Worldbuilding for Equestria (and Beyond)

Pizzamovies
Pizzamovies - Derpi Supporter
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Burger Rebellion
@Vree  
in my own idea the planet was called equis surrounding a gas giant known as axon and each species had its own country and equestria was like the united nations..keeping the peace between them.

and the thought of there magic i think that they had arrived on “equis” with great technology and over a period of time they forget about the technology or it simply evolves into a organic energy (magic)
Silent_Witness
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Chippin’ In
For some time, I’ve been writing a story (set in the Equestria Girls world) where the Mane cast travels across Equestria, and in certain places, go outside of its borders.

Now, we haven’t seen very much of a Equestria Girls’ Equestria, but assuming that it’s at least similar in both size and geography to the normal Equestria, and based on what we’ve seen in the show, I have to conclude that the geographic area Equestria occupies is actually fairly small. For example, Spike is able to travel from Ponyville to the Crystal Empire and back in less than a day by train. We don’t know how long it takes for the cast to reach any other location by train, but there’s nothing to indicate it takes a very long time.

Granted, magic does play a fairly sizable role in transportation for the normal Equestria, and we know next to nothing about how far away locations are relative to one another. The official map of Equestria is evocative of a map of the US, but they so what we see in the show, it clearly can’t be the same size.

This isn’t a very critical issue, but it is something I’ve started to put a lot of thought into, so I was curious about what other people thought of it.
Cromanti Cheer
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

@Silent_Witness  
Reminds me of how I tried to figure out the top speed of one of the vehicles in C:KND, since in the movie it’s making a massive arc around the world and to the Moonbase in like a few minutes on screen and with the fastest real world vehicle being not anywhere close to that speed, that means the KND have enough energy capacity to oh dear i’ve gone cross-eyed

At a certain point I have to tell myself that the writers either can’t do math or have more important things to worry about while doing their actual job, whereas we fans can analyze and plan out distances and velocities to our hearts content for our fanworks. Personally, I imagine Equestria being around the size of the US, with the CE as Canada, just to facilitate the transition between the poniverse and the EqG-verse (with transportation inconsistencies resolved with a bit of magic). But really, size out Equestria in whatever way feels right to you.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide