Cartoon/Western Animation General

Cyborg_pony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages

@TheHappySpaceman
full
ZUKO is BEST Boi

Redeemable antagonist done right.@TheHappySpaceman

Oh great, Korra is trending again, and it’s trending for the same reason it always trends.
I swear, The Legend of Korra feels like it was designed to give people strong opinions.

Ironically CBR put out an article recently about how “Korra is an annoying know-it-all and that’s a good thing because she’s brown!”

I am not kidding. They equate her being obnoxious to her skin color. They aren’t self-aware enough to realize insulting that is, so it’s funnier to laugh at how hard their trying to make her seem good.

You can see for yourself

I have some advice for them: Let the dead lie, and don’t lie for the dead.
TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
@Cyborg_pony  
Oh geez…

For the record, I don’t think having a hotheaded woman protagonist can’t work. I mean, heck, I’d eat up a Toph-centered show if it was written well. (And that’s a big if.)
TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
Someone in a server I’m in described Korra as the Scrappy-Doo of Avatar: annoying, overly cocky, hotheaded know-it-all who, despite all that, somehow keeps getting in trouble.  
full

I haven’t seen enough of the show to agree or disagree, I just thought I’d share that.
Cyborg_pony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

@TheHappySpaceman  
Korra is Scrappy-Doo….

full

That fits too well. I need to get someone a parody pic.

For the record, I don’t think having a hotheaded woman protagonist can’t work. I mean, heck, I’d eat up a Toph-centered show if it was written well. (And that’s a big if.)

See, that’s the problem. She wasn’t written well. Toph also grew out of the being the: That guy lone wolf in a group and opened up to everyone.

Korra always acted she knew better IS better and never really had much to struggle for outside some moments that didn’t feel organic. Even in the end the way they did it; it was pretty much her saying “If I can’t be the best Avatar, then I’ll be the last Avatar” completely destroyed the concept of Avatar.
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
@Thanotos Omega  
I mean, as I said, I haven’t seen enough of the show to dispute or back up that claim. I just wanted to get y’all’s opinions since this is a point of contention.

tl;dr It was getting a little too chummy in here.
Thanotos Omega
Wallet After Summer Sale -

@TheHappySpaceman  
Korra is mildly irritating in how hot headed she is early on, but i never found it more annoying than Aang’s antics, and when Korra does serious it tends to be allot better than ATLA’s efforts, like Korra’s PTSD over her near death experience is some seriously heavy shit, like they ended a season on the hero in a wheel chair shedding a tear,

and Zaheer’s moment when he ascends to the zenith of air bending because the because his lover died allowing him to do what Aang never could and abandon his earthly tether it’s seriously tells you that even air nomads had some issues in their philosophies,
Dex Stewart
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@TheHappySpaceman  
I liked Scrappy. Not early on, but when he was in the show where it was just him,Scooby and Shaggy he really came into his own.  
Plus the movies that featured him are some of the best.
Cyborg_pony

@DaddyMakesMeEUHH  
Too bad they couldn’t figure out What his character was.

It was Chi, then blood bending, then he’s just water bending, then he ’spode.

Talk about a waste, both with for a good recurring villain, and something for Next season as Korra strives to reform her other bandings feeling empty and lost without it being her ENITRE character revolved around her being the Avatar. Then at the very end she gets spirit powers, to unclock all the benders Chi bowels, but wait; Wasn’t Amon using Blood bending to do that? So should Water healing being the solution?

The writers: Nah, it’ll be fine.

but it really wasn’t
DaddyMakesMeEUHH

(ヽ^ゝ^)ちわー!
@Cyborg_pony  
Yeah, I’m going to have to agree.He had everything to be a cool villian, his voice was cool and menacing, his design was intresting,but like you said he was wasted potential. I think they should’ve kept the idea of him being nonbender…
Cyborg_pony

@DaddyMakesMeEUHH  
It makes sense with his philosophy, and how this non-benber, so through shill willpower and physical skill can stand against actual benders throwing fire and boulders at him with ease as the show kind of put them as hierarchy- and the damage he done was literally poof! fixed after by Korra getting super chi powers and knowing exactly what to do meer moments after. Leaving many to just say…

full

Like many have seen, the show lost it’s luster when they guy left, and now Dragon Prince feels more like the successor to Avatar.
DaddyMakesMeEUHH

(ヽ^ゝ^)ちわー!
@Cyborg_pony  
Yeah, I think Korra would’ve done a lot better if AtLA wasn’t so great.Or if Nickelodeon would’ve given the writers time to plot out things instead of rushing them,it probably would have been a good successor to it, but well never know.On the talk of Dragon Prince I think unfortunately it’s very underrated,so I don’t think not a lot of people know it exist. I remember the trailer on Youtube and seeing comments talk about the animation and how it should’ve been 2d, thats why some of them aren’t watching it or whatever. I thinks that’s pretty sad since the writing is pretty good.
Cyborg_pony

@DaddyMakesMeEUHH  
I don’t think it has anything to do with time restraints from Nick. They could have easily penned a lot of the problems out, but didn’t. I feel like they just would have gotten the same dud with more time and money sunk into it. Bad writers are bad writers. Look at TLoU2’s story, and they pushed that shit back for years!

Throughout the show, it just seemed like they really hated the world of Avatar, and completely uproot it for their own thing as if out of spite. After the 1st season, it gets worse with the Avatar origin which SUCKS! which again leads back tot he end of if Korra can’t be the best, she’ll be the last, so that no one after her can be the Avatar.

In order to do another show, you’d have to completely ignore Korra’s story entirely, that’s how bad it is, which is probably why Nick is going back to TLAB, because like with Star Wars, the future was paved so poorly, the only viable route is backwards.
Cyborg_pony

@DaddyMakesMeEUHH  
I get a lot of people there. Which is why they hate me. XD

It’s sad, really. It could have been a decent show, but when you have no skill at writing you find other way to make your DoA cartoon relevant.

With that outta the way “Anyone else seen this Ed sings Your Love by The Outfield  
The singer sounds exatcly like the character and this is something the show would have done. Edd and Eddy’s bewildered stare makes it, although, I would of had them as the chorus instead of extra Eds since it kinda breaks the realism a bit.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide