Unpopular opinion time (super alpha no pony edition)

Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
I think its the faces, the eyes and mouths particularly. I love Steven Universe, but there’s something about the eyes and mouths…Other “calart” shows seem to do it better, or at least less bothersome.
Beth
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

In digital purgatory
Rounder shapes remind us of young women. That’s why cal arts draws smiles without hard lines. Not specifically younge or women, hard lines just remind us more of muscular, scary animals (like me).
Then you got those manly men anime that add extra hard lines to everything. This is more my style. I want to scowl with 11 eyebrows and flex my 18 abs.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
A vocal minority of bad anime localizers who get too fancy does not mean all localizers are like that. There are so many great ones people ignore.
And when saying they should be replaced with ai, it’s basically spitting into the eyes of those who actually do try to be authentic and well intentioned.
Don’t let a few bad eggs spoil the bunch for you.
Meanlucario
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@Cosmas-the-Explorer
I blame back when 4Kids was the main dub network and most of their translations being silly (moreso now than then). Also, Fire Emblem Fates is a great example where a direct translation would have made things much worst, as well as the number of times the Digimon dub team had to look at the anime being creepy with children characters and going “no, we aren’t putting that in the localized version. Get me my drawing pen.”
And using AI sounds like they want Google translate to do the work with little to no human input.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
@Meanlucario
I think it was the one where it was a neutral statement of a womans clothing but the translation added in a joke about patriarchal standards which was not implied im the anime. That’s how I recall.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Explorer in Training
@Meanlucario
Well the original purpose of clowns is to make kids laugh so I guess shes doing her purpose well then.
I guess long ago, clowns used to be seen as amusing but the idea of a scary clown was just to fascinating. But now it’s become the default position where it’s kind of worn its welcome.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music/Charts Enthusiast
@WaynePonePone
Seems like a popular opinion at least to me
But that does raise a good question, how did Ronald McDonald all of a sudden go from being a beloved children’s mascot to the bane of people’s fears?
Just Wayne
Fluttershy - For supporting the site
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Gold Supporter - Gold Supporter
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).

Blingo
@Mr.Myoozik
Because clowns are basically letting strangers get near your children. They’re the biggest symbol of stranger danger, and their makeups can look uncanny. Ronald Mcdonald is the same reason. You’ve seen a lot of commercials where he’s around children, right?
But honestly, that’s just strangers in general. I really don’t buy the “scared of clowns even as an adult” thing. They’re really not as scary anymore.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
“Scary” clowns rely on a concept that is now positively quaint.
“Corruption of Innocence/Sweetness”, which used to be a pretty powerful horror/drama trope.
But much like cosmic horror, it relies on offending sensibilities that most people no longer really have. It’s not “shocking” to see something innocent corrupted of you’ve spent a few minutes in the internet with safe search off.
Just like how cosmic horror doesn’t scare us because the idea that we are a worthless speck of debris on a wet ball floating in space against a hostile background that will kill us stone dead without a seconds thought is no longer that surprising.
Just Wayne
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Gold Supporter - Gold Supporter

Blingo
@Zincy
Funny, I still find cosmic horror scary, or at least cool. Maybe because I like giant creatures and aliens. Clowns are just like, people in makeups.
@Meanlucario
To be fair, I wouldn’t exactly blame Ronald Mcdonald for being a glutton myself.
Background Pony #967B
Better to be a passionate C and D student who has interest in something like art or poetry even if he sucks at other stuff than a Straight A student who soullessly does his job and then forgets everything the next day.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Music/Charts Enthusiast
@WaynePonePone
I mean around Christmas, parents let their kids sit in the lap of a grown man in a costume in the mall yet Santa Claus isn’t feared at all.
Either way, I still stand by my assertion of clowns not being scary being a popular opinion, no matter how many Pennywise’s or Ronald McDonald’s tainted them
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide