Viewing last 25 versions of post by tehwatever in topic The Nerd Thread (comics, movies, anime, cartoons, video games, lore, fun stuff, ect.)

tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

[@Dex Stewart](/forums/dis/topics/the-nerd-out-thread?post_id=5319505#post_5319505)
Xactly. That is way out of pocket. Too edgy. Which is why I think they're playing around doing some creative marketing or something. Attacking your own audience only works if your audience *aren't* already on edge, or that they know beforehand that a roast is coming.

I mean, THE BOYS *regularly* attacks YOU the audience by making you to be a parody of dumb, toxic superhero-obsessed consumers who are into politics, who gets their truths from either the internet or celebrities. **But it works for the most part** because it also tells stories that respects their audience.

Making VELMA to just be full of edge with no point seems to be a massive FLEX and bullying as if saying "we own your fave character and we're making changes I know you don't like. What you gonna do about it? NOTHIN!"

It's so bizzare and mean-spirited that I don't want to believe they're actually that petty.

[@Cosmas-the-Explorer](/forums/dis/topics/the-nerd-out-thread?post_id=5319507#post_5319507)
Scummy af. Which is why I think they're playing some kind of 4D chess at 4 parallel universes.
No reason given
Edited by tehwatever