Viewing last 25 versions of post by 97blackbird in topic The Continuing Adventures of Medi-Bat

97blackbird

@BigBuggyBastage
It didn't take much to stir her into action, BigBug realized. He had just sniffled. A tiny sniffle; one that was done more out of boredom than need. But that was enough. The grey medibat leapt up in a flurry of leathery wings and returned with a fresh tissue in her hoofs like she was being pursued by a tiny ghost. She dropped the tissue on his face.

"Are you okay?" She squeaked, hovering at the ready.

BigBug raised a hand to sweep the tissue off his nose, and with a pinch to squeeze out any nasal drip and to satisfy the medibat's sensibilities. A sniffle required a tissue, and the tissue had to be used to put the fluffy flyer at ease.

"Yes, Medi, thank you. I'm fine."

Fine! Did he really just say fine? He had just finished a delicious hot bowl of moderately spicy soup. He was wrapped in an impossibly soft blanket that she had brought, and even tucked him in! Medications were given on a tight schedule, with a hot apple cider that was the perfect temperature for drinking. And not just medications, but also cool packs! Rotated out with fresh ones before they lost their cool! He was fed, warm, aches were cooled, and sniffles were snuffed. This was by far the most comfortable discomfort he had experienced.

"No, scratch that. I'm not fine," BigBug corrected himself.

Medi's cheery smile was replaced with a concerned frown. "What's wrong?"

"You're not snuggling with me anymore."

Medi smiled and shot down to push her furry body into his neck and against his chin, her version of a hug. "Feel better, BigBug!" She squeaked.

He smiled and relaxed, cupping Medi's body with a hand. "I do, Medi. I already do!"
No reason given
Edited by 97blackbird
97blackbird

@BigBuggyBastage
It didn't take much to stir her into action, BigBug realized. He had just sniffled. A tiny sniffle; one that was done more out of boredom than need. But that was enough. The grey medibat leapt up in a flurry of leathery wings and returned with a fresh tissue in her hoofs like she was being pursued by a tiny ghost. She dropped the tissue on his face.
"Are you okay?" She squeaked, hovering at the ready.
BigBug raised a hand to sweep the tissue off his nose, and with a pinch to squeeze out any nasal drip and to satisfy the medibat's sensibilities. A sniffle required a tissue, and the tissue had to be used to put the fluffy flyer at ease.
"Yes, Medi, thank you. I'm fine."
Fine! Did he really just say fine? He had just finished a delicious hot bowl of moderately spicy soup. He was wrapped in an impossibly soft blanket that she had brought, and even tucked him in! Medications were given on a tight schedule, with a hot apple cider that was the perfect temperature for drinking. And not just medications, but also cool packs! Rotated out with fresh ones before they lost their cool! He was fed, warm, aches were cooled, and sniffles were snuffed. This was by far the most comfortable discomfort he had experienced.
"No, scratch that. I'm not fine," BigBug corrected himself.
Medi's cheery smile was replaced with a concerned frown. "What's wrong?"
"You're not snuggling with me anymore."
Medi smiled and shot down to push her furry body into his neck and against his chin, her version of a hug. "Feel better, BigBug!" She squeaked.
He smiled and relaxed, cupping Medi's body with a hand. "I do, Medi. I already do!"
No reason given
Edited by 97blackbird