General Tag Discussion

Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Background Pony #7C7A
No, I think @LightningBolt is right. The whole point of the tag is to allow artists to include the images they are referencing in their redraws.
“you are redrawing STOLEN ART!” type of accusation
We already handle those kinds of things. It has nothing to do with this tag.
Background Pony #52BA
@Background Pony #7C7A
Indeed, the two images currently tagged ai reference (>>3328702, >>3354531) are, or at least purport to be, the opposite of what that tag is supposed to be for.

ai interpretation also exists; should it stay around for cases where someone redrew an AI-generated image but the post does not include the referenced original AI generated image? (It is presently tagged only on images that would now be appropriately tagged ai reference)
Background Pony #7C7A
We already handle those kinds of things.
I didn’t mean literally stolen art, only that some people consider AI-generated images to be stolen art.
@Background Pony #52BA
Hmm, you are right. The mermaid image is also not based on an AI image. Though AI image doesn’t seem to be based on the human-drawn image either, despite the artist thinking it is. It seems to be based on a text describing the human-drawn image.
LightningBolt
Umbrella - For Patreon supporters
Lightning Dee - Derpi Supporter
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
@Ciaran
I coined the tag to be for images that are redrawn based on an AI generated image but so they don’t just get lumped in under ai assisted and thus the ai content tag.
Algebroot Neogears
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Sci-fi & Dragons
At first, I thought tags such as sonic & knuckles, sonic the hedgehog 3, and sonic 3 & knuckles were meant to be for screenshots of the game in general.
Now I finally started looking at the tagging history… and it seems there is some confusion on how Sonic 3’s tag is used (as seen in what appears to have been a tag war in >>4921).
How should I know which images to use the tags on and which to not use them on? Until now, I have tried tagging the “Sonic 3” and “Sonic & Knuckles” halves with respective tags along with “Sonic 3 & Knuckles”.
radpanic
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

never big enough
@LightningBolt
So, should pics like >>2273595 include the “ai generated” tag in addition to the “ai interpretation” tag? By a literal interpretation of the tags, “ai generated” should apply since a thumbnail of the AI generated reference picture is included in the finished piece. But on the other hand, the picture’s main focus is still the human-made art, not the tiny AI picture. I have the “ai generated” tag hidden but I’m still interested in human-drawn reinterpretations of AI pictures, and I’m sure I’m not the only one who feels this way.
LightningBolt
Umbrella - For Patreon supporters
Lightning Dee - Derpi Supporter
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
@Background Pony #52BA
Truthfully, I think they should have different meanings. AI reference being images that were based on an AI image with that image in frame, interpretation being those without ai images in them too.
Well since that was hard to explain maybe I could word that better…
Yes those tags should be removed tho.
Background Pony #52BA
Should ai interpretation or ai assisted be used when someone used an AI generation as a basis (heavy referencing or tracing, but with none of the ai image included) but not with the intent of making “a human-made version” of the generated image, or when it’s unclear how similar or different they are because the reference is not shown? For example, (both explicit) >>3350651 or >>3354259?
Toastypk
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).

Royal Advisor
Hey, I wanna make a distinction with tags.
I’ve been tagging a lot of the Ponyscopes, and Libra has her scales in a lot of images, that’s what Libra is.
But the vast, vast majority of images with the scales tag involve reptilian characters, as in, that’s what they have on them.
I’ve been putting the tag scale on the images of the balancing scales instead, but scale seems to be used for the device you step on to show your weight, too.
What would be a good tag to use for the balancing scales as held by Libra?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide