General Tag Discussion

LightningBolt
Umbrella - For Patreon supporters
Lightning Dee - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
@Dragonpone
I’d argue that the definition of turning non-pony things from other series into ponies is more of an important name than the species swapping of other characters.
But it can be discussed in the future in a thread.
TPC132

How should tags like black and white, simple background and white background be handled with traditional art that hasn’t been properly scanned?
An image like >>3357384 for example was presumably done on white paper, but appears yellowish, and the background has a visible paper grain structure so technically might not be ‘simple’. Should the tags be used there?
Would the uneven lighting of an image like >>3356217 justify calling it a gradient background?
Toastypk
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).

Royal Advisor
I think that’s it!
I think all the zodiac ponies have been tagged properly!
Another user was getting all the images that had the OC tag, but I was getting the ones I could find that didn’t have them on.
But now, all twelve ponies have their proper tags
Only request I have is that cancer (G4) should be on this image, but its tags are locked.
>>2175322
Background Pony #52BA
@TPC132
IMO, tag with the best guess as to the real physical state of the artifact, if the color tint/lighting unevenness/etc. doesn’t seem like a deliberate artistic choice. ie. Don’t count poor quality image capture as part of the design, whereas if someone made a diorama and shone a light with a gobo on a plain white background, that’d have been done on purpose to alter the way the background looks and so wouldn’t be right to tag “white background”.
Algebroot Neogears
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Sci-fi & Dragons
@Toastypk
It was getting close to my bedtime, so I mostly focused on fixing images that directly claimed they were OCs (the ones that had oc:charactername and/or oc only). It was kind of a rush job (not helping is the fact I needed to memorize their designs), so I may have ended up missing a few in the process.
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
Thank you. I’ll look through those and get them cleaned up.
Update: Some of them probably should be on a new tag. This is one that we’ve been discussing for awhile, and it seems now is a good time to create it: ai reference.
A lot of the images though are just ai generated that people aren’t tagging properly. I’ll keep working on cleaning the rest of them up.
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
.. Update .. We have a new tag to help handle some of those, called ai reference. I just created it so the description will probably change once there’s more input. Many of the others were just badly tagged, and the 4 remaining appear to be someone salty about one specific artist’s work which I’ll keep working on resolving.
Background Pony #7C7A
@LightningBolt
Not sure. The actual content is drawn by humans, but the reference is AI generated. I wouldn’t be surprised if some people would consider the mere act of using an AI generated reference to be evil. You know, the “you are redrawing STOLEN ART!” type of accusation. So they might expect ai reference to also be blocked when blocking ai content.
Additionally, people who want to exclude ai content from their datasets would likely also want to exclude ai reference.
On the other hand, I would expect that most of people who are fine with ai reference would also be fine with ai assisted and therefore only block ai generated instead of the entire ai content.

EDIT: it appears that this image was not drawn based on AI, but the AI part was generated based on the human-drawn image using something like different dimension me, pinegraph, or similar.

The original image was uploaded in 2016, before any modern AI image generator: >>1167331.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide