Viewing last 25 versions of post by Barry Tone in topic Automotive enthusiasts?

Barry Tone
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Needs to know Hebrew.
I really gotta post here, before things get too far ahead.

"

[
@FuckItsDaytimeAgain":](/forums/dis/topics/automotive-enthusiasts?post_id=5136079#post_5136079

)

Sure, I'll post about it here.

According to what I hear, the Hot Air Intake should work on a _*Gasoline_* engine. Diesels supposedly benefit from _*cold_* intakes, so long as it's not winter.

"

[
@FuckItsDaytimeAgain":](/forums/dis/topics/automotive-enthusiasts?post_id=5139071#post_5139071

)

Forums seem to have taken a nosedive since 2011, but this one's still alive. Meanwhile, I'm posting in a specific guitar forum where only I and fewer than 12 other people reply.

I haven't modded my Explorer recently, but I'd like to put the hot air intake piping back on. It's meant to go close to the exhaust pipes.

On a recent long 200+ mile trip, on the return trip in the last 70 miles, I was seeing intake temps at 130 - 136 F even without the piping to the exhaust. Maybe it was just hotter outside then, but that's not usually what happens. I'd see it go to 118 at most uphill these last few weeks, but I don't often drive the car long enough to usually see that.

I've considered putting some fiberglass in the engine bay too, to keep it warm in winter months and shorten warmup time. I got a bunch of fitberglass cheaply in a yard sale, so that'll work out.

My last tank came out to 20.9 MPG, but I think the pump shut off too early; it was a Sheetz pump (the gas was $2.999 vs $3.359,) and I'm used to pumping at a Citgo station. The on-board computer was reading 20.1 MPG, so I know the pump was off.
No reason given
Edited by Barry Tone
Barry Tone
Artist -

Needs to know Hebrew.

"@FuckItsDaytimeAgain":/forums/dis/topics/automotive-enthusiasts?post_id=5136079#post_5136079

According to what I hear, the Hot Air Intake should work on a _Gasoline_ engine. Diesels supposedly benefit from _cold_ intakes, so long as it's not winter.

"@FuckItsDaytimeAgain":/forums/dis/topics/automotive-enthusiasts?post_id=5139071#post_5139071

Forums seem to have taken a nosedive since 2011, but this one's still alive. Meanwhile, I'm posting in a specific guitar forum where only I and fewer than 12 other people reply.

I haven't modded my Explorer recently, but I'd like to put the hot air intake piping back on. It's meant to go close to the exhaust pipes.

On a recent long 200+ mile trip, on the return trip in the last 70 miles, I was seeing intake temps at 130 - 136 F even without the piping to the exhaust. TMaybe it was just hotter outside then, but that's not usually what happens. I'd see it go to 118 at most uphill these last few weeks, but I don't often drive the car long enough to usually see that.

I've considered putting some fiberglass in the engine bay too, to keep it warm in winter months. I got a bunch of it cheaply in a yard sale, so that'll work out.

My last tank came out to 20.9 MPG, but I think the pump shut off too early; it was a Sheetz pump (the gas was $2.999 vs $3.359,) and I'm used to pumping at a Citgo station. The on-board computer was reading 20.1 MPG, so I know the pump was off.
No reason given
Edited by Barry Tone
Barry Tone
Artist -

Needs to know Hebrew.

"@FuckItsDaytimeAgain":/forums/dis/topics/automotive-enthusiasts?post_id=5136079#post_5136079

According to what I hear, the Hot Air Intake _should_ work on a _Gasoline_ engine. Diesels supposedly benefit from _cold_ intakes, so long as it's not winter.

"@FuckItsDaytimeAgain":/forums/dis/topics/automotive-enthusiasts?post_id=5139071#post_5139071

On a recent long 200+ mile trip, on the return trip in the last 70 miles, I was seeing intake temps at 130 even without the piping to the exhaust. That's not usually what happens, but I don't often drive the car long enough to usually see that.

I've considered putting some fiberglass in the engine bay too, to keep it warm in winter months. I got a bunch of it cheaply in a yard sale, so that'll work out.

No reason given
Edited by Barry Tone
Barry Tone
Artist -

Needs to know Hebrew.

According to what I hear, the Hot Air Intake _should_ work on a _Gasoline_ engine. Diesels supposedly benefit from _cold_ intakes, so long as it's not winter.

On a recent long 200+ mile trip, on the return trip in the last 70 miles, I was seeing intake temps at 130 even without the piping to the exhaust. That's not usually what happens, but I don't often drive the car long enough to usually see that.

No reason given
Edited by Barry Tone