[SFW] Artist's Group Chat

40kponyguy
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!

AimingToPlease,OftenMiss
One of my latest scribblings.

(I know I linked the old version earlier).

Why does this pose work so well?

I think it’s a trick Disney use a lot. If a character is looking up at you, it implies they are submissive, and adding a cute factor just encourages a ‘want to protect them’ reaction.

If a character is looking down on you, it implies they are dominant.

It’s playing on the adult and child reactions built in to the human psyche.

At least, that’s my opinion.
PaskaNaakka
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Magnificence - Artist with 100+ Safe/Suggestive images with over 100 upvotes, and 5+ Questionable/Explicit images with over 350 upvotes
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!

PM me Maud pics
In somewhat related news, I am starting a course in a visual arts folk high school this week. A comic art course, specifically. So, the amount of free time I have to draw horses is going to decrease somewhat, but hopefully the quality of the horses i draw is going to improve further.
Wish me luck! :>
Binkyt11
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Best Art Program Ever - For artists who were courageous enough to draw something for the April Fools day.

Sleep isn't real.
@Twilight Schwifty
full
So left to right that’s Applejack, Twilight Sparkle, Fluttershy, Rarity, and one of my OC’s eyes. Round eyes are like the standard eye shape. More “almond” shaped eyes like Twilight’s or Rarity’s look more “pretty”, while Fluttershy’s “sad-shaped” eye looks more subdued. Having only one catchlight (the white shimmers) or only one gradient color to the iris (like the bottom row) make the eyes look less emotional so that’s good for “tougher” characters I feel, while having three catchlights makes them look more emotional (crying, overly happy, children), etc. Larger rounder eyes look cuter and more childish, while smaller narrower eyes look more aggressive and mature. Also, the pupil dilates or narrows with emotions: a larger pupil is happy and affectionate while a smaller pupil is scared or aggressive :D

I don’t know if I ever did, but I wanna thank you for making this post. It helped out a lot a few weeks ago asa reference.
Binkyt11
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Best Art Program Ever - For artists who were courageous enough to draw something for the April Fools day.

Sleep isn't real.
@Badumsquish  
Ahh. Well hopefully it comes to ya. That chart really is useful though. A few weeks ago when I was helping my cousin with a ponysoma design, I brought it up to her to give her an idea for it.
LightningBolt
Umbrella - For Patreon supporters
Lightning Dee - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
Personally the eye chart is not the best ref as it only focuses on the main six, so it ignore all other unique eye shapes (Sunset, Cadence, every other princess) and stallion eyes. Plus the eyes are just wrongly shaped there as they rarely ever look that oblong and I don’t even know how they did that. Also it doesn’t even HAVE Rainbow Dash’s eye on there, which 90% of every other female pony uses, and the default male eye is just that without eyelashes…

I know this means little coming from me, a person who uses the same eye shape for like 95% of her ponies, but STILL. This has been bugging me since I saw that last night before sleeping and I had to say something. Maybe I’d be best off making a replacement, but eh.

%%%%~

In other news, basic-ass pose for a non-basic-ass horse so I can upload his bandmates one by one the next few days.  
Soobel
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

more amore best amore
Have Sunset really unique eyeshape? I think she have same eyes like Rarity, but brows are thicker.

When i drew my first OC Cloudie Brilliant, i think i invented “mouse-like” eyes: inner ends near snout are sharp like Rarity have, but outer corners are round like common pony eyes like Pinkie, AJ, Dash etc. But a Friend points me, that Twilight have such eyeshape and Octavia too. I known earlier that Octavia and Twily have same like Rarity’s eyes but then i noticed that Twily’s outer eyecorners are round…
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide