Viewing last 25 versions of post by Beau Skunky in topic Sonic Discussion

Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
"[@Dex Stewart":](/forums/generals/topics/sonic-discussion?post_id=5115339#post_5115339
)  
I'm fine with having multiple canons/universes, but I wish newer canons would be more open to draw insperation from them, rather then ignore them.

Like how the 2012 reboot of TMNT brought back some old characters, but did new things with them.

The Archie Comics canon was basically that. A combination of the classic games, modern games, classic DIC cartoons, and some new stuff.

It was my favorite canon, because of that.

I like mixing old canons together with new stuff to make a new canon.

Some fans liked it, (I did) but some felt meshing the game characters/stories with the SatA.M. cartoon's characters, and setting/premise "didn't work." (Like with overexplaining Station Square as some hidden city, and such.)

But on the other hand, the series did a few clever ways to combine the canons.

Some fans even wanted the comics to be either only game settings/characters, or SatA.M. ones.

I dunno, I liked both. I don't get fans that only like one Sonic canon, or try to compete them against each other.
No reason given
Edited by Beau Skunky
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
"@Dex Stewart":/forums/generals/topics/sonic-discussion?post_id=5115339#post_5115339
I'm fine with having multiple canons/universes, but I wish newer canons would be more open to draw insperation from them, rather then ignore them.
Like how the 2012 reboot of
TMNT brought back some old characters, but did new things with them.

The
Archie Comics canon was basically that. A combination of the classic games, modern games, classic DIC cartoons, and some new stuff.

Some fans liked it, (I did) but some felt meshing the game characters/stories with the SatA.M. cartoon's characters, and setting/premise "didn't work." (Like with overexplaining Station Square as some hidden city, and such.)

Some fans even wanted the comics to be either only game settings/characters, or SatA.M. ones.
I dunno, I liked both. I don't get fans that only like one Sonic canon, or try to compete them against each other.
No reason given
Edited by Beau Skunky
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
"@Dex Stewart":/forums/generals/topics/sonic-discussion?post_id=5115339#post_5115339
The Archie Comics canon was basically that. A combination of the classic games, modern games, classic DIC cartoons, and some new stuff.

No reason given
Edited by Beau Skunky