MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Background Pony #854D
@CloudMistDragon
Just because everyone is a jerk to someone doesn’t give you the right to be a jerk to someone, that’s a horrible thought and a lack of character especially when you’re the one who initiates the Bully and a short time ago you were participating in a racist protest.
and she had literally just discovered that her mucus was magical and the first thing she did was sell it, she didn’t even know that the mucus would fall off the flowers after a while, be honest if you were an ordinary pony, would you buy that? flowers covered in mucus, which the inventor discovered today and which you later discover that the mucus comes out and sticks to your fur (with the possibility of making you sick)
and it’s okay to want a specific smoothie that the previous cook made,
she just needed to order another one the way she wanted, but the problem is that she was the typical petty Karen complaining about Hitch when he was just following the normal recipe, it was his first day and she never said she wanted a smoothie in X way.
river mines

@CloudMistDragon
as someone who has worked in a restaurant…. no, nor did she have any right to complain about food not coming the specific way she wanted, nor did any of those Ponies with their petty complaints, and Hitch is an angel of pure light for genuinely try to please them.
CloudMistDragon
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Misty Shadow
@TheQuietMan
She often hangs around Posey, is seen talking to her, and shares an interest in flowers with her. It is in fact indicated that the two are friends.
@Background Pony #854D
Um…when did I say or imply that Dahlia’s actions were okay just because someone else was a jerk? I literally said point-blank that she’s kind of a jerk.
@river mines
If you were to order fried chicken and you were given roast beef instead, would you say nothing just because the person who served you was nice? I’m a much bigger fan of Hitch than Dahlia and I know from experience that customer service is heck. However, if a customer wanted something done the way they usually like it done and I didn’t give them what they asked for, that would be on me.
river mines

if you order fried chicken, you get fried chicken and complain that the fried chicken isn’t spicy it’s your fault.
Dahlia ordered a smoothie, received a smoothie, but she complained that the smoothie was too smooth she wanted it to be chunky, Hitch said he followed the recipe, but she still complained pettily.
if a customer orders food and the food is not made the specific way they like because they did not order it that way,
Nothing gives them the right to complain, especially when the restaurant people are being polity, but obviously many customers don’t think about that.
Background Pony #854D
the argument seems to be that the bad things that happen to Posey are deserved since she was is a racist jerk.
and well you mentioned how the bad things that happened to Dahlia were not deserved but she was also a racist jerk.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
I think a lot of people assume g4 MLP is the domain of teens and adults and g5 is the only one that kids are attracted to now.
But we have to remember g4 only ended in 2019. Probably many young kids who watched g5 also watched g4 in its late form.
And thats probably one reason why MLP yt channel still keeps G4 episodes running.
In fact to go even further with the theory it might be possible the biggest reason why G5 was a direct sequel to G4 was not for the bronies but for the kids who already watched G4 in 2019 and wanted more ponies.
DerpyFast
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

It’s worth pointing out that everyone was a racist jerk in The Movie, so you can’t really single out Dahlia.
As for the smoothie, it’s worth mentioning that the smoothie cart is not a restaurant chain. The business is run by one pony, and Sunny has built a lot of rapport with her customers. So in that case, it is entirely reasonable for her recurring customers to expect certain things without having to ask them. Like, the whole point of the scene was to show that there’s a lot more to Sunny’s business than just following instructions.
river mines

the problem is not wanting the food in a certain way, the problem is the first thing everyponey did was complain and be petty, this being just a stall maybe only makes the situation worse, which was difficult for them to explain how Sunny normally does things since they do you know Hitch isn’t Sunny?
CloudMistDragon
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Misty Shadow
@DerpyFast
Thank you for getting what I was trying to say. I’m not Dahlia’s defense attorney, I’m not a Dahlia sympathizer, I’m just saying what happened in the show. This whole thing with Dahlia was just supposed to be about Posey doing a jerk thing to Dahlia, her friend, showing that she’s a jerk, and now this whole conversation has become about freaking Dahlia. XD
DerpyFast
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

@river mines
It’s Hitch’s attitude. Hitch was cocky and acted like working at Sunny’s stall was easy, and Sunny’s customers called him out on it. It would be a very different story if Hitch had approached it with a sympathetic “I’m new, bear with me” attitude.
river mines

In my case I’m not trying to attack Dahlia, I’m criticizing a bad attitude in the smoothie situation but for some reason the focus is on her, the worst was the fat pony whose name I forgot he didn’t even want to say what he usually orders when Hitch said he didn’t know what he always asked for.
CloudMistDragon
Artist -

Misty Shadow
@river mines
That was Toots and I completely agree that remark of his was gratuitous. You can criticize Dahlia if you want, I’m just saying that the point I was getting at from the outset was that Posey did a bad thing to Dahlia. Someone chimed in with examples of how Dahlia isn’t a good pony. I was just responding with the context of what happened while agreeing that Dahlia is kind of a jerk and then I was talked to like I was trying to justify her actions. Dahlia could be a jerk through and through…and that wouldn’t change the fact that what Posey did to her was wrong.
Background Pony #13BA
Well dang, we’re really going deep with this whole ordeal aren’t we lol
river mines

This was possibly the strangest escalation of conversation in this topic.
It started with a comment about Sunny’s mother, turned into a discussion about Sprout’s redemption, to Posey being Jerk and finally a discussion about Dahlia and customer-employee relationships in restaurants.
all of this including things like flowers, smoothies, fried chicken, parties, headlights, destruction of property, etc.
TheQuietMan
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

House of the Arcana
@river mines
I’m pretty sure the conversation simply switched. I don’t see any escalation here. But to add on, I’ll say it’s the fault on both sides. The customers shouldn’t pester a newbie to understand what they want or be some sort of superhuman. But so is the server for their possibly long experience and doing the lawfully correct thing. After all, customer is always right. I do see that there may be a change in view on that quote though.
Jonny Manz
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I am who I am
@CloudMistDragon
Nice selection there, the only thing I wish is that the full version of “Every New Day (Is the Best Day Ever)” was included, because that still hasn’t been released outside of that one lyric video.
CloudMistDragon
Artist -

Misty Shadow
It’s funny when just the title alone of an upcoming G5 defense video, “SETTING THE WRONG EXPECTATIONS”, can have you really thinking. You know, if I were writing my “The Root of G5 Negativity” essay today, I would’ve mentioned how people had no expectations going into FiM but all sorts of expectations going into G5.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide