Unpopular opinion time (super alpha no pony edition)

Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
I think the “villain was a good guy all along reveal” is mostly bad. I don’t mean henchmen or lackeys who reluctantly follow orders, but the puppy-kicking villain who had people kill each other for sick kicks actually did this to save the world for reasons. As you can guess, I’ve been listening to Linkara’s review of the Culling while exercising, and was reminded of that trope. It’s hard to pull off and it feels like it fails 99.9% of the time.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
I know many want sprites to come back to pokemon these days. But I’ve never really understood the appeal of it. Especially as a kid who loved XD and Colosseum. As a kid I would have died ot have Emerald be a 3d game.
Sprites do have a good appeal, but I always felt like it was inevitable that pokemon as a AAA studio and not some indie studio would go 3d.
I guess to me it’s like wanting Final Fantasy IX to be a sprite based game for the charm instead of a 3d game.
Everyone wanted 3d back then and sprites frankly were only there because the mobile games didn’t catch up to their more advanced mainline console counterparts.
And hot take but I actually preferred GTI 3d look to Explorers 2d look as a kid.
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
@Meanlucario
This reminds e of the infamous Itachi twist in Naruto.
I sweat that Itachi’s character must have gone through major changes during development becuase how he acted in the original Naruto vs Shippunden is like night and day
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
@Meanlucario
Basically Itachi was the older brother of one of the main characters, Sasuke. They were part of the Uchiha family. And Itachi killed all of the family except for Sasuke. He explained to Sasuke he kept him alive so he would have enough hatred to gain new eye powers. And thus Sasuke trained to get revenge against Itachi.
It turned out that Itachi did not actually want to kill the family but he did it because the Uchihas were planning to take over the Country. So he did it what he thought was the common good. And he spared Sasuke for a reason I forgot.
It made Sasuke now regret killing Itachi, and then he wanted to instead
massacre the countey that made his brother do these acrions.
@icicle wicicle 1517
I thought it was the most shocking amazing plot twist as a kid.
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
@Meanlucario
kinda complicated but the best i can summerize
Itachi is introduced as the man responsible for committing the near genocide of his clan, the uchiha’s, with only his little brother Sauske being spared. He also has a powerful Jitsu that lets him project illusions that cause great mental and physical pain on the victim, which he uses on Sauske twice to make him relive seeing Itachi killing his parents. He’s also part of the Akatsuki, essentially a ninja terrorist group
All this stuff in the original series paints him as a really evil whose a clear cut villain
Then in Shippuden its revealed that he really did love his clan, but his clan was planning on staging a war against on another village (Konoha) and were basically the ninja version of the Nazis. Itachi then decides to leak info of the clans activities to Konoha, in order to prepare them to stop the war. This results in one of the higher ups in Konoha (Danzo) killing Itachi’s best friend to gain his power, then makes an offer with Itatchi that he will spare the slaughter of both his own and Itahi’s village as long as he kills his own clan, which Itachi aggress to since he says he’s fine with being seen as a monster as long as no more war happens. It’s also revealed that he was a double agent for the Akatsuki too, sine he saw them as a threat and was secretly leaking info on them to his village
Comparing how he acted in the original series vs how he acts in Shippuden, a lot of people feel like the “Itachi was secretly good all along” twist was a giant retcon
Penguin Dragneel
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Thread Starter - Weeb Wars: The Anime Controversy Thread
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Artist -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

The Latest Tax Write-Off
@Meanlucario
I really like how Bleach handled this trope.
At first, the Gotei 13 is seen as being a group of monsters for wanting to execute Rukia. Over the course of the Soul Society Arc, not only do we learn that a good chunk of the squad members are actually against the execution to begin with, but that there’s some kind of conspiracy going on thats causing said execution.
Eventually, an all out civil war occurs, and we find out that the reason why this execution was planned to begin with was that Aizen managed to hypnotize the head captain and Central 46 (Bleach’s equivalent to a government) into going along with it so that he could nab the Hogyoku from Rukia’s specially made gigai (it makes a lot more sense with context).
The Gotei 13’s actually pretty good once everything gets sorted out (aside from Mayuri).
Meanlucario
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@Penguin Dragneel
That’s what my point was: Trying to make a pure evil villain “a hero doing things poorly” or some other dumb form of it. “Yes, there’s a heroic reason I have teens kill each other in a bloody deathmatch to mind control the winners to be my personal puppets.” That type of stuff.
Meanlucario
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@icicle wicicle 1517
Oh, give me examples of when a shipping is good or doesn’t distract from other elements of the show (even if it won’t have romantic development). I dare you.
I dare ALL of you to give examples.
I kept forgetting to reply to this, partly since I rarely watch shows these days. One that appeared in my mind a few days ago was Digimon Xros Wars with Beelzemon/Mervamon.
Penguin Dragneel
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Thread Starter - Weeb Wars: The Anime Controversy Thread
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Artist -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

The Latest Tax Write-Off
@Meanlucario
Well, Gin technically fits that bill. He originally defected from the Soul Society alongside Aizen, and assisted him with his plans, which included slaughtering hundreds of soul reapers, hollowfication experiments, as well as cutting Hiyori clean in half.
Right at the end of the Arrancar saga, he stabs Aizen in the back and reveals that everything he ever did, up to and including betraying the closet person he’s ever had to a sister, was a part of a 100+ year plan to get revenge against Aizen for what he did to Rangiku (as for why he couldn’t do that earlier… well, it’s complicated).
What makes the twist work better here as opposed to Naruto is that he never actually tries to justify what he’s done, nor is he seen as a hero for doing any of this. In the end, he did it for the only person he ever cared about, his own life be damned.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).

Music/Charts Enthusiast
Blue Sky’s Epic was a pretty solid movie, I disagree with Schafrillas Productions on calling it a bad movie
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Explorer in Training
If you ever complain about British food being bad then you probably think American food is bad too. I mean look at bacon and eggs. It’s almost exactly the same!
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide