Cartoon/Western Animation General

TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
@Alexk13  
If you liked season one, then season two is definitely worth a watch.

I’ll put it to you this way: Season two was the first time I ever binge-watched an entire season of a show over the course of one day. I have not done that with any other show.
TheSupremePatriarch
Wallet After Summer Sale -

@Beau Skunky  
That’s true, but these days where a ton of value is placed on representation, if it’s not seen as “authentic” it’s a problem. The tone of the show doesn’t even matter, look at Apu.

It’s stupid, but that’s how it is now.

@Oddball64  
Maybe the writers are starting to hate the show, and are just harming their characters out of spite.
Don't
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - One Piece Thread

Get up and Jump
The Simpsons MMA episode aged VERY badly

Like every single Social Commentary episode in Morden Simpsons
Sparx
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

#115 Wassup Voltage!
@Broken Adam  
full  
This quote seemed pretty relevant.

Though what I found dumb was Bart jumping into the ring because Marge was getting her ass kicked.
Background Pony #8437
I wish Disney would announce when the second half of Spider-Man season 2 will start airing. I want that Superior arc followed up on.

It shouldn’t be hard for it to be better than the comic version, that’s for sure.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@TheSupremePatriarch  
I don’t get it personally. Like in the Ducktales reboot, they said they couldn’t have Jim Cummings reprise Don Karnage, because they wanted an authentic “Spanish” voice actor for him. (Even though, Jim’s fake accent wasn’t necessarily Spanish, it was a mix of accents, and meant to be ambiguous. He wasn’t meant to be any “race”)  
While the new guy wasn’t bad, and I’m all for diversity, and helping get minorities in the voice business, (I actually liked having Fenton/Gizmoduck being Hispanic now, in fact. Especially, because he still sounds similar to the old version, so they aren’t “Flanderizing” or obsessing on that aspect) but it does feel like they’re getting too strict about who can voice what solely based on their background, rather then if their voice suits a character.

It’s like saying that women shouldn’t voice li’l boys, or Neil Patrick Harris shouldn’t play hetrosexual roles, or that the Shredder (TMNT) can only be voiced by an Asian man. (Shredder was voiced by two black actors previously, and nobody took issue with that. Arguably, they were the best Shredders.)  
Not to mention, voice actress Cree Summer has voiced both black & white characters, so honestly a person’s background shouldn’t influence their voice preformance.

And honestly, how is say an American-Indian man voicing Apu doing the same fake “stereotypcal” accent as Hank Azari make it better, or less “offensive?” (I’m still baffled people find Apu so offensive, especially sense he’s much friendlier & nicer then most Simpsons characters. Sometimes he’s nicer then Ned Flanders, who’s arguably become a stereotype, as well. Arguably, every Simpsons character is kinda a stereotype.)  
I mean, I’m not offended by Applejack, Hank Hill’s, or Bunnie Rabbot’s fake accents, and I live in the south, and hardly anyone sounds like them where I live.

Sorry to rant, but I’m just saying voice actors/actresses shouldn’t be pigeon-holed like that, but at the same time, I’m still open to having some diversity, as well.
Angrybrony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab

🔥Sunset is best girl🔥
found the Marvel Rising: Secret Warriors tv movie.  
i’d give a 6.5 maybe a 7 for cute stuff like the cameo of the best 2nd inhuman character.  
kamal is cute in it.  
full

i’d check it if you have some time to kill.
Background Pony #98F2
@Beau Skunky  
It’s because it’s easier for armchair SJWs to rant and foam at the mouth about “racist” cartoon characters than to actually go out and work at making the world a better place. That way they can feel a smug sense of entitlement without having to lift a finger.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Background Pony #D770  
Perhaps, but it’s really basically a lose-lose situation. It also hurts diversity in shows, because then it makes them afraid to portray any kind of culture, or race at all, (can’t have anyone with an accent, it might offend!) because it might offend somebody.

@Angrybrony  
Is it on Netflix, or anything?
TheSupremePatriarch

It’s like saying that women shouldn’t voice li’l boys, or Neil Patrick Harris shouldn’t play hetrosexual roles, or that the Shredder (TMNT) can only be voiced by an Asian man. (Shredder was voiced by two black actors previously, and nobody took issue with that. Arguably, they were the best Shredders.)
Not to mention, voice actress Cree Summer has voiced both black & white characters, so honestly a person’s background shouldn’t influence their voice preformance.

Applejack, Hank Hill’s, or Bunnie Rabbot’s fake accents

There’s a double standard going on. You’d be hard pressed to find a controversy surrounding a nonwhite VA doing a white character (specifically on the grounds of race) and there is a totem pole of what level of controversy a fake accent would generate.

It’s all so petty, a VA is merely one part of a character (a critical part, yes), and is not the end point of what a character is or whatever representation a character has. I’m sure in animation, there were a ton of other people just as important in how a character looks and feels in the final product.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@ShadowBolt Platinum  
Both are good shows, though they feel more like sitcoms then cartoons sometimes.

@TheHappySpaceman  
Good point, though most voice actors often can disguise their accents, and such in order to do more voices.

Yeah, Mel Blanc was great. I liked how he used his normal voice for Heathcliff. So he actually did have a slight Brooklyn accent.
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
@Beau Skunky  
Yeah, in the world of voice acting, anyone should be able to portray any voice since, again, you can’t see the person’s face. (Hell, they could be recording their dialogue without pants and the audience would never know either way.)
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide