The Continuing Adventures of Medi-Bat

97blackbird

No apologies, Like the Frenchman said:
“I am shocked, shocked to find there is [Warhammer 40k] going on in there!”
-Here’s your [Terminator Marines], sir.
“Yes. Thank you very much.” (pockets awesome minis)
BigBuggyBastage
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Go fsck yourself
Nice. I technically also have a YT channel, but the only things on it are a couple of videos from engineering college, of a small project working as intended. It was more or less “proof” that it worked, in case it blew up before our professor could evaluate it. LoL And no, they’re not at all worth watching.
97blackbird

had a monsoon thunderstorm yesterday, same projected for today and tomorrow.
I love heat and humidity.
“Suck it up, Cali-Fukin-baby! We deal with this for more that just a week! (all of the south and mid-west)
BigBuggyBastage
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Go fsck yourself
LoL I wish. Nah, it was just a controller PCB for a BLDC (brushless DC) motor. Our sponsor was going to use it in a line of “home workshop” CNC controllers, I think, back in 2007-2008. As it turned out, this was right on the cusp of Arduino being unleashed on the world, and the “maker movement” had just arrived, right on the heels of The Great Recession, so it really didn’t go anywhere. For my engineering team and I, it was a semester-long project for our Embedded System Design class.
The videos themselves were just a few seconds long each, just enough to show a small BLDC motor spinning (very slowly, as I recall, because our code wasn’t exactly ‘optimized’ yet), next to our PCB. This was the very first PCB any of us had designed, manufactured, and assembled ourselves, so the possibility of catastrophic failure was quite real. In fact, I clearly remember deliberately doing something our professor warned us not to do: “Do NOT design your own on-board switching power supply.” The reasons for such a warning are numerous, and it’s not hard to imagine things going BANG! if the power supply isn’t built correctly, or nothing working at all.
I took that as a challenge; using my natural engineering knack, I successfully pulled off designing and building the switching power supply, from scratch, for not only the entire board, but the motor as well. Our professor stared at the board incredulously, at the end of the semester, as the motor spun and nothing went up in smoke. This had been a double-edged sword, as I’d spent so much time and effort perfecting the power supply design that the rest of my team had to literally do almost everything else, so I kinda felt like an ass. But it also proved I could successfully do what many senior-level engineering students wouldn’t have taken on, at least not back then.
@97blackbird
Man, I can count on one hand the number of decent thunderstorms we’ve had here in the Love Glove this summer. I’d thought that crazy tornado we had up in Gaylord back in mid-May of this year would’ve signaled a truly awesome storm season, but no, we’re still behind by about 1-2 inches of rain for most of the state.
97blackbird

“I took that as a challenge; using my natural engineering knack,”
BigBug uses ENGINEERING KNACK! IT”S SUPER-EFFECTIVE!!!
It feels good to roll those Nat ‘20’s, eh?
Heh, heh! He said “Gaylord”!
Okay! now that the B&B comment is out of the way, I saw a tornado only once IRL. It was back on my uncle’s farm in Misery.. Err, Missouri. (During August, it can feel the same to a Californian) Where we were driving I don’t remember, I was looking at the clouds while my uncle drove, wondering if there might be rain when a cylindrical cloud began to descend. I pondered it for a while, waiting till it was about halfway down before I asked my uncle, “Hey, is that a tornado?”
“Nah!” he replied quickly, but stared a bit, pulled over, and stopped. “Actually, I think you’re right!”
It never touched down, but eventually retracted back up into the clouds. We resumed our trek.
It was the weirdest thing to see, it didn’t look real to me.
I told my aunt about it and she was astonished that my uncle had stopped to watch it, while on top of a hill, no less!
I was young and ignorant, so if he wasn’t worried, neither was I. I was glad I got to see one, though.
Castellan Fyor
Non-Fungible Trixie -

For the Emperor!
@97blackbird
God that’s ballsy. A sight to see in one’s lifetime though! I hope I don’t have to see one lol. Too mountainous where I am.
@BigBuggyBastage
You are the envy of everything I want to be. I’ve finally settled on a major I want, civil engineering. I have drafting classes next semester, and those start in like, two or three weeks.
BigBuggyBastage
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Go fsck yourself
@97blackbird
Heh, I roll snake-eyes every other time. XD
I’ve seen a few tornadoes, and waterspouts over Lake Erie. Thankfully, none of those did any serious damage. I’ve been lucky enough so far to only be very close to the paths of ones that did; an EF-3 passed just south of my old apartment, a few years ago, and that’s as close as I ever want to be, at least in this part of the world. At least in Kansas and other central-plains states, you have a chance of seeing it coming. Here in Michigan, you’ve got a good chance of being surrounded by trees, so it’s hard to see anything approaching, other than lightning or storm clouds about to hit.
@Once-Communist Starlight
Awesome! :D That’s a bright future, being a civvie. Your talent will always be in demand, especially so if you’re willing to travel a bit (to meet with clients, government officials, etc.). Any idea of whether they’re starting you with pencil & paper, or on computers?
Instagram won’t let me see the image, unless I create an account. :(
97blackbird

Just finished reading a bit of Fanfiction on FIMfic
It is a swansong. The title is literal.
This makes the third author on that site that I know of who has left the fandom.
I surprised at how this is affecting me. I was close to only one author, but I guess I just don’t like the goodbyes.
97blackbird

so apparently, I was born a few years ago on this day…
“Years??? Don’t you mean ‘Decades’?”
Medi, stop.
“But I thought you valued honesty?”
Not today I don’t!
“It’s a reason to celebrate!”
No reason to celebrate after 21!
“You’re being foalish! And you’re too old to-
You’re damn right! I’m too old to celebrate this day!

“Do I need to call her?”
Who?
“The one who has, Quote- dental work older than you?”
*fumes Fine! I turned fifty today. Fu$%ing Five-Zero! Are you happy you flapping, furry, tattle-tale!
“I’m super happy! Happy Birthday, Blackbird!”
Ugh.. thanks…
“Are those happy tears?”
No, I’m allergic to sappy, hug-happy, flapping, cat-mice-bat-ponies.
“I love you too, Blackbird!”
Castellan Fyor
Non-Fungible Trixie -

For the Emperor!
Medi swoops through the hallway and onto the shoulder of the now changed person, once-communist. He sits at a desk cluttered with college work, paint projects, unbuilt miniatures and Halloween lights. His computer sits open, intently being read by its user. Absentmindedly, he pats the tiny bat pony on his shoulder.
She purred, then read the page the once-communist was reading. She frowned. “Why are you looking at the symptoms of ASD?” The once-communist grimaced. “Because, my friend, I think I have it.” Medi looked at him. “It’s not too late to get diagnosed, you know.” The once-communist nodded. “I know. I thought everything about…” he gestures to his face, “Me, was just ADHD. But after connecting with some people… I think it may be more than that.”
Medi looked at the screen again. “It doesn’t make you any lesser, you know.” The once-communist chuckled, “yes, I’ve learned that much. It’s not too dissimilar to what I’ve already gotten used to.” He looked at the small bat, now sitting on his hand. “Would you go to the doctor’s office with me? That’s not something I want to learn alone.” Medi smiled her tiny, adorable little smile, and said, “Of course.”
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide