Viewing last 25 versions of post by LegatusFlagrans in topic Youtube Discussion

LegatusFlagrans
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Legionary Captain 🌹
"[@Shirani":](/dis/youtube-discussion/post/3291500#post_3291500
)  
Well, as you can probably see from recent events, discourse hasn't really had much of a tendency to work with Nazis... and free speech as a legal protection is already far from absolute. You can't yell "fire" in a crowded theater to start a panic, homeless people can't beg for change in front of a store, and the Westboro "Baptist Church" can't protest within 300 feet of a soldier's funeral.

There is a difference between censoring people for having differing opinions, and calling out white supremNaczist rhetoric for what it is - an incitement to violence and discrimination against non-whites, non-heteros, and non-Christians; it's not just reprehensible, it's **dangerous**, and legal action ought to be taken against it as such.

But I do agree that YouTube shouldn't censor viewpoints which simply differ from theirs, I'm not saying they should; and if they are, there need to be measures taken to put a stop to it. As I said before,
[bq="LegatusFlagrans"]

>
I also realize that there are some dingbats out there who will try to label anything leaning even slightly to the right as offensive, I get that; I'm pretty hard to the left, and even **I** think that people take it way too far - I'm not going to trample on people's rights to say "Fuck the ACA" or "Build the wall" or anything like that.[/bq]

No reason given
Edited by LegatusFlagrans
LegatusFlagrans
Artist -

Legionary Captain 🌹
"@Shirani":/dis/youtube-discussion/post/3291500#post_3291500
Well, as you can probably see from recent events, discourse hasn't really had much of a tendency to work with Nazis... and free speech as a legal protection is already far from absolute. You can't yell "fire" in a crowded theater to start a panic, homeless people can't beg for change in front of a store, and the Westboro "Baptist Church" can't protest within 300 feet of a soldier's funeral.

There is a difference between censoring people for having differing opinions, and calling out white supremacist rhetoric for what it is - an incitement to violence and discrimination against non-whites, non-heteros, and non-Christians; it's not just reprehensible, it's *dangerous*, and legal action ought to be taken against it as such.

But I do agree that YouTube shouldn't censor viewpoints which simply differ from theirs, I'm not saying they should; and if they are, there need to be measures taken to put a stop to it. As I said before,
[bq="LegatusFlagrans"] I also realize that there are some dingbats out there who will try to label anything leaning even slightly to the right as offensive, I get that; I'm pretty hard to the left, and even *I* think that people take it way too far - I'm not going to trample on people's rights to say "Fuck the ACA" or "Build the wall" or anything like that.[/bq]
No reason given
LegatusFlagrans
Artist -

Legionary Captain 🌹

There is a difference between censoring people for having differing opinions, and calling out white supremacist rhetoric for what it is - an incitement to violence and discrimination against non-whites, non-heteros, and non-Christians; it's not just reprehensible, it's *dangerous*, and legal action ought to be taken against it as such.

But I do agree that thYouTubey shouldn't censor viewpoints which simply differ from theirs, I'm not saying they should; and if they are, there need to be measures taken to put a stop to it. As I said before,
[bq="LegatusFlagrans"] I also realize that there are some dingbats out there who will try to label anything leaning even slightly to the right as offensive, I get that; I'm pretty hard to the left, and even *I* think that people take it way too far - I'm not going to trample on people's rights to say "Fuck the ACA" or anything like that.[/bq]
No reason given
LegatusFlagrans
Artist -

Legionary Captain 🌹

There is a difference between censoring people for having differing opinions, and calling out white supremacist rhetoric for what it is - an incitement to violence and discrimination against non-whites, non-straigheteros, and non-Christians; it's not just reprehensible, it's *dangerous*, and legal action ought to be taken against it as such.

But I do agree that they shouldn't censor viewpoints which simply differ from theirs, I'm not saying they should; and if they are, there need to be measures taken to put a stop to it. As I said before,
[bq="LegatusFlagrans"] I also realize that there are some dingbats out there who will try to label anything leaning even slightly to the right as offensive, I get that; I'm pretty hard to the left, and even *I* think that people take it way too far - I'm not going to trample on people's rights to say "Fuck the ACA" or anything like that.[/bq]
No reason given
LegatusFlagrans
Artist -

Legionary Captain 🌹

There is a difference between censoring people for having differing opinions, and calling out white supremacist rhetoric for what it is - an incitement to violence and discrimination against non-whites, non-straights, and non-Christians; it's not just reprehensible, it's *dangerous*, and legal action ought to be taken against it as such.

But I do agree that they shouldn't censor viewpoints which simply differ from theirs, I'm not saying they should; and if they are, there need to be measures taken to put a stop to it. As I said before,
No reason given
LegatusFlagrans
Artist -

Legionary Captain 🌹

There is a difference between censoring people for having differing opinions, and calling out white supremacist rhetoric for what it is - an incitement to violence and discrimination against non-whites and non-Christians; it's not just reprehensible, it's *dangerous*, and legal action ought to be taken against it as such.

No reason given