The Nerd Thread (comics, movies, anime, cartoons, video games, lore, fun stuff, ect.)

Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
Never played Chrono Trigger but I’ve heard the world about it.
What a shame that one of the artists for that game died.
Not just an artist, the character designer.
Even if you don’t like JRPGs, it’s very charming of a game, and it’s not too complex, or long like most RPGs.
Not Lawrence
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Queen of Love - For those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I’ve heard the news earlier…. Dragon Ball is a cool anime, and it’s a shame that I’m no longer a fan of it myself.
RIP Akira Toriyama :(
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
I used to watch DBZ as a kid. Never a major fan but playing Budokai 1 and the tapes of DBZ and DB always provided good memories and sparked an imahination within me.
Thank you, Toriyama and RIP.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
Cerebral thrombosis, blood clot in the brain, can strike without warning and drop you stone dead.
Devastating news, he was a unique creative genius, and his work was a cornerstone of many a childhood, mine included.
Hollowfox, Always The Worst Person
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Est. 2012
Let’s be honest, if not for Toriyama nor his creations, Square Enix wouldn’t be where they are, Shonen manga wouldn’t be as known as it is now, Toonami wouldn’t last for more than a quarter century being the better cartoon show.
He’s the influencer for battle action shonen and anime and manga in general.
As the lyrics say in “The Emperor’s New Clothes”,
Heroes always get remembered, But you know legends never die
Fly high, Toriyama-sensei.
northern haste
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Enter if you dare
New poster for ‘WINNIE THE POOH: BLOOD AND HONEY 2.’
AI or artist doing shit on purpose to see if they do everything?
Girl at the bottom got snake arms
BlitztheDragon
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@northern haste
That has GOT to be machine learning-generated. In addition to the smiling girl with noodle arms, there’s the guy on the lower left with a melted face, and a random disco ball over the whole collage.
It looks like they put in some prompts for a generic slasher film with Pooh and Piglet involved, done in the style of those epic George Lucas/Steven Spielberg movie posters
Edited to add: Also the generic as skim milk tagline and a release date of “26,27,28”
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide