Ask the mods anything

Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@ice1517  
In many countries, like the USA and Japan, you can send data to another device using the signaling channel (or ‘D’ channel) of an ISDN line without accepting the call, which means that if you have enough time, and your payload is small enough, you can deliver meaningful volumes of data without ever paying for it. For example, a BRI’s ‘D’ channel can transfer approximately 1 megabyte every 2 minutes before anyone will notice.

Coincidentally, this is precisely the bandwidth required to move the dailies from a location shoot back to the main studio overnight, if you are diligent and they aren’t sending too many frames.

If you do it right, the line won’t even “ring”.

NOTE: This is not legal in some countries.
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@team blueplant  
@Zeb  
Exactly. If no one answers the call, no one gets billed for it. 1 megabyte every 2 minutes, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. But, like I said, it’s only “not strictly speaking illegal” some, not all, places.
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
Sorry if this was asked before, but can you separate art, from artist?

Like can you still enjoy the content someone makes, even if you do not like the person who is making it?
Fleetfoot
Fleetfoot - For Patreon supporters
Perfect Fleetfoot Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ saucy Fleetfoot images with 350+ upvotes (Perfect Pony Plot Provider)
Woona - To my most special somepony~
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Tree of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Responsible Disclosure - Lessons from Furbi

Senior Moderator
Fletch the Enfield
@ice1517  
I personally don’t if I really dislike something about the artist it doesn’t matter how good the art can be I do cut it out of my list.

I mean I don’t stalk or go out negativing good draws because I dislike the artist nah, I just don’t give their art as much attention and won’t ever want to commission them.

Since I commission a lot of art I do tend to trying reaching in contact with a lot of artists who have styles I enjoy and I have come across artists that were either terrible rude or straight out ignoring me altogether nonetheless more often than not all goes really well.

I do mean it more often than not, even if we can’t come down to an agreement mostly due to pricing, I do value art respectfully though I won’t give in for an over-price due to the artist being more famous than the others solely, if I feel the art quality as a whole does not meet the high asking price which is set due to artist having more fame solely than I don’t go further with it.

But as I was saying even in these scenarios all usually goes smoothly, educated and politely.

Now, bad occurrences do happen, not mentioning names obviously, there was an artist I wished to commission for a FleetDash draw, them kissing each other, as the artist had a few kissing draws that were marvelous.

Artist did note that would not accept NSFW commissions however a lip kiss is at best suggestive the way I see it and she/he had those on the gallery so I thought it would be alright, after many message exchanges though where took quite a while to come to the conclusion she/he was against it being kissing regardless.

I did question about it why she/he would do it but was against commissioning it, I know it is any artist right to set their desired limits when commissioning, it was just curiosity per say, the answer was that kissing ones were only as gifts to her/his boy/girlfriend, I joked about it being misleading advertise as those were the draws that made want to commission xD

Thing is with that out of the way she/he still was pushing for me to commission a safe draw of them and I said I had no interest in another all safe commission for them at the time as I was after the kiss scene and I wouldn’t be commissioning then… boy you should see the next 2 replies I got, rude as rude can be, including cursing and all, he/she went completely jerk 100% because I no longer wanted to commission.

So I just blocked communication with and here in derpibooru just to avoid it I tag:hidden her/his artist tag.

So, long story made short; it depends on the situations you experience with that person I’d say, I don’t dislike an artist because they might experience stuff I’m not a fan of, like some people like to bash great artists from going from safe only to NSFW or other mature content… only exception I’d say are Nazi ponies because as a german citizen I don’t take it all too well.
Zaknel
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Artist -

Mods-Ezekiel 33:11
“@ApplejackFan204”: /dis/ask-the-mods-anything/post/3639347#post_3639347  
Look what I did to my reply to you. Removing the space links to your post. Same with links. Quotation marks, semi-colon, paranthesis, and then link.

Edit:  
Not a mod. Just someone answering a question.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide