Unpopular opinion time (super alpha no pony edition)

Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
So a 27 year old female teacher had sex with a 17 year old male student in South Carolina. While the details of the case are still forthcoming, I noticed something that has piqued my interest for years.

The use of the term “victim”.

The student is typically described as a “victim”. This makes sense when it’s a child, anywhere from like super young to 14.

But I have to ask, what really separates a 17 year old from an 18 year old? A child cannot consent as they do not fully understand the ramifications of their actions. A person about to turn 18 years old however…

So if that person agreed to the relationship, are they still a victim? I don’t think so. Or at least I think it merits more nuance than simply a blanket statement of crime.

One could still argue that a teacher, for instance, shouldn’t do it due to the power dynamics of an authority figure and a pupil, and that the act is highly unprofessional. But does that make the student truly a victim? This gets into a whole mess of legal and psychological nuance that I feel gets neglected in favor of easy, blanket statements.
Nightweaver20xx
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Happy Derpy! -
Platinum bit -
Emerald -
Artist -

Evil
@Zincy  
It’s easy to go on witch hunts, and the US is full of them lately. It’s also probably a very unpopular opinion, but I’ll also state that we’ve become a society of victims. Everyone is a victim. If you’re not being victimized, you’re on the lookout for victimizers. Litigation, litigation, litigation, protests, protests, protests. Everything is a freaking protest lately. Fist raised in the air, time for change, time for change. Well maybe so. But here’s what I think: I think we all take ourselves way too seriously. We take life way too seriously. What is making us all so angry at almost everything lately?
OptimusPrimevil
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

shipping wars is the most toxic of all fandom turn-offs (why i don’t go to this site’s steven universe thread anymore).

that is fact.

laughing your ass off at shipping wars you have no interest in is fun.
EquestrianScholar
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

@NotYourAverageLurker  
It could matter your involvement or perspective in Shipping Wars, because it can also be very hilarious to watch. I could also see it being fun, if some didn’t take it as seriously or personally.

As the song goes, Ship Happens, which can hilariously parodies the concept of shipping in fandoms. Epecially in the Anime fandom, and honestly I feel that picking Haruhi Suzumiya was perfectly cast.
Commune
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

🚙
If you use “I’m not racist/sexist/homophobic etc BUT”  
The chances of you being what you say you aren’t is quite high
Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@Commune  
“I’m not racist, but all immigrants should be deported back to their home country” would be a good example. Granted, I haven’t encounter someone who (I’m aware) said this, though you get the point.
EquestrianScholar
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

@Meanlucario  
How about this, hating someone who happens to be of a certain race, gender, or religion… but on a personal level, with the person hating the individual but not having an issue with others.

The idea that “Its not a hate crime, if I hate you on a personal level.” I ask, because this was used as a joke.
Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@EquestrianScholar  
Hating someone for their personal actions is fine, though I’m of the belief to save hatred for those that truely deserve it. And if it is purely personal, than why add the “I’m not racist” part?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide