Viewing last 25 versions of post by tehwatever in topic Religion general

tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

[@Background Pony \#721F](/forums/generals/topics/religion-general?post_id=5539160#post_5539160)
The CORE practice of both Sunni and Shia are the same. The Five Pillars of Islam and the Six Pillars of Faith, are the same. Both Sunni AND Shia also revere Muhammad(SAW) as the prophet of Allah. Both also believe the Quran to be the inerrant words of Allah, and consider it to be the **canon sequel** and final installment to the Abrahamic franchise.

For example the liturgy for *salah* or the daily rites is...pretty much same-y across the sunni and shia demographics. So much that there is a valid opinion that a sunni can pray behind a shia imam and vice versa. I've personally prayed in shia mosques before in some places because that's the closest mosque from where I was. Sure, I noted the difference, but in terms of core daily worship, there's nothing to fight somebody over.

edit: different core practice and belief but nothing major, but I must correct myself after having said they're the same.
No reason given
Edited by tehwatever