The Continuing Adventures of Medi-Bat

Joseph Raszagal
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Emily Brickenbrackle III
Scars only serve to commemorate your valiance on the field of combat, honorable battle brother! Wear them proudly and use your wounds to strike fear into the hearts of those who would dare oppose you!
Joseph Raszagal

Emily Brickenbrackle III
Many thanks, battle brother comrade! Now, let us bathe this field in the blood of our enemies!

Considering the context of both words/phrases, wouldn’t “battle brother comrade” technically come off as redundant? xD
Joseph Raszagal

Emily Brickenbrackle III
My uncle would either be severely disappointed in me right now or laughing his ass off xD . He doesn’t speak or read English, but I don’t think I’d have to try all too hard to translate for him x3 .
97blackbird

Farming for medibat CM ideas.  
If you say ‘Red Cross’, please explain why ponies would take that to mean ‘Heath’ or ‘healing’.  
Canon examples are considered.
Joseph Raszagal

Emily Brickenbrackle III
Maybe it would help to think of her as a more general medical practitioner? You know, like a doctor or surgeon that’s usually on-call near the ER.

Medi’s good at her job, very knowledgeable, very energetic, somewhat childish, and enjoys the finer things in life (excessively sugary cereals).
Joseph Raszagal

Emily Brickenbrackle III
It was November 1st, 1916. Deep into the Battle of the Somme, the trenches were filling with bodies. Great Great Gramma MediBat was one of many medics supplied by the Russian Empire to assist the empire’s Western Allies. Short on supplies, the only kind of “medical anesthetic” she had left to offer the ever-growing casualties was high proof vodka.

Loosely translated, she was called “geroy letuchey myshi okopov” by her Russian brethren and “Nurse Silver Flask” by the British (because of her generosity when it came to giving out vodka).
97blackbird

@Joseph Raszagal  
“Sorry soldier, you’re going to die.”  
“Vodka?”  
“Da, I have vodka, but it will-  
“Prost! Comrade!”  
The medibat pours the liquid and clicks the weakly held glass. The soldiers never seemed to care that their death was nigh as long as she was there and her flask was full. She wept behind her smile. They were all so young…
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide