So I guess there’s a lot going on here. Let’s explain the panels, and then talk a little bit about the work behind them.
- Mildly angry that you’re not spending all your time with her
- Should be self-explanatory; she’s supposed to be forcing you to stare at her.
- A little bit of the real, sane Twilight is showing through here. She’s a little bit shocked that you’d do such a thing, and actually sad.
- Same kind of deal; she was supposed to be a little angry, but that didn’t come out.
- At this point she believes everything you’ve done to her previously was a joke, because she thinks so highly of herself that she doesn’t believe hating her is something that someone could actually do.
- She’s out of it again; she still doesn’t think you’d leave, but she has to make sure… At least for awhile. You’ll be free again after you prove your loyalty!
So, I drew these in the order 2-1-3-5-6-4. No particular reason. After drawing #1 I learned some more techniques to make Twi look more organic, and I think that really shows in the further images. #1 was pose practice. #2 I wanted to draw magic. #3 I wanted to draw the magic leaking from her eyes, and expression practice. #5 was mane practice and expression practice. #6 was a challenge figuring out the mane, because I wanted to do it better than I did in #2. #4 was trying a slightly different angle, and I think it came out OK. Need more practice of that!
Acknowledgements of those who helped me: Barhandar, Chicory, LightningBolt, Stoopedhooy, probably others!
Constructive criticism welcome in the comments. Next piece will probably be full body pose practice, in the form of a reference sheet for Descended Twi.