2016: Not a good year to be in the music business

bigladiesman
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Speaking Fancy - For helping with translations

El retorn de Jan
Well, after Miss Grimmie’s terrible murder case, let’s put some good news:  
Supertramp’s Rick Davies has apparently won his his fight against cancer and has made his first public appearance since his illnes became knew. Seems he will be on the road again soon!
.44caliberloveletter
Thread Starter - What Are You Listening To

Alexis the Queer Witch
Granted I do think that their last two albums were generic but still they were good before then.  
full  
Took this long for a death of a musician who I cared about
.44caliberloveletter
Thread Starter - What Are You Listening To

Alexis the Queer Witch
@SeraphimDawn  
Well might as well, going by anything past 2005:

Protest the Hero - Flashy over-the-top Prog Metal/Mathcore. Loads of insane guitar playing and crazy fast paced dynamics.

The Devil Wears Prada - Probably the only scenekid Metalcore band that doesnt blow hard. Early stuff is good but later on they got better as they became more mature.

Fallujah - Tech Death band that has lots of huge Ambient influence. The only thing that sucks about them is that their album The Flesh Prevails is way too compressed.

Dark Sermon - Originally Deathcore but their second album is Blackened Death Metal. Both albums surpass the typical of what their genres are known for and create some huge sounds.

Lorna Shore - Blackened Deathcore band and proof that not all Deathcore is generic. Theyre able to mix Heavy riffs with minor atmosphere and some catchy Prog moments here and there.

Issues - Guilty pleasure band. They mix Metalcore, Djent, RnB, and Pop. Not gonna be everyones favorite band in the world but they at least know how to have fun with their sound and they dont take themselves too seriously.

Corelia - Think Periphery except with less sucking and less terrible Djent riffs.

Northlane - Only putting these guys down for their album Node. First two are generic and terrible but Node showed a shift towards no djent and a heavier focus on atmosphere.

Oh, Sleeper - Despite that they do take obvious influence from Underoath, Haste the Day, Norma Jean etc. these guys are able to come up with their own personality. Their debut was really good Metalcore with some Tech parts thrown in (and it influenced Architects best album, Hollow Crown), rest of their releases are more watered down but still not bad.

Devil Sold His Soul - Post-Rock influenced Metalcore band, extremely beautiful, brutal, and emotional.

Oathbreaker - Blackened Hardcore band that uses a lot of melodic and atmospheric riffs. Their vocalist is a female with some good screams and cleans.

Fit For An Autopsy - Gojira Deathcore edition.

Entheos - Tech Death band with electronic sounds in it. Their vocalist is also female.

myGrain - Really good Melodic Death Metal band.

Slice the Cake - Deathcore band that rides way closer to Tech/Prog Metal. Interesting concept with creating an online Metal collaboration of different members from different countries.

The Room Colored Charlatan - Primitives was a great album, pretty atmospheric for Deathcore, new album however was just mediocre.

Make Them Suffer - Neverbloom was an okay album, pretty unique combination of genres (Deathcore, Symphonic Metal, Black Metal). Old Souls was even better though, while the band did cut off some of their diversity they upped the emotion in their songs.

Angelmaker - Deathcore band thats pretty jamming and even managed to attract a lot of people who hated Deathcore (me included).

Aversions Crown - Tech Deathcore with alien themed lyrics.

Flourishing - Probably one of the weirdest bands on this list. Theyre Tech Death but they mix it in with Sludge Metal, atmosphere, and some odd guitar tones.

Gigan - Sci-Fi Tech Death band. Pretty dissonant and thick but still fitting with their sci-fi theme.

Artificial Brain - Another Sci-Fi Tech Death band though these guys lean less towards dissonant atmosphere and more towards pure technicality.

Memphis May Fire - Listen to the self-titled EP and Sleepwaking, then forget that all their other material exists because its shit and not worth listening to.

Probably could think of more if I could but thats all that I could work out of my brain for modern Metal recommendations.
AwesomePossum

There is some decent stuff out there post 05, if you dig deep enough through the crap to find it. I’ll throw out some of my more modern bands.

Shadow Of the Colossus - Pretty decent, brutal deathcore.

Winds Of Plague - Metalcore with synth elements, they seem to get alot of hate but I think they are one of the better metalcore bands.

The Tony Danza Tapdance Extravaganza - Brutal tech/mathcore.

Ahab - Sludgy funeral doom metal, dark and heavy as the oceans.

Heathendom - Really good doom/power metal from Greece. Very versatile singer with quite a vocal range.

Trollfest - Insane folk metal band, good for drinking and having a fun time.

Alestorm - Pirate themed power metal.

Septic Flesh - Started in the 90s as a death metal band, disbanded. Got back together mid 2000’s with more of a classical, orchestral death metal sound. I find their later albums to be alot better.

Fleshgod Apocalypse - Another death metal band with heavy symphonic orchestral elements.

Witchcraft - Classic stoner rock. Although they started a bit before 05 they released their first album in 04 so close enough.

Blood Ceremony - Another female fronted metal/rock band, the singer also plays the flute. Like a heavy female fronted Jethro Tull.
Kirb
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Thread Starter - Stranded (Anthro/NSFW)
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

@Blackenedblue  
Agreed. Come with Me Now is awesome! You don’t hear many songs with the accordion.

@MoogSourceVermona  
Well, fine. Guess I can’t list Gorillaz, Muse, or Metric either. Though they’re all great bands. (I’ve been getting into Metric a lot lately, they’re kind of modern new wave)

@Dirty Bit  
Despite the gimmick, Babymetal is surprisingly good.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide