Viewing last 25 versions of post by Minus in topic 2020 Derpibooru Community Collab

Minus
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event

It's bad. In a good way!
"[@Barhandar":](/art/2020-derpibooru-community-collab/post/4602208#post_4602208
)  
So we can see less of the OCs, which means they can look worse. But this punishes all the ones that put effort into looking good.

Nah no nope. I was trying to imply you'd get a wave of other really bad submissions from me and my friends, but no. I'm bailing out of this as an artist. This year isn't worth any effort if it's going to be like this.

The last ones were good, where people worked hard to draw their OCs and get them in, for many people it was a reason to create an artist tag for themselves. I loved that! Now though, it's nothing but an excuse to get artists to give you free art over on the requests thread, or apparantly submit your own low effort recolors. Really sad to see it go this way. But I'll always be happy I got to be part of the earlier ones.

Maybe two coollabs are needed? One with standards and one without. I don't want to put in the effort if the plan is to cover that up with so many OCs they all look as bad as each other.
No reason given
Edited by Minus
Minus
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event

It's bad. In a good way!
"@Barhandar":/art/2020-derpibooru-community-collab/post/4602208#post_4602208
So we can see less of the OCs, which means they can look worse. But this punishes all the ones that put effort into looking good.

Nah no nope. I was trying to imply you'd get a wave of other really bad submissions from me and my friends, but no. I'm bailing out of this as an artist. This year isn't worth any effort if it's going to be like this.
The last ones were good, where people worked hard to draw their OCs and get them in, for many people it was a reason to create an artist tag for themselves. I loved that! Now though, it's nothing but an excuse to get artists to give you free art over on the requests thread, or apparantly submit your own low effort recolors. Really sad to see it go this way. But I'll always be happy I got to be part of the earlier ones.

Maybe two oollabs are needed? One with standards and one without. I don't want to put in the effort if the plan is to cover that up with so many OCs they all look as bad as each other.
No reason given
Edited by Minus