sure it would make some young author’s day to randomly find a bunch of drafts for their forgotten story.

Oh, I misunderstood. I thought you meant that YOU were posting drafts; I wanted to add on. I can actually understand why they wouldn’t want your drafts public. Then people could vote for your draft based on you as a person, and not the skill of your writing. Which destroys the entire purpose of drafts.

Oh, damn, you’re right. I completely forgot about that. The voting business should be kept anonymous and all.

full

I don’t know why, but I burst out laughing.

@toxicrystal

I can’t imagine that my boyfriend would like that. :P

@romantiCaveman

For some reason, my notifications screwed up, so I don’t have the invites. Sorry. :(

Also, I’m writing a draft for your Yellow Diamond story. It reminded me that I really wanted to make a Fire Emblem chain…

@romantiCaveman

Well, as long as you read the other ones (to my memory, there was one that I think gave mine a run for its money), I wouldn’t mind since I trust you. And if you didn’t, just do so in the future.

You’re welcome! Thank you for writing for mine. :)

Coolly enough (wait, is that even a word), the creator of the site contacted me by email to thank me for making this thread. He seems like a really awesome guy. It makes me want to expose this site to even more people.
Cromanti Cheer

Wow! No kidding, that is pretty cool! (And yes, I did read all the chapter drafts.)

Also, I got your invite for the story duel for the “Jellyfish” story. I’m going to take a wild guess you submitted something horribly subversive for that story, right?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide