- Hover preview is more likely to be used when comment is short and partially in view, hopefully this reduces the need for scrolling the page to read the full comment.
Previously undocumented changes since 1.4.0:
- Fix forum post navigation when ‘disable_native_preview’ is enabled
- Fix link highlight not working on forum posts
- Fix spoiler not revealing on external previews
- Added basic support for forum posts: i.e. they only work on comments on the same page.
- Autolink image embeds: Don’t you just hate it when someone embeds an image like
and you have a hard time trying to get to its original page?
This feature will automatically add clickable links that essentially turns that into
so you could easily follow the link to its source.
Also works for external images, the script will link to the original URL instead of
Images that already has a link will be unaffected.
- User settings: Some features of the script can now be turned on or off via the settings page.
Finally got off my lazy ass to fix:
- Spoiler reveal in previews doesn’t take into account user’s current theme.
- Spoilers can now optionally be revealed in highlighted comments (i.e. when the comment is within the viewport).
- Reply link underline works on highlighted comments.
Thank you for using Derpibooru Comment Enhancements, don’t hesitate to yell at me if anything breaks.
OpenUserJS treated the name change as an entirely new script, existing users will need to reinstall it from the new links. Apologies for the inconvenience.
“Marker’s super amazing derpibooru comment section overhaul”.
- It supports keyboard shortcut for bold, italics, underline, and spoiler tag. Additional shortcuts for other buttons can be easily implemented if people feel there’s a need for it.
- It will attempt to rewrite Derpibooru links to use relative URL e.g.
- Same with images, it will try to insert them using
\>\>9999pembeds where possible. Works with the following URLs:
Tapermonkey is up-to-date, but it doesn’t want to run the script.
EDIT: Nevermind. It only works on image comments. I gathered that from the regex. Wonder if you can make it work for forum posts?
Derpibooru Comment Enhancements
due to expanded features (sorry for the confusion)
Toolbar for easier comment formatting
- Highlights the comment if it’s visible.
- Show comment pop-up if it’s out of view.
- Shows replies that a comment has received (aka backlinks)
- On paginated comments, adds button to load next page.
Once installed, settings could be found on Derpibooru’s Settings page.
Tested for several hours on Chrome and (briefly) on Firefox.
Care specially taken to ensure compatibility with VcSaJen’s Namize Background Ponies, which I use everyday and can’t recommend enough.
- Tweaked when hover preview is displayed when comment is partially in view
- Add basic support for forum posts
- Autolink image embeds
- Better spoiler theme support
- User settings UI
Requires Tampermonkey or Violentmonkey
Firefox users are required to install Laboratory by Mozilla and follow the instructions here.
download from GitHub
download from OpenUserJS
download from GreasyFork
If you do not specify a field to search over, the search engine will search for posts with a body that is similar to the query's word stems. For example, posts containing the words
spread wings would all be found by a search for
sewing would not be.
|Literal||Matches the author of this post. Anonymous authors will never match this term.|
|Full Text||Matches the body of this post. This is the default field.|
|Date/Time Range||Matches the creation time of this post.|
|Numeric Range||Matches the numeric surrogate key for this post.|
|Full Text||Matches the title of the topic.|
|Literal||Matches the numeric surrogate key for the topic this post belongs to.|
|Numeric Range||Matches the offset from the beginning of the topic of this post. Positions begin at 0.|
|Date/Time Range||Matches the creation or last edit time of this post.|
|Literal||Matches posts with the specified user_id. Anonymous users will never match this term.|
|Literal||Matches the short name for the forum this post belongs to.|