The Continuing Adventures of Medi-Bat

97blackbird

Here’s a short story I’m obviously a bit late on… Happy belated Thanksgiving!

“What was this holiday called again?” the grey batpony squeaked the question. She had failed repeatedly to upright herself on the soft pillow she had reclined on. If she was to be stuck for a while, being sated and supine was a great way to spend her time. “Is it… Glutton’s day?” Medi then shamelessly open-mouth burped.

Blackbird looked over at Joe and Starlight (the communist one), who were passed out from their frenzied search for the perfect vodka sauce variant for roast turkey, and then creating a vodka sauce for every side dish served; including finding a vodka sauce for the vodka sauce. Several empty bottles littered the floor. But he had to admit, they had been successful, as all the sauces were delicious and complimented the foods to which they had been paired. Whether they were sleeping due to their extreme sou chef exertions, or from imbibing the ‘fruits’ of their labor was a matter of speculation.

Big Buggy Bastage remained plugged-in to a marathon gaming session of some international MMO, while chatting several foreigners educating them about the Thanksgiving Holiday, and refining the fueling maps of the modern engines of the research vessel ESF SSgt Reckless, and also playing a game of solitaire because he felt a little bored. Blackbird shook his head slightly; it was too bad robots can’t enjoy the sedative effects of Tryptophan.

Ensign Exposition crawled up to the dessert table, again, and eyed the confections longingly with a slow lick of her lips. A groan escaped as she slipped back down to the floor and rubbed her overindulgent, aching, distended, belly. It was the most silent she had been.

“It’s called Thanksgiving, Medi, but your confusion is understandable.” Blackbird answered.

“And when is the next feast holiday?”

“One month from now.”

Medi flailed her legs again but remained as immobile as ever. She smiled and burped again. “Perfect timing!” She declared, “I should be able to move by then!”
Castellan Fyor
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

For the Emperor!
Blackbird looked over at Joe and Starlight (the communist one), who were passed out from their frenzied search for the perfect vodka sauce variant for roast turkey, and then creating a vodka sauce for every side dish served; including finding a vodka sauce for the vodka sauce. Several empty bottles littered the floor. But he had to admit, they had been successful, as all the sauces were delicious and complimented the foods to which they had been paired. Whether they were sleeping due to their extreme sou chef exertions, or from imbibing the ‘fruits’ of their labor was a matter of speculation.

Белая армия, чёрный барон  
Снова готовят нам царский трон  
Но от тайги до британских морей  
Красная Армия всех сильней!

Here’s a short story I’m obviously a bit late on… Happy belated Thanksgiving!

I think you’re a bit late there, bud!

Medi flailed her legs again but remained as immobile as ever. She smiled and burped again. “Perfect timing!” She declared, “I should be able to move by then!”

Ha!
97blackbird

Белая армия, чёрный барон
Снова готовят нам царский трон
Но от тайги до британских морей
Красная Армия всех сильней!

So is that the traditional song for this season?
97blackbird

@Communist Starlight  
What is with the Cyrillic writing…? Are you being paid by a translation service, Communist Star…

No… You’re a Communist!  
You’re trying to convert me, you Svengali!  
Little by little, by minute degrees, you’re trying to force me in to the communist mold until I lose all sense of self and become one of you!  
I won’t be part of your Machiavellian scheme!  
I refuse compromise my position and remain steadfast!  
Not one step will you get me to go on the path to perdition!  
This far, and no farther!  
I have drawn the line!  
I will-

“Wow! you’re really wound up!”

Yes, Medi, I am… I hate insidious subterfuge.

“I bet you could use a quick break.”  
*click beoooo Bling!  
“Here, try this for a spell, Blackbird ol’ buddy!”

Oooh Tetris! Thanks, Medi!

*Korobeiniki plays….
97blackbird

“Space.

The final frontier.

These are the voyages of the E.S.F. SSgt. Reckless. A modern, exploration vessel whose mission is to explore strange, new, worlds; seek out new life, and new civilizations; to boldly go where no pony has gone before!” And just then, the advanced FTL drive engaged with a thrum that could be felt as well as heard, and the viewscreen stars turned blue, those not in the center began moving slowly, crawling snail-like toward the edges as Reckless accelerated to speeds only modern explorers could dream of.

“Put the blaster down, Blackbird.” Captain Joe said without looking. This wasn’t the first time he had to reprimand him when Ensign Exposition had rambled some especially irritating, unneeded, speech or explanation. He was sure that he wouldn’t actually harm the pilot pony, but he felt compelled to rein him in anyway.

Blackbird’s head trembled and he grunted like serious effort was required to bring it out of line of Exposition’s head and stow the blaster away in his side holster.

Despite Blackbird’s behavior, he recognized it as a symptom of the anxiety they all felt to some degree. They were all quiet. Contemplative. Their training was over. All simulations completed. They were on their way to a completely alien solar system. It was real now, and that thought sobered them all. For even though they were on a peaceful mission of exploration, the ship was armed for a reason.

Joe started at the indigo point at the center of the viewscreen, their objective. What awaited them? And would they be receptive to curious explorers?

He clenched the armrests of his command chair and released them. The indigo dot didn’t react. It didn’t care what he felt or that he stared. It waited there, and stared back.
97blackbird

okay, finally feeling better after my second vaccination. (Fever, lethargy)

I didn’t get my FiO story written for the contest on FIMFic. A little disappointed in myself.

Still no ideas for my space crew aboard the ESF Reckless: a modern space exploration vessel. However, I’m thinking of starting a new story that follows Applejack through a racing career.
97blackbird

I should write a Medibat short about the celebration of Independance day… And keeping with my usual timeliness, I’ll post it on Thanksgiving…
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide