Anyway, this is my reference for my main pony OC, which serves as my ponysona. He is a sleipnir, an eight-legged horse from Norse mythology. There is no cutie mark yet because I haven’t designed one yet, so for now he shall remain a blank flank. Now, onto the important part…
- Front legs are stacked, with two collar bones, the second further down the rib cage.
- Rear legs are all side-by-side, emanating from a single pelvic bone that branches into two sub-pelvises.
- The torso is slightly wider than normal to accommodate the four side-by-side rear legs.
- The head is slightly larger than normal due to the wider torso.
- Optionally, there can be two additional sub-tails between the outer legs.
- These sub-tails would be smaller than the main tail, because they don’t have spinal support.
I designed this anatomy to function well in both feral and anthro form.